test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Synth Wave busted

wildeye042wildeye042 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
One Transport won't move and has to be destroyed for mission to proceed. Transport stuck in starbase preventing mission from completing.

Comments

• lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    I've seen this as well. Transport seems to get "stuck" in the base, and the mission can't end until it's destroyed.
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    try transport is destroyed and wave doesnt end.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    had one get stuck on the base last night and tonight one just did not move at all.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I had one got stuck this evening. I assume it was waiting for a rescued soul to be put in it which was on my ship. Only problem was I couldnt transport it off my ship anywhere to send it over. Had to go outside to the big laser blast zone to blow myself up killing my passenger before ship would move.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • masterproteusmasterproteus Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Just wasted my time on an uncompletable Synth Wave where a Command Cruiser got stuck in the space station. Fix this immediately. I will not even potentially waste my time on this Task Force again so long as there is even a faint chance of it bugging out and wasting all of my time.

Considering they never fixed the Tzenkethi Warzone, I have zero faith they will fix anything ever.
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    What I am curious about is if they fixed the bug that was preventing us from receiving rewards and credit for doing the TFO in the first place. Ever since this thing began, I would run the TFO, and finish it. Chat box pops up, telling us how many lives we might have saved if we had been there, blah blah blah. But nothing else. No credit for doing the TFO, nada. So I have had to run the story mission just to get credit, which sucks, as I am on a limited time frame, and that thing takes forever. lol
  • robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    You do get credit for it, but you have to play beyond the last retreat, for about 15 mins more and by then you'll have him say something, and get the reward for the mission. That "playing beyond the last retreat" part is the painful part. Most leave the party/group before it ends and it makes it a pain for the rest of the party to complete since the enemies are so relentless.
  • sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I have been playing through until the end, where he ends the simulation and congratulates us. But when he does, there are no reward popups, and no daily event credit is given. Which is why I am forced to do the story mission, which I normally wouldn't mind. But my computer died a little over a month ago, and so I have to share my wife's, and she has certain times she has to be on for her games, etc...
  • xraiderv1xraiderv1 Member Posts: 487 Arc User
    got stuck with two survivors and tfo glitched tonight.
    Murphy's laws:
    1- Murphy’s Law tells us that anything that can go wrong will go wrong.
    2- And anything that does go wrong will get progressively worse.
    3- And if you survive the first two laws it’s time to panic.
  • duneczan3duneczan3 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Yes, a transport constantly gets stuck in place without anything blocking, thus requiring the synths to blow it up to proceed. And then a ship, in my case it's been a Galaxy dread twice in a row, gets stuck inside the station, then the synths get stuck inside the station, and the whole thing doesn't bloody work.

Fix. Your. Game.

PLEASE.
  • katweazlekatweazle Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    synthwave still bugged 1 transport ship still inactive mean mission does not progress untill it is destroyed but worst are battlecruisers ect get stuck under the upper half of the space station and the synths cant hit them meaning mission can not complete
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    katweazle wrote: »
    synthwave still bugged 1 transport ship still inactive mean mission does not progress untill it is destroyed but worst are battlecruisers ect get stuck under the upper half of the space station and the synths cant hit them meaning mission can not complete
    QFT, just had that exact problem, managed to get transport killed but command battle cruiser stuck under station, tried nudging it but no good so had to quit and get leavers penalty.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I did the TFO the first day - 45 minutes later I left the TFO.
    The enemies wouldnt die the TFO wouldnt end and I got tired of waiting.
    The mission can be done in around 35 minutes, which is great cause for me its the only choice.
    Um I do have a bone to pick with the mission. MADRAN IS IN A FEDERATION PENAL COLONY!
    He isnt supposed to be hiding on Nimbus III! LOL.
  • scorpwanna#3529 scorpwanna Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The instance I was just in this happened. Fed Battleship had it's saucer section stuck under the top half of the Starbase. I maneuvered my ship under there and wedged myself between part of it and the space station and it managed to get destroyed. This ended the simulation thank god. They should enable us to use a tractor beam on friendlies. That way we can toe the ship out.
  • xinaerkxinaerk Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Can confirm, fix the ships before deploying them. They get stuck in the base or won't move.
  • nukem001nukem001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The Developers failed to fix the event. It is 90% fixed. Command ship hits the star base. Not fixed Devs should be working on the weekend to fix the issue and issue the patch for not fixing it.
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Come on already. It's bad enough we have to slog through this unenjoyable TFO every day, can we at LEAST get it fixed so it doesn't take 20 minutes?! And when I say "get it fixed" I mean what I say. Not "closer to fixed," not "almost all the way fixed" but ACTUALLY FIXED??
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Just wasted my time on an uncompletable Synth Wave where a Command Cruiser got stuck in the space station. Fix this immediately. I will not even potentially waste my time on this Task Force again so long as there is even a faint chance of it bugging out and wasting all of my time.

