test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Partisans- Random thoughts

2»

Comments

• paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    For a mission that was built around the Orion Syndicate, there was no extra dialogue for Orion captains, TBH it just seemed like a missed opportunity.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'm sorry, but that one issue mentioned in the first post is exactly right.
    Madran being allowed to escape again, with even a member of House Mo'kai along this time, stretches the limits of credibility further than taffy. Adep'ta should have taken his head right off for that, if not one of the other Klingons along. This is what, the fourth or fifth time he's done something the Klingons would kill him for, and walked right away unharmed?
    ​​
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,504 Arc User
    For a mission that was built around the Orion Syndicate, there was no extra dialogue for Orion captains, TBH it just seemed like a missed opportunity.

The mission seemed a bit rushed, and in light of the fact that they could not finish the other mission or TFO (I forget which) that was supposed to be in this event and so postponed it to a later event, they probably did not have the time to get fancy. It would have been really nice if they did hook extra dialog for Orions though.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    Another thing I don't get is the crew of the O.S.S. Coldstar, didn't Melani D'ian ban non Orions from joining the Syndicate once She took over.
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but I actually LIKE Madran. For me he's comic relief and does exactly what I expect him to do which is to try to backstab me every chance he gets and then somehow weasel out of getting himself killed. I'm not sure where i saw him first, either it was the mission that had the cave with the Horta in it or on New Romulas in the warehouse but he has always given me a laugh and one npc I will miss if they ever kill him off. Compared to Jar Jar , I'll choose Madran any day!
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I know this isn't a popular opinion but I actually LIKE Madran. For me he's comic relief and does exactly what I expect him to do which is to try to backstab me every chance he gets and then somehow weasel out of getting himself killed. I'm not sure where i saw him first, either it was the mission that had the cave with the Horta in it or on New Romulas in the warehouse but he has always given me a laugh and one npc I will miss if they ever kill him off. Compared to Jar Jar , I'll choose Madran any day!

Madran is funny really to stomp,but he has been overused. One possible reason I can think of is, during the hard quarantine times, he might be the most accessible ferengi VA actor right now.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but that one issue mentioned in the first post is exactly right.
    Madran being allowed to escape again, with even a member of House Mo'kai along this time, stretches the limits of credibility further than taffy. Adep'ta should have taken his head right off for that, if not one of the other Klingons along. This is what, the fourth or fifth time he's done something the Klingons would kill him for, and walked right away unharmed?
    ​​
    honestly I found this case the least problematic, we were "on the clock" so to speak, the imperial Klingon fleet could arrive at any second once the first wave beamed in, so as satisfying as killing Madran might have been we didn't have the time to spare

Yeah I have to agree that Madran is a bit overused at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.