test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thoughts on the new story so far after the 3rd episode *spoilers*

lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
I really like both the quality of the 3 episodes so far, but also the plot twists and where it seems to be heading so far. From what it seems, after doing this new third episode we got:

1. J'mpok is a traitor and has allied with Aakar in order to achieve his goal. After his exposure he self announced himself as emperor when they houses left the battle site. I guess by now we all suspect he will be taken down sooner or later. I never seen him fit as high chancellor so...good riddance
2. J'Ula despite still being a villain seems, contrary to what we believed before this arc, to value the "health" and integrity of the Empire. She is still a "goals justify the means" person which makes her dangerous but definitely she isnt as evil as we thought. Her disappointment on the seemingly dissolve of the high council and thinking she failed her brother adds more to that. She is ruthless but she cares for her nation at least
3. Martok seems to be giving some subtle and some not so subtle hints that he may attempt to become chancellor again. I wouldnt be surprised if he actually emerges as one in the end of this arc, re-uniting the big houses. He would be far more fit than J'mpok ever was for it too.
4. Aakar tried to get the evidence to blackmail J'mpok - seems he wants to ursup his place as well as the tyrant in place of the tyrant. Another surprise in this arc, after J'mpoks true colors(we already knew he was a coward though), is that Aakar is also far more evil and ruthless than J'ula(without making her good)
5. By now I pity Madran, he is always trying to make profit in the wrong place, the wrong time

all in all it seems like a very good story so far that outlines klingons rough politics, and I cant wait to see further down the road but my guess is we are being headed to Martok convincing the great houses to give him support and claim his place as chancellor Add to this we havent seen what the Khitomer Allies think now that J'mpok got exposed, so should we expect Federation, Romulans and even Dominion to go up against J'mpok for killing their ambassadors in effort to do a power play?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I really liked the Klingons that decided that the Empire had become a cluster-TRIBBLE now and wanted to go their own ways. It just felt appropriate and a fitting potential development for the Empire.

I wonder if there will be time for Worf (and with him, MIchael Dorn) to come back to this storyline. It would be kinda weird if he didn't, but I can also see that they already have a lot of voice actors in the mix here and might just not be able to schedule or budget it.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Yes it would be logical for Worf since he openly supports house Martok and apparently Martok will try to become chancellor soon
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    My thoughts based on your bulletpoints...
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    1. J'mpok is a traitor and has allied with Aakar in order to achieve his goal. After his exposure he self announced himself as emperor when they houses left the battle site. I guess by now we all suspect he will be taken down sooner or later. I never seen him fit as high chancellor so...good riddance
    I have a feeling this had been building a bit since Martok came back.
    2. J'Ula despite still being a villain seems, contrary to what we believed before this arc, to value the "health" and integrity of the Empire. She is still a "goals justify the means" person which makes her dangerous but definitely she isnt as evil as we thought. Her disappointment on the seemingly dissolve of the high council and thinking she failed her brother adds more to that. She is ruthless but she cares for her nation at least
    J'Ula was ruthless yes, but she also seems to be a bit of a patriot. Everything she's done has been for the Empire. She's just been seeing the universe through tinted glasses because she's from the 23rd Century and came from a time when the Empire was poised to strike down the Federation, only to get thrown into a time where the Federation still exists. In her eyes, the war SHOULD have ended with the Federation destroyed. She wanted to correct that "mistake" only to have the mother of all curveballs thrown at her face. Helluva reality check.
    3. Martok seems to be giving some subtle and some not so subtle hints that he may attempt to become chancellor again. I wouldnt be surprised if he actually emerges as one in the end of this arc, re-uniting the big houses. He would be far more fit than J'mpok ever was for it too.
    He has experience, and the respect of the Great Houses. We now know the Great Houses won't follow J'mpok, and they won't follow J'Ula. My guess is because of the Mycelial Weapon. They both have used it. They now have lost all credibility in the Empire. The main difference between them is J'mpok still has power, and just took more, while J'Ula just took the mother of all blows to her confidence. What her brother accomplished, she unintentionally destroyed.
    5. Aakar tried to get the evidence to blackmail J'mpok - seems he wants to ursup his place as well as the tyrant in place of the tyrant. Another surprise in this arc, after J'mpoks true colors(we already knew he was a coward though), is that Aakar is also far more evil and ruthless than J'ula(without making her good)
    Aakar is a schemer, just like his grandson Gowron was. He does seem to be a bit smarter than Gowron though, but I predict he will fall the same way. By his own arrogance.
    6. By now I pity Madran, he is always trying to make profit in the wrong place, the wrong time
    I'm just wondering how Madran isn't in jail after our LAST encounter in Ninth Rule. Can I call the FCA on him yet? Seriously he should know that EVERY time he sees us, he's going to take a major hit to the wallet and just quit while he's ahead.
    all in all it seems like a very good story so far that outlines klingons rough politics, and I cant wait to see further down the road but my guess is we are being headed to Martok convincing the great houses to give him support and claim his place as chancellor Add to this we havent seen what the Khitomer Allies think now that J'mpok got exposed, so should we expect Federation, Romulans and even Dominion to go up against J'mpok for killing their ambassadors in effort to do a power play?

J'mpok's actions at Kitomer could be considered an act of war, or used as justification for the Federation and Republic to take a far more active role in the Klingon Civil War. Kitomer basically guaranteed that it is no longer an internal Klingon matter. I don't know how the Dominion will respond, but Starfleet and the Republic are pretty much guaranteed to get involved now, especially with J'mpok's power grab potentially destablizing not only the Alliance, but the whole galaxy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    6. By now I pity Madran, he is always trying to make profit in the wrong place, the wrong time
    I'm just wondering how Madran isn't in jail after our LAST encounter in Ninth Rule. Can I call the FCA on him yet? Seriously he should know that EVERY time he sees us, he's going to take a major hit to the wallet and just quit while he's ahead.

I wondered this as well. Why wasn't Madran in prison after Ninth Rule?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »

I wondered this as well. Why wasn't Madran in prison after Ninth Rule?

I assumed he paid the guards to plan an escape, lol
    J'mpok's actions at Kitomer could be considered an act of war, or used as justification for the Federation and Republic to take a far more active role in the Klingon Civil War. Kitomer basically guaranteed that it is no longer an internal Klingon matter. I don't know how the Dominion will respond, but Starfleet and the Republic are pretty much guaranteed to get involved now, especially with J'mpok's power grab potentially destablizing not only the Alliance, but the whole galaxy.

Yes I am sure one way or another they will get involved. Any loss of personnel would merit it, but they lost citizens with important roles over there
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    I really liked the Klingons that decided that the Empire had become a cluster-TRIBBLE now and wanted to go their own ways. It just felt appropriate and a fitting potential development for the Empire.

I wonder if there will be time for Worf (and with him, MIchael Dorn) to come back to this storyline. It would be kinda weird if he didn't, but I can also see that they already have a lot of voice actors in the mix here and might just not be able to schedule or budget it.

like the Gorn hegemony declaring independence along with the Syndicate? would the Gorn petition to ally with the Federation, or, like the Thoilans,m go it alone?
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
This discussion has been closed.