When I play the mission, frequently a transport just does not move, so we pull back and let the synths destroy it.

Less often (2 times in 5 runs) the command battlecrusier/battleship gets stuck INSIDE the starbase. What the hell is it doing INSIDE the starbase? It may be getting stuck due to it's size or the geometry of its saucer section, but it should never be there to begin with. It is much much harder for the ships to destroy this because it is mostly shielded from damage by the starbase, and when we pull back and watch it, it's shields and hull actually regen from some occasional synth damage. It often takes an extra 10 minutes for the synths to destroy it. The mission is already a time sink...the last thing we need is to add 10 minutes on top of that.

Please fix:
    1. Add overall time limit to the final "transport escape" wave. 5-6 minutes tops then mission ends.
    2. Alternatively, once the last transport is away, and the battleships start to leave, begin a 1-2 minute countdown until mission end.
    3. Alternatively, any transport or starship that does not move for a minute after it's turn to move begins should just self destruct.

• thinker#1378 thinker Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am going to do my part and report that I am having the same problem.

I have played the mission 4 times now, and in three of the four, one of the transports was bugged, and would not start moving, though all three cases were solved by letting the AI kill the bugged ship.

My most resent play-through, my team had the bugged transport, and also encountered one of the Battleships somehow being stuck INSIDE the starbase. This was also resolved by letting the AI kill it, but was far more difficult. The ship heals itself, and was in a position that The AI could not get to it easily, and required the ENTIRE TEAM to suicide their ships so that the AI could focus entirely on the stuck battleship.

So far ... a 25% rate of the mission working correctly is not a good number to be at, especially for those of us on a time crunch (The lockdown has caused my place of work to go into semi-permanent overtime hours, so I am one of those people that have a VERY limited window of time to play.)
  • robynkaterobynkate Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2020

Please fix:
    1. Add overall time limit to the final "transport escape" wave. 5-6 minutes tops then mission ends.
    2. Alternatively, once the last transport is away, and the battleships start to leave, begin a 1-2 minute countdown until mission end.
    3. Alternatively, any transport or starship that does not move for a minute after it's turn to move begins should just self destruct.

I would like to second these changes to be added to the Synthwave fix. It would help avoid the bugs that currently occur in almost every run. Alternatively, not having battleships in the TFO and just more frigates and cruisers would help too.

The ship heals itself, and was in a position that The AI could not get to it easily, and required the ENTIRE TEAM to suicide their ships so that the AI could focus entirely on the stuck battleship.

@thinker#1378 If you have anyone with a ship that can fit up into the starbase, they can use their ship to nudge the battleship out there. It helps to have a person with a battle cloak to do this as they can cloak and the synth will mostly ignore them. I've had to do it on at least two runs with one run having two battleships stuck in the starbase at the same time. Large ships like the Romulan support carrier and maybe the scimitars I wouldn't try to sneak them into it, but a simple Romulan command warbird or T'Liss could do it... just takes time.

• chrisf0001chrisf0001 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    So, I've now played this event, what, seven times in the last six days? It worked correctly perhaps twice. Four times there was a 'stuck' transport that had to be destroyed, and the other time, yes, battlecruiser stuck inside the station model. No way to move it since it wasn't just in the gap between the sections, it was fully inside the station, and even with all of us playing dead and not respawning the synths couldn't dent it, or even hit it most of the time. We abandoned the TFO by mutual consent.

I'm not sure I've ever seen an event this bugged, and I've still got to do it fourteen more times! I can't wait... :(