I really like both the quality of the 3 episodes so far, but also the plot twists and where it seems to be heading so far. From what it seems, after doing this new third episode we got:
1. J'mpok is a traitor and has allied with Aakar in order to achieve his goal. After his exposure he self announced himself as emperor when they houses left the battle site. I guess by now we all suspect he will be taken down sooner or later. I never seen him fit as high chancellor so...good riddance
2. J'Ula despite still being a villain seems, contrary to what we believed before this arc, to value the "health" and integrity of the Empire. She is still a "goals justify the means" person which makes her dangerous but definitely she isnt as evil as we thought. Her disappointment on the seemingly dissolve of the high council and thinking she failed her brother adds more to that. She is ruthless but she cares for her nation at least
3. Martok seems to be giving some subtle and some not so subtle hints that he may attempt to become chancellor again. I wouldnt be surprised if he actually emerges as one in the end of this arc, re-uniting the big houses. He would be far more fit than J'mpok ever was for it too.
4. Aakar tried to get the evidence to blackmail J'mpok - seems he wants to ursup his place as well as the tyrant in place of the tyrant. Another surprise in this arc, after J'mpoks true colors(we already knew he was a coward though), is that Aakar is also far more evil and ruthless than J'ula(without making her good)
5. By now I pity Madran, he is always trying to make profit in the wrong place, the wrong time
all in all it seems like a very good story so far that outlines klingons rough politics, and I cant wait to see further down the road but my guess is we are being headed to Martok convincing the great houses to give him support and claim his place as chancellor Add to this we havent seen what the Khitomer Allies think now that J'mpok got exposed, so should we expect Federation, Romulans and even Dominion to go up against J'mpok for killing their ambassadors in effort to do a power play?