test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's with the maintenance?

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
Question in title. Launcher says maintenance from 4:15pm-7pm UTC and to check the forum for more info. I checked the forum but can't find anything.
So what gives?
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Best Answer

Answers

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Sounds like Emergency Maintenance because all hell broke loose from yesterday's major update.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It's emergency maintenance. The server went offline for a bit earlier today, then they took it down for maintenance. The STO twitter confirmed it's down until at least 12pm pacific. They also confirmed they're working on issues caused by the patch, mainly characters disappearing.

Wait, what? Characters disappearing?

I was on only briefly yesterday to do the daily, guess I won't get to do that today, so what disappearing characters? First thing I've heard of it but now I'm nervous. My main was there but I have a good deal of alts I've invested a lot of time and resources in.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    chipg7 wrote: »
    It's emergency maintenance. The server went offline for a bit earlier today, then they took it down for maintenance. The STO twitter confirmed it's down until at least 12pm pacific. They also confirmed they're working on issues caused by the patch, mainly characters disappearing.

Wait, what? Characters disappearing?

I was on only briefly yesterday to do the daily, guess I won't get to do that today, so what disappearing characters? First thing I've heard of it but now I'm nervous. My main was there but I have a good deal of alts I've invested a lot of time and resources in.
    Players noticed it right when they logged on. From what I've seen on Twitter, Reddit, here, it was noticed as soon as you logged in - the characters wouldn't be there.

The STO twitter did say they should all be back with fixes though.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    It's up and running but people still reporting same issues with graphics cards...perhaps just resolved server stability but not major fixes?
    Only so much they can hotfix I guess.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... its something at least.
    One step at a time, fix what you found, find what needs fixing.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Can't change BoFF specialization - Still Broken.
    Phoenix Box Event - Still broken.
    Salvage Window - Still broken.

Fantastic. Guess we'll see if they actually fix anything tomorrow. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
    Can't change BoFF specialization - Still Broken.
    Phoenix Box Event - Still broken.
    Salvage Window - Still broken.

Fantastic. Guess we'll see if they actually fix anything tomorrow. :lol:
    Must've just fixed whatever was crashing the server. Or applied a fix that didn't work.

Dunno. Again, better communication would really help here.
This discussion has been closed.