test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Without Avery Brooks it would be a really hard sell to bring back Sisko. They could try to replace the actor, but... they'd need a REALLY, REALLY good explanation for the change in appearance. And preferably an on screen one rather than shuffling it to a comic book like they did with Khan in Into Darkness.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Without Avery Brooks it would be a really hard sell to bring back Sisko. They could try to replace the actor, but... they'd need a REALLY, REALLY good explanation for the change in appearance. And preferably an on screen one rather than shuffling it to a comic book like they did with Khan in Into Darkness.
    I guess they'll go the DSC way, like they did with Spock: "I don't have to explain tribhit to you!"
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    It'll never happen. Brooks has been very adamant about not wanting anything to do with returning to the role in any capacity. Note that he has had absolutely nothing to do with it beyond DS9 itself. He didn't even agree to VO work for the DS9 related games back in the day and quite recently refused to have anything to do with that DS9 documentary. If he won't even do a few minutes of interviewing to talk about the series, why would he suddenly agree to come back now?

Add to that the man is pushing 72, is pretty well known for not playing with a full deck and largely retired, I very much doubt that we'll be seeing sisko again. cbs may well be interested in it but that in no way implies it'll happen
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Note that he has had absolutely nothing to do with it beyond DS9 itself.

Not entirely true, they did somehow get him to voice Sisko for the game Star Trek: Legacy back in 2006. Maybe if CBS threw enough money at him he'd agree to come back in some capacity? I was under the impression Kate Mulgrew was out for good too but they talked her into coming back for the kids show they're doing.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    they'd need a REALLY, REALLY good explanation for the change in appearance.

Not really.

1. On Star Trek (especially when Gene was still around), visuals changed rather often and "it always looked like this to the characters" was basically as he intended certain things. Even the TMP-Enterprise was going to be unadressed at first.

2. Sisko without Brooks would be lame, but *could* be explained. He lost his original body in the fire-caves, and in visions to people who knew him he still looked like before (for a time) and now he has a new appearance when walking among us, sponsored by the prophets. If you're physically kinda gone, you don't have to explain ANYthing.

3. What he truly needs would be a good "reason" as to why he returns. It seemed like living with the prophets was going to be pretty much indefinite. "Could be back tomorrow, or in a 1000 years. Love you, Cassidy"
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    No way Brooks is reprising Sisko again. And if they change the actor, frankly, they don't need to bring back Sisko.

I'm saying the same about Spock, by the way. The actors portraying (young) Spock weren't terrible, however, bringing Spock to Discovery didn't bring anything substantial to the table. Unnecessary.

The Kelvin Timeline made more sense as old Spock had to meet his younger alternative self. But still - the KT coukd have been entirely about George Kirk and the Kelvin. Would have been more interesting.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    For the reasons most stated, I don't think it will happen. Well, that is unless Q made him do it...then he'd just punch Q in the face again.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Honestly only new actor I'd accept for the Ben Sisko would be the actor who played Jake Sisko in DS9, Cirroc Lofton looks a lot like how Brooks looked back when DS9 was filmed and being a member of original cast it would easier for him to know the character.
This discussion has been closed.