test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Since we now have to respec ALL our characters

2»

Comments

• shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    At least the skill UI is more responsive now. The way it was before, it was a never-ending slog getting it to act on your input. I say that having recently reskilled a bunch of characters (which I will now have to do all over again), and eye-rolling at the lengthy delays with every skill purchase.

I noticed that too . It was a pleasant surprise to see how quickly I was able to get the skills set up again. Having almost 40 captains in a case like this has it's drawbacks so the faster skill UI was a relief.

"There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The invalid skills respec is a free one. They aren't that cruel to charge you a respec for a bug.
    It wasn't a bug. IT was an intentional skill reset done because they changed some of the underlying code of the skill system.

But yeah, they aren't going to charge you for it.

@somtaawkhar @foxrockssocks

In my case they do as two of my captains have no respec options except to pay zen for one. Not sure if the other captains actually have a free respec or if what I have is a leftover from lifetime perks.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The skills themselves didn't change, they changed the underlying code of some of the skills to increase optimization, and remove some error prone code

(I don't mean to be picking on you. This is just something I'm curious about.) So, if the skills didn't change, then why are we having to respec? I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the skill encoding changed somehow, and only the client can read the old and new formats.
    Why didn't they script the change, and just run it during the downtime? It would've avoided the whole fiasco.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I had a character that had the "Skills Invalid" state, and others that didn't. So if you don't see "Skills Invalid" on the character skill screen, you might not need to do anything at all.

Maybe that's why some people say there wasn't a free respec, because they didn't actually need to respec?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
This discussion has been closed.