test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

And yet again another patch now I now I can't get past Cryptic load screen

Well I guess after getting to play the last few weeks after crashing for about 2 months on the cryptic screen it has started again after today's patch. I wonder what the heck these guys are doing. I went through all the steps and still guess what it is still crashing. Maybe next weeks patch will fix it .

Comments

• antheron#3478 antheron Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I was really looking forward to it also, I just paid off a credit card and I was going to load up on Zen to buy keys and open lock boxes. Oh well so much for that.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    Try launching in safe mode. It will however default all your graphics settings.

Usually the trick is to launch in safe mode. Exit. then launch again in full screen and then put all your graphics setting back to how you have them.
    edited September 2020
    Did that. Still crashes at Cryptic screen.
    Dang still crashing in safe mode too. A complete uninstall/reinstall, But first do a force verify.
    Yeah finally broke down and did a total unistall reinstall, just in time for the next patch. Beginning to wonder if it is worth it anymore.
    Yeah finally broke down and did a total unistall reinstall, just in time for the next patch. Beginning to wonder if it is worth it anymore.

Glad to know you are sorted. Maybe too many files in your original download were too corrupted for force verify to fully restore things. But it is worth it. Yeah sure a lot in the game is up a creek without a paddle at the moment, and I'm not just saying this, But the dev teams are doing all they can during this extraordinary time.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Turn your bloom quality down to less than 25 percent, I had a massive problem with that once and that ended up being the cluprit.