test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

chars missing from account!! - RESTORING DATABASE - FIXED!!

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
3 Chars are missing from my account, the oldest ones from 2012, anyone else is affected by this??

Update:

Submit your tickets, so they can fix it, or maybe they will apply a general fix, i don't know.. let's hope, :smiley:

I got comunication with support, they say they will try to put a fix soon, perhaps thursday, but they are aware and working on it, just a little patience.

Update 2

Downtime didn't fix it, but perhaps is the groundwork for the patch tomorrow, still optimistic for a happy ending.

Update 3

Got this: (i hope is not against the rules to post it)

"Good news, the team has been working diligently and may have it resolved sooner than tomorrow.

There were a total of 1772 deleted characters that we’ve found.
827 characters in one group have already been restored, and should appear exactly as last touched by you the customer.

The remaining 945 should be processed in the next 2 hours(From my reply). These characters are going to be restored from a database snapshot from 5:37am on 10/6.

This means that if any of these customers were playing these characters until the shard was shut down at 6:01am, they could have up to 24 minutes of unsaved progress during that time."

So, we wait, i hope every one that lost chars, recover them with no problem! :smiley:

Update 4

After the database restoration, chars are back, i hope everyone affected have theyr chars back as well, let me know!, thanks all for your time.
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    I'm a lifer.. why there is a queue???, i get it that people wants to try the token, but... it is too much?

Same here. "your position is 953 out of 1009"
  • Options
    doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    You get a Queue even when you change your char what a joke...
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • Options
    p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I got into the game and then immediately booted due to server not responding.
  • Options
    Oh.. i just discovered one of my chars is gone!.. Grish, level 65!!!, i didin't erase it!, WTH????, how i can contact support???
  • Options
    neutronium09#8310 neutronium09 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Apparently there is a lot of demand for the new content. I just had a queue myself for the first time. Surprising but maybe a good sign for the future of the game even if annoying right now. I am being patient. I am sure they know and are doing what they can. I was like player 1369 waiting and decided to exit and try later.
  • Options
    Oh.. i just discovered one of my chars is gone!.. Grish, level 65!!!, i didin't erase it!, WTH????, how i can contact support???

I hope that's just the result of the server being unable to load it due to connection issues rather than a new deletion bug. give it a bit and look again. That would be an mmo nightmare. You can file a support ticket through the website here rather than in the game and might get better results...

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'm getting stuck with redirecting to the game server atm I can get to the character select screen but not past it.

EDIT:I don't normally say this but as it stands the game is totally unplayable for me I can't do anything significant before getting booted.
  • Options
    kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    Of all the updates to max out the server, it's this one? I'm surprised. :o
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    As a lifer you can still see a queue but you should be right at the front most likely spot 20 or less. If you are in spot 100 or even 1000+ you need to put an official complaint in. Perhaps even try for compensation.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    I'm getting stuck with redirecting to the game server atm I can get to the character select screen but not past it.

EDIT:