test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Free Daily Phoenix Box

wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
Wasn't there going to be a Phoenix event with a free daily box?

Both Ferengi on DS9 and Drozana offer the mission to accept, but don't actually register it or give the free box.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    Seems to be bugged, yes.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    "Thank you for your patronage." *Not give item*
    Typical Ferengi...

Yea... its bugged. Tried it on both DS9 and Drozana as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • bnuts#2055 bnuts Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I tried it on one of my Starfleet characters and one of my KDF characters. Neither could even accept the mission, nevermind redeeming it. Shame for an old mission like this to be bugged when the ability to claim it depends on doing so in a timely fashion. I hope Cryptic at least extends the time on it to compensate.

I have submitted a ticket in-game.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yeah, it's the same as the new salvage feature.. doesn't work at all.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    Freaking seriously?

Who green-lit this update?
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Freaking seriously?

Who green-lit this update?

that is a very good question.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Wonder if they added more timegating into getting the box, does seem to be the current design philosophy after all.

F2P and LTS both had no luck getting the daily box from either onna or grym.
  • razartrek1razartrek1 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    Doesnt work for me also its bugged:(
    "My life spans millennia. Legions have risen to test me… My ascendance is inevitable. A day, a year, a millennium—it matters not. I hold the patience of stone and the will of stars. Your striving is insignificant. Let your death be the same."
  • shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    Same here :(
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I've noticed this.

I've also noticed that the Event Campaign buyout isn't working. Waiting on a force verify currently to see if that fixes either of these two.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Arena Net, the company who makes Guild wars 2, responded by showing that they did test it on their internal server, multiple times, individually, and as a group and everything was working fine when they did so.

Good on them for actually caring enough to to do that :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    They also broke the Advanced Phasers from the Discovery Constitution, and skils, so there's a lot of weird scr*w ups here.

Also companies don't always test multiple features in many ways, like in Swtor something was broken because of too many players using it, because the devs only tested it with a small handful of players
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    I've noticed this.

I've also noticed that the Event Campaign buyout isn't working. Waiting on a force verify currently to see if that fixes either of these two.

Force verify fixes neither of these problem.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, I guess the Developer who programmed the free Phoenix Pack giveaway left Cryptic and no one that's left knows how to do it. He went and joined the guy who programmed the Featured Episode Rerun Event's free daily Lobo (sic) who left Cryptic and no one else could figure out how to do it. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Just so tired of Cryptic saying one thing & it not being true: either by an intentional lie or a mistake, Cryptic Studios reminds me of a certain current administration at times.
  • jennycolvinjennycolvin Member Posts: 1,100 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    What Arena.net showed off wasn't just one run was it now. The TFO doesn't bug EVERY run...just some of them. Enough of them to be a real problem in fact. Enough of them that ANY ACTUAL internal testing should have caught this. And this isn't even going into all the OTHER problems this patch. Like the skills tree. Boff skills. Phoenix boxes. Hell MISSING CHARACTERS. Arena.net devs in that fiasco were very open and showed the community what they did...Cryptic in this one? No...not a bit of that. Just you white knights to the rescue. Cryptic isn't Arena.net...not even close to how those devs treat their player base. Hell at this point Cryptic isn't anywhere close to Pearl Abyss who is NOTORIOUS for being a shady dev and even NCsoft is being more open with their players. When you are being outdone by NCsoft...yeah, you are literally pulling wood chips from the barrel.

Let it go, mate. You know it's not worth it, he's just gonna spew out so much drivel - and change quotes and everything else as per his usual MO - that the original point will be lost in no time.

Let's go back to the OP, pls?
    kv1Ohsx.png
    Not agreeing with someone doesn't give you the right to be an TRIBBLE.

Ci sono tre tipi di giocatori:
    - quelli a cui non va mai bene niente... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che sono talmente imbesuiti da credere a qualunque cosa i dev dicano, perfino che la luna è fatta di formaggio... e vanno sul forum a trollare;
    - quelli che credono a quello a cui è giusto credere, sono d'accordo con quello con cui è giusto essere d'accordo e sono critici con quello che non va;

Ai giocatori dei primi due tipi, gratis in omaggio un bello specchio lucente su cui arrampicarsi. E una mazzata in testa per la loro poca intelligenza e compassione verso gli altri giocatori che non la pensano come loro.
    Agli appartenenti al terzo tipo, invece, dico grazie. Anche se non sempre si riesce a mantenere la calma, siete quelli per cui vale la pena incazzarsi.
  • chanfron66chanfron66 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    if the skill invalid bug is not a bug and is intentional due to rewriting code when why the hell is it not mentioned anywhere in patch notes, that is a very very stupid thing to do without even mentioning it to the player base, this should be clear in patch notes and on launcher and a big freaking popup in game.
    • Soft Tribble Warm Tribble, Little ball of fur, Happy Tribble, Sleepy Tribble, Purr Purr Purr
    • Hard Gorny, Cold Gorny, Big Ball of Scales, Angry Gorny, Fighty Gorny, Hiss, Hiss Hisssss
    • History will never forget the name "InvalidEntityName"
    Wasn't one of the ferengi borked last time phoenix event ran, its been a while since muggs market has taken over from the boxes for getting old event items into players hands. I'd not be at all surprised if they've poked the drop rates to make those top tier tokens even rarer.

As for the event buyout, why should cryptic be rewarded for such awful design?
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Their devs working from home has not actually "worked" very well in regards to quality control and that fact should have prompted them towards ensuring that snafus of this magnitude weren't going to just keep happening at the pace bugs are occurring these days.

Clearly it's not a priority for them to date!
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Seems it's Epic start of the game for EpicStore XD Epic everywhere
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    So has Cryptic said anything about the broken Phoenix claim?

Perhaps on some 3rd party social media site?

I mean it is 1 a day so not the end of the word.

It's not like buying a bundle & 5 keys are missing.

One would think if they say they're going to do something they'd do it or want to do it out of pride in the least.
    Fix might be on the way for something as the server just went down, without warning but going by this update that could mean anything.
This discussion has been closed.