test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Interesting note on endeavors

I had 2 Kill x number of y endeavors, and while working on both, I got DCed. Each time, when I logged back in, progress had been lost. (The second time, I'd killed 20+ Tholians out of 60, so I'd made decent progress.) My guess is that the client tracks endeavor progress, and only updates the server on logout or completion.

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,032 Community Moderator
    Did you log into the same character or a different one? Because progress for the personals doesn't carry over other than complete/incomplete. So if you had 1/2 of the kills on your main, got DC'd, and decided to play an alt to finish it, it would have 0 progress on the alt. You SHOULD still have progress on the main though.
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Actually, I also got problem today with endavour - the hardest was 500k plasma damage in space, I did the new TFO with my Romulan toon, and I did had it marked as done, but when the TFO ended, the endavour tracer got back to Plasma damage 0/500 000 - I was no amused...
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    Same character, same map both times. Got DCed, and logged right back in.
  • eladonwarps#6040 eladonwarps Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Had that happen a couple of weeks ago before the new patch. I had two different Tholian ground endeavors, so they were tracking together, but got SNR'd indefinitely and had to force-close the game before I finished the higher count. Logged back in and lost all progress.
    Call me "El," she/her only. I love my wife and I don't care who knows it!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,403 Arc User
    I noticed that as well. You can get 90% of the endeavor done get a SNR which happens none stop these days and lose the entire progress.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 53,032 Community Moderator
    edited October 2020
    Sounds like a bug to me.
    While I admit I have not experienced this myself... it just... that doesn't sound like WAI. Maybe submit a bug report or ask a Mod to move this thread to the Bug Report section of the forums?
    66998372863950ee98cf7da9786e2ea9-db80k0m.png
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out a Delta Pack, Temporal Pack, and Gamma Pack
    The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • marvyn#9793 marvyn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I also had this issue yesterday. I had to kill x60 Borg (Ground). I was in the Defera zone. The zone hard crashed and I was booted from the server.

When I logged back in to the same character, all endeavour progress had been lost. This actually happened to me twice. The second time, I was up to 58 Borg when it crashed so I wasn't particularly pleased to see it reset again to 0.

I managed to get my 60 on the third attempt.

I'm at endeavour rank 330+ - this is the first time that this sort of thing has ever happened which made me believe that there was a major crash or hard reset of the Defera BZ, particularly as when I did get back in, there were 10 other people 'beaming' in to the zone.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Posted to the bug forum, with a pointer to here.