test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ticket #317308: Character selection screen not working

paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
Ticket #317308 (has screenshot attached)

I am unable to switch characters. When I try to do so, the UI responds, but the character never finishes loading and nothing else happens.

I have gone as far as to completely uninstall STO and do a clean reinstall, in order to eliminate any issue with the client. This had no effect. I have also tried logging out/back in with the client still running; that resulted in being unable to select any character at all (not even the most recent one).

Comments

• onleinionleini Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm having the same problem. I can only play with the first char in my list. Ticket #317327
  • caldannachcaldannach Member Posts: 485 Arc User
    I too have this issue. Still not even been able to play the game.
    " Experience is a hard mistress, she gives the tests first, and the lessons after... "
  • keiran1911keiran1911 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me too, It's been a long load......
  • spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same - Also have a ticket open, I have been reading some players have lost all their characters as well from long standing accounts and support can't confirm if they can get them back or not which is also what it says in the response to my ticket. Fingers crossed they can sort this out.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I lost my main character. The oldest of all my characters created back in the days when all Klingons could do was PvP. He had all the goodies, lock box ships, gear, ec... And they can't confirm they will be able to retrieve it or that if they manage to do so he will have all his gear. That's years of investment gone down the drain. I love the game but playing it with an alt is just not as fun as playing it with my main.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • spook74spook74 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    trygvar13 wrote: »
    I lost my main character. The oldest of all my characters created back in the days when all Klingons could do was PvP. He had all the goodies, lock box ships, gear, ec... And they can't confirm they will be able to retrieve it or that if they manage to do so he will have all his gear. That's years of investment gone down the drain. I love the game but playing it with an alt is just not as fun as playing it with my main.

Feel your pain, I made my main on launch day.
  • sslorrsslorr Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I am having same issue. Have seen online that people with multiple accounts, as I, that my alternate accounts have no issue with the switching. So it is a server issue and not an client issue. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my lifetime account is the one that is not switching and my alternate accounts have no problem.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    Yeesh!

What in the world have they done to break the game this time? Someone losing years of content, ship purchases and beloved avatars is nothing to sneeze at.
  • blutwolf815blutwolf815 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Same here, and my account is also a lifetime account. As of right now, 22 of 23 characters are unable to be played. Even worse, some were playable yesterday that aren't this morning.