test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO in the Epic Games Store!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Starting right now, you can launch Star Trek Online from the Epic Games Store!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11479353

Comments

• tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    how does it work? do you get an email with a code or is it tied to the epic launcher?
  • sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I've got the same question. I bought the pack, launched through Epic, and can't find it anywhere. How is the pack claimed?
  • sosarielsosariel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    After buying the pack, you can claim the Epic Starter Pack Bundle in Zen Stores "Starter Packs" Tab.
  • sftricksftrick Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    sosariel wrote: »
    After buying the pack, you can claim the Epic Starter Pack Bundle in Zen Stores "Starter Packs" Tab.

Thanks. I looked there after logging in and don't see it. It's also not under "Promotions." I've also noticed the game immediately crashes when launched from the Epic Launcher (even after two clean installs), so I wonder if what's causing that crash is the same thing that's supposed to be unlocking it for me.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    Always good to have more choice in how to play, but we need this...
    b041a8ca43f7cbd5fb16238bc29fc2ef1601947713.jpg
    ...as a high-res wallpaper!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • woodja#5550 woodja Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    sftrick wrote: »

Thanks. I looked there after logging in and don't see it. It's also not under "Promotions." I've also noticed the game immediately crashes when launched from the Epic Launcher (even after two clean installs), so I wonder if what's causing that crash is the same thing that's supposed to be unlocking it for me.

I have the exact same issue - keep getting error 22aef1. Have logged a ticket for it.
  • fenrixwulffenrixwulf Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Getting a crash when launching from the Epic store too. Even tried Force Verify. Error code is 22b06d on mine.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Yeah a lot of people learn the hard way these partnership programs eventually are just scams.
    Found this nugget in the logs folder of my STO install:

"201006 22:51:50 1 CrypticLauncher[1]: Created. CrypticRPCManager_FindOrCreate called from e:\branches\crypticlauncher2020\libs\utilitieslib\utils\crypticrpc.c(2462)
    201006 22:51:52 2 CrypticLauncher[1]: Changed to state DISCONNECTED because Link doesn't exist or disconnected"

new entry gets created each time I try to launch from Epic store. Oddly enough, there is not branches folder on my e drive.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    I have a question for those who bought it.

If I buy it, I would like to claim it for a specific character (due to the inventory slots). But I would like to give the phoenix token to another character. Is that token character bound, account bound or completely unbound?
  • sosarielsosariel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The Epic Prize Phoenix Token is account bound.
  • lindseystirlinglindseystirling Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I've just openened a ticket to solve the login issue in order to take the pack myself :(
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    ok you have to install STO from the Epic Store... its not a full install. if you already have STO on your pc it uses those files. Once you log in you need to link your STO account to Epic. Then your set. The Epic Starter is 1 time purchase only per account. The Elite Services pack that gives the Inventory/Bank/BO Slots are bound to Character... so make sure your on the right character to claim the Epic Starter Pack.
  • midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    ok you have to install STO from the Epic Store... its not a full install. if you already have STO on your pc it uses those files. Once you log in you need to link your STO account to Epic. Then your set. The Epic Starter is 1 time purchase only per account. The Elite Services pack that gives the Inventory/Bank/BO Slots are bound to Character... so make sure your on the right character to claim the Epic Starter Pack.

Just to reiterate what tigeraries said:
    - Download EPIC launcher (preferably use your same gmail account you use for Arc)
    - Download STO (again, this downloads nothing at this point except a launcher)
    - Buy package, and then load launcher and link account to your current Arc account
    - Wait 5 minutes, log in (if need be, you might have to close launcher, relaunch it etc)
    - Get package (as Epic Starter Pack, under the Starter Packs)
    - The Epic Phoenix Token and the T6 coupon are account bound (the others are character bound)

• tharsonius42tharsonius42 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    You really should have packed the EC limit remove and Account Bank slots into the package. Those two things are literally the reason several people I introduced to the game quit -> "if I have to pay for stuff that is so basic that game is not for me". And I really agree with them.....
    Found the fix to both issues (on reddit at r/sto) - make sure you have closed down the ARC client (including from your task tray)

STO should then launch and your bundle magically appear in the Starter Pack part of the Zen store
  • foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Yeah make sure you start STO via the epic store, then go into starter packs and claim the Epic pack, and if you have any epic coupons sitting you will get this pack for £9.99, not bad to get access to the 1 epic token and a free t6 c-store ship, i mean it cost 3000 zen for one c-store ship which works out a £20, so will worth it if you have a epic coupon sitting spare....So £10 got me the BJ fighter with the epic token and one 3000 zen c-store ship(still deciding which one i want)...plus that elite bank, ship, charactor unlock.
  • treknadi#8339 treknadi Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I hope this pack will be the only "Epic Games store only content".
  • treknadi#8339 treknadi Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Spampost

Go on enlighten me, I'm rather new to Sto so how much "hidden Special content" has the game besides the "Khan Clothes"?
  • willriker#6685 willriker Member Posts: 5 Arc User

So I downloaded the Epic launcher but when I go to STO it just opens the Perfect World launcher again, and the game won't start. Keeps crushing everytime.
    I already submitted a ticket , I'm just checking if you guys have any helpful tips what to do...?
    Thanks

So I downloaded the Epic launcher but when I go to STO it just opens the Perfect World launcher again, and the game won't start. Keeps crushing everytime.
    I already submitted a ticket , I'm just checking if you guys have any helpful tips what to do...?
    Thanks

Have you made sure the Arc Launcher is not running (check the Hidden Items area on your taskbar and if Arc is there right-click it and select Exit).

This has worked for several of us with the issue (stopped the crash and the Epic bundle is available in the Starter Pack area of the Z store)
  • cacoethes#3890 cacoethes Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Bought this on the 6th and after their launcher repeatedly crashed, Epic Games Player Support e-mailed me a list of VERY generic troubleshooting tips.
    During subsequent contacts they refused to answer specific questions about WHERE the bundle was located or how to get the launcher to work and responded with:
    "As you have followed our troubleshooting steps, the purchase is completed without further issues and you're able to run the game but it's not seeing the in-game extra content you bought, I'll kindly ask you to contact Arc Games' support for Star Trek. As the issue seems to be within the game itself, they'll be able to provide support with better tools! You can contact them at: https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us"
    Apparently Epic Games staff knows VERY little about STO itself.

I have tried all the advice above and can now launch the game from the Epic Games launcher, but there is still no bundle in the Starter Packs or Promotions Tab.

I have opened a Bug Report AND a Service Request with Arc/Cryptic specifically for Promotions, but have not received any response yet.

It seems...odd to me that Arc/Cryptic/EPIC would advertise this offer in multiple locations without confirming it's ACTUAL accessibility/availability.
    It just erodes my confidence in any future offers. I was kind of shocked to see so many other people here have/had the same problem.

If ANYONE can confirm a path to success, can you please list detailed instructions?
    A source of pleasant diversion like this game should NOT be such a source of hypertension...
  • willriker#6685 willriker Member Posts: 5 Arc User

Thanks

Have you made sure the Arc Launcher is not running (check the Hidden Items area on your taskbar and if Arc is there right-click it and select Exit).

This has worked for several of us with the issue (stopped the crash and the Epic bundle is available in the Starter Pack area of the Z store)

Thanks for the answer but I already tried this a few times; the Arc launcher is not running in the background and yet I still can't start the game. Keeps crushing after 2seconds :neutral:
    And I'm loosing all the extra dilithium I could have claimed daily lol....

Any other ideas plz?
  • athynzathynz Member Posts: 23 Arc User

Thanks

I've done all of the above and I'm still having the same issues. Come on Cryptic/PerfectWorld, this should have been tested and bug free.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Found this nugget in the logs folder of my STO install:

"201006 22:51:50 1 CrypticLauncher[1]: Created. CrypticRPCManager_FindOrCreate called from e:\branches\crypticlauncher2020\libs\utilitieslib\utils\crypticrpc.c(2462)
    201006 22:51:52 2 CrypticLauncher[1]: Changed to state DISCONNECTED because Link doesn't exist or disconnected"

new entry gets created each time I try to launch from Epic store. Oddly enough, there is not branches folder on my e drive.

Those paths are actually the source location on the build machine. IOW, it's a location on one of Cryptic's machines. Not useful for us, but useful for devs that need to troubleshoot the issue.

You can tell because of the filename: crypticrpc.c(2462)
    That's a C source code file, and the line number where the function CrypticRPCManager_FindOrCreate is called, is 2462 in that file.

Question, is the combat tardigrade account-wide unlock?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • wehenawehena Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    For those that never got the Link option, the issue seams to be I was missing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC. Installing that (both X86 and X64 versions, to be safe) brought up the link option on the next Epic Games STO launch.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,932 Arc User
    - Download EPIC launcher (preferably use your same gmail account you use for Arc)
    - Buy package, and then load launcher and link account to your current Arc account
    - Wait 5 minutes, log in (if need be, you might have to close launcher, relaunch it etc)
    - The Epic Phoenix Token and the T6 coupon are account bound (the others are character bound)
    Goodness, no!
    Step 3 is in completely the WRONG ORDER!!!
    You must link your account first or whatever you buy from Epic won't be in your STO account!

So:
    - Download STO from Epic;
    - Load the launcher and link your Arc account;
    - Optionally launch the game to verify the accounts were successfully linked;
    - Finally, purchase the Epic pack & it should show up after about 5-10 minutes.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Everything that you poor guys are going through is the reason I no longer purchase anything Cryptic offers from third party sites. This looked like an interesting package but having gone through this before I just don't want more of this aggravation.

Most of us want to buy the product, receive the product, and then enjoy the product.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Goodness, no!
    Step 3 is in completely the WRONG ORDER!!!
    You must link your account first or whatever you buy from Epic won't be in your STO account!

So:
    - Download STO from Epic;
    - Load the launcher and link your Arc account;
    - Optionally launch the game to verify the accounts were successfully linked;
    - Finally, purchase the Epic pack & it should show up after about 5-10 minutes.

I bought the pack before linking the account and it worked out fine. When you open STO through Epic, it gives you a choice to create a new account or log in to your Arc account to link them. So long as you choose to link, the pack purchase will apply to your Arc account, regardless of what order you did the steps.

One question about this, the Epic title has only applied to the character that claimed the pack. With other promotions that had titles, we got a reclaim option in Promotions tab to claim it on our other characters, but there is none with this one that I can find. Will we be able to claim the Epic title on our other characters at some point?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
This discussion has been closed.