test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Workaround for Stuck X-Traits.

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
This comes from this Reddit Thread: Source.

For those that don't wish to visit Reddit, here is a copy/paste for you.
I was just told in-game in DPS-Diamond of a workaround for stuck x-traits. If you aren't aware of what that is, x-traits are getting stuck with whatever was first put into them and swapping back to it on map change, such as entering a TFO.

The workaround for stuck x-trait seems to be to go to ship manager, select trait from inside manager, swap ships, swap back; if it's not fixed, try again.

The workaround for stuck x-trait with multiple x-trait ships seems to be similar: go to ship manager, select trait from inside manager, swap ships to another affected ship and swap that one's trait, swap back to the original ship; if it's not fixed, try again.

I've tested the first method thus far and it works.

Hope it helps someone having a problem with this issue.
Insert witty signature line here.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Oh cool. I think that will be a great deal of help for quite a few peeps.

Thanks for linking this Sea. 😃
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • puttrek#3578 puttrek Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have this problem too.This is the BIG issue for DPS ship because at the day of X-trait launch it can be swept freely but after yesterday patch the X trait will roll back to the first trait every time that you go into the TFO, it really matter to me because the x trait that stuck is not compatible to each of my build for each scenario.

GREATLY HELP - It really works .
  • chrisevans34chrisevans34 Member Posts: 260 Arc User
    shall try
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Oh cool. I think that will be a great deal of help for quite a few peeps.

Thanks for linking this Sea. 😃

I tried it, at the ship yard, as suggested. I beam into space, bam, reverted! I go into TFO, reverted! This has got to be the shoddiest patch ever. I spent an hour preparing and training up summer ship, for the trait, only to find out I can't even use it. FFS!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    How many of you guys have had it work for you so far would you say, and any others you may have told about it best guess? I'm going to make sure the Cryptic team and some other folks see this for now until a proper fix can be implemented. until then it's better than nothing.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    How many of you guys have had it work for you so far would you say, and any others you may have told about it best guess? I'm going to make sure the Cryptic team and some other folks see this for now until a proper fix can be implemented. until then it's better than nothing.

I can only speak for myself, but I have upgraded 5 ships so far, and all of them can swap traits with no problem. It should be noted though, that in all 5 cases when I upgraded the ship, I did assign it a trait right there inside the upgrade window. This is why it sounded like this 'fix' might actually work. I had heard it worked for a few people and was hoping it would help someone, but apparently even the fix is kind of hit and miss.

Still, your willingness to get attention on the issue is appreciated.

I doubt it's relevant, but here are the ships I have upgraded that currently work (at least for me.)

Kelvin Timeline Intel Dreadnought Cruiser (Vengeance.)
    Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier - Constitution Class
    Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier - D7 Class.
    Tzenkethi Tzen Tar Dreadnought Carrier.
    Shamshir Operations Dreadnought Warbird
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

I can only speak for myself, but I have upgraded 5 ships so far, and all of them can swap traits with no problem. It should be noted though, that in all 5 cases when I upgraded the ship, I did assign it a trait right there inside the upgrade window.

I tried to do this and wasn't allowed to. I did the upgrade at my Fleet Starbase, and it wouldn't let me change traits there, telling me traits can only be modified in a social zone. Best as I could tell last night, I wasn't having any trouble with it "reverting".

I can only speak for myself, but I have upgraded 5 ships so far, and all of them can swap traits with no problem. It should be noted though, that in all 5 cases when I upgraded the ship, I did assign it a trait right there inside the upgrade window. This is why it sounded like this 'fix' might actually work. I had heard it worked for a few people and was hoping it would help someone, but apparently even the fix is kind of hit and miss.

As is your willingness to bring the 'fix' to our attention. :)

Just for clarification, does 'select trait from inside manager' mean clicking on the new trait slot itself? Or just from the regular traits manager?
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

I can only speak for myself, but I have upgraded 5 ships so far, and all of them can swap traits with no problem. It should be noted though, that in all 5 cases when I upgraded the ship, I did assign it a trait right there inside the upgrade window.

I tried to do this and wasn't allowed to. I did the upgrade at my Fleet Starbase, and it wouldn't let me change traits there, telling me traits can only be modified in a social zone. Best as I could tell last night, I wasn't having any trouble with it "reverting".

Yeah, Fleet starbases are never considered social zones, dont know why, and at this point, i dont care, it should be, but oh, well.. anyway, havent tested, as i havent upgraded any ship yet. Good to know there is a workaround at least
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Just for clarification, does 'select trait from inside manager' mean clicking on the new trait slot itself? Or just from the regular traits manager?

When I did the initial ship upgrade, I was talking to the Ship Selector. While still in that panel, after doing the upgrade, I clicked on the ship trait slot that was now unlocked and was taken to the traits screen where I slotted the trait I intended to use.

I have no idea if that is in any way relevant to the issue, but I guess it could be.

When I did the initial ship upgrade, I was talking to the Ship Selector. While still in that panel, after doing the upgrade, I clicked on the ship trait slot that was now unlocked and was taken to the traits screen where I slotted the trait I intended to use.

I have no idea if that is in any way relevant to the issue, but I guess it could be.

Thx. I tried it again, ship selector open, and clicking on T6-X trait slot. Then changed ship, and back. Now it worked. I have no idea that precise order (instead of just deselecting and rechoosing a trait from trait manager directly) is relevant, but that did it for me.
    3lsZz0w.jpg

Thx. I tried it again, ship selector open, and clicking on T6-X trait slot. Then changed ship, and back. Now it worked. I have no idea that precise order (instead of just deselecting and rechoosing a trait from trait manager directly) is relevant, but that did it for me.

That's great to hear, I am happy you found a solution. :smiley:
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »

Yeah, Fleet starbases are never considered social zones, dont know why, and at this point, i dont care, it should be, but oh, well.. anyway, havent tested, as i havent upgraded any ship yet. Good to know there is a workaround at least

It might have something to do with the fact that they are not open to everyone, and iirc there was some talk about them possibly being used for fleet vs fleet PvP that was never implemented (not surprising with the way PvP has been loosing favor across the board).

I have not upgraded anything yet either, I am undecided which ship to use the free token on and I only got a UR phoenix token a few hours after the event ended which, if it was still on, would have broken the quandary. There is always next time I suppose. Either way, it is good to know there is a workaround until the problem is fixed.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I was in Earth orbit and clicked on the T6X Button in the UI. I unslotted the Starship Trait in the sixth slot and slotted the new one. I then beamed to the Shuttle and switched to the last ship I used and immediately switched back. Exited, the Shuttle, back in the T6X Ship. Trait stayed and stayed after going to a bunch of places for the Endeavors.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,712 Community Moderator
    Potentially stupid question on this subject. Have any of you guys respecced your toons via the skills invalid thing like Borticus had asked folks to do. The reason they asked folks to do so was some traits could get stuck. I'm curious if this is a symptom of what Borticus was talking about. Even if it's not related, I swapped one of my 5 normal traits into the 6th trait slot and back and it worked fine for me from then on as well.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Potentially stupid question on this subject. Have any of you guys respecced your toons via the skills invalid thing like Borticus had asked folks to do. The reason they asked folks to do so was some traits could get stuck. I'm curious if this is a symptom of what Borticus was talking about. Even if it's not related, I swapped one of my 5 normal traits into the 6th trait slot and back and it worked fine for me from then on as well.

I think the auto-revert to them happens when they change maps. I didnt have a problem because I played the trait I wanted right away and only got one ship I upgraded.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I have only played the Character I Respecd.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.