test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

short and sweet briefing on new TFO

chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
Fun, but chaotic, here's the bare essentials of what you need to know.

You fly to the circles with the double-headed arrow and beam up engineers. Your ship can hold three; you will see three hollow man icons at start, and they fill up as you beam up engineers.

Then you fly to one of the friendly ships with no crew, symbolized by same hollow man icons, and beam the engineers aboard.

There is a perimeter, and it shrinks over time. Don't get caught outside it or you go boom.

After a while you are told to switch to taking engineers to the station in the center. Then after another while the evacuation ships start going outward from station to one of three beacons, and you have to defend them en route. At this point there are teeming hordes of enemy ships zipping around, just do your best. After another while the thing ends and you get a report card.

It's crazy at first, but with repetition I'm sure we will get the hang of it and it'll be fun.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    To each their own, but I found this queue boring. And very bugged. Sitting around waiting for the last transport to die since it won't move was a huge waste of time. And since players kept healing it, it made it drag out even longer. Even with the bugs fixed though, just not a very fun or interesting queue. Good for pew pew, but other than that, meh.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    cirran1cirran1 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I absolutely LOVE the new TFO. I am using my T5U Odyssey, and she can take one hit outside the perimeter and keep on trucking. I love the pew pew pew, transport under fire, and the shrinking perimeter mechanics. One of the best TFOs in my opinion. Well done Cryptic, very well done.

Cirran
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Bugged transport jamming entire mission.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I managed to do the new TFO before I was booted. There was so much visual spam I couldn't really tell where the circles were at to fly to.
  • Options
    jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    Not a fan of the Battle Royale mechanic. Completely out of place in a game like STO.
    Very confused, very buggy.
    The episode is boring, but at least I can finish it without getting a headache or having to wait 5 minutes for the Synths to kill the transport that stays behind.
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @alcyoneserene said:
    > Bugged transport jamming entire mission.

We had this as well. Work around was letting the transport get killed and the match concluded with the launch of the larger ships.

I found this bug to be the only detail worth my attention. The map is boring. Power creep got absurd. While we let the transport get killed dozen of critters shot at me as well... I never seemed to loose any hitpoints. 😒
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    My impression might be skewed slightly because I ran this after having done the episode with its 5 or 6 bland mob spam timegatey junk I wasn't credited with any progress after the rehashed nimbus bar fight. Suffice to say I wasn't going to redo all those bland timegatey mob spam sections just for a blue mk11 with glowy bits.

Anyway the TFO was just boring fly about endlessly killing stuff waiting for a timer to count down while rescuing ships that didn't seem to have an impact on the end result while a tiny section of possibly the worst version of Mars that was found on the shitmidicovers subreddit. That last freighter seemed to be a common issue going by the zone chat. The timer removes any feeling of threat or pressure that might have made a last stand style scenario so much better, I'm assuming thats the general theme of the replicator/skynet mashup that disco has apparently done.

I do wonder now how bad the mirror invasion is going to be when it makes a return after being "revamped"
  • Options
    setadoonsetadoon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I learned to just stop control aoe at a certain point as an epg science capt. Otherwise you TRIBBLE people off by not allowing the enemies to kill the transport so it drags on forever. lots of loot tho lol
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    > @alcyoneserene said:
    > Bugged transport jamming entire mission.

We had this as well. Work around was letting the transport get killed and the match concluded with the launch of the larger ships.

I found this bug to be the only detail worth my attention. The map is boring. Power creep got absurd. While we let the transport get killed dozen of critters shot at me as well... I never seemed to loose any hitpoints. 😒

This TFO is terrible.

Players are tired of time gated 'wave' scenarios.. but apparently, that's what Cryptic wants, so that's what we get.

And you're right, you can't die. You can sit there and do nothing, you don't have to use any buffs.. the enemies do literally zero damage. I have never AFK'ed an event before, but considering that my 2 choices for the event reward are a time gated story mission or a time gated TFO that I have to do 20 TIMES, this might be the first.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    Timegating like this is a way of artificially inflating the "bums on seats" numbers over a longer period of time than the splash and dash red alert or double patrol event requirement.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Well this talks me into just doing the mission when I get ingame. I was half convinced when I heard we could do a mission or a TFO.

Now I'm convinced.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Second time mission jammed due to bugs, no clue what even bugged out.

FLASH FLASH FLASH
    FLASH FLASH FLASH
    FLASH FLASH FLASH
    FLASH FLASH FLASH
    FLASH FLASH FLASH
    Visual spam everywhere
    Endless 'virual' garbage enemies flying everywhere, pointless non-fun mechanics, fly to circles to gather stuff, deposit stuff, 'guard' stuff, I mean wow just I'm done with this event.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    The only thing close to redeeming the TFO is that channelling at the circles doesn't get interupted by the tiniest tickle of damage, unlike that stupid console with the nimbus scorpions during the mission. Oh look I'm an engineer that has to begin my task again because I took a SINGLE point of damage off a dot while looking bored at this panel. If this was trek, the engineers wouldn't just walk it off they'd make an entirely new form of footwear and stride pattern not start pouting like a bratty teen with split ends.
  • Options
    nukem001nukem001 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Just tried the TFO and BUG city. It would not complete. No transports and 1 did not leave. Waited 10 minutes and nothing.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    I liked it. @vetteguy904 flew his Odyssey, and it's definitely suited for a BFAW cruiser. I flew a megawell intrepid, and the crowd control at the end really worked well to keep the synths off the transports.
    Like I said in the other thread, you wanna bring your competitive engines. if you get enough speed, you can break the lockon . you gotta do it between when the beam gets bright and the countdown. if you see the countdown you will get hit. I got hit for 70K and had like 2% hull left.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    I just found it annoying and couldn't wait to get out of it. I swear i feel like these events are just getting worse and worse. I did not find it fun at all. And talk about lag. The game feels like it's just bloated with anything with the star trek name on it. And the space set seems like it wouldn't be good for my character anyways. It would be just another space set talking up bank space.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    The Command Battlecruiser in this TFO is very OP when stuck and apparently there's not always a workaround. Please fix?

nle1TWR.jpg
  • Options
    neutronium09#8310 neutronium09 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Being new, my only issues with it are 1) large slow ships like to bump heads when the perimeter is at its smallest, and 2) when every one starts dropping gravity wells and every other particle effect aoe when we are closed in, it gets really hard to tell what is happening around you leading to a lot of button spam rather than planned action. Finally 3) outside of shooting a hundred gnats, I am not sure if what we do playing really matters. It's okay, I guess. But I am not calling it great.
  • Options
    discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    This is easily the least fun I've had in this game. Just an awful TFO, made worse by the 20 minutes I spent doing it not counting because it bugged out
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Run down of this one.

Move to beam up point, Park and Pew while beaming up.

Move to transport. Park and Pew while beaming to transport.

Rinse and Repeat.

Pew to defend transport at the end.

The reason I'm saying Park and Pew, is because the beam up and down areas are super small. I fly a Maquis Raider and I can fly out of range with it's turn rate. From what I noticed you have to be in 3-5km of either for it to work.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    It's TFO's like this that make me glad I upgraded my first ship.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @protoneous said:
    > It's TFO's like this that make me glad I upgraded my first ship.

I had the same thought when I saw the new PvE yesterday. But hey... it’s more „team play“ focused than DPS. 😆
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    first time I played we where stuck as a transport seemed embedded in the station and couldn't be killed or move to the corridor.
  • Options
    tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    first time I played we where stuck as a transport seemed embedded in the station and couldn't be killed or move to the corridor.

Same thing just happened to me. There is no way to end the event when a ship gets stuck in the station. You just have to take the leaver penalty and waste all the time you just spent in the TFO.

(Also, the forums are still broken. Has anyone ever said what is going on or when it will be fixed?)
This discussion has been closed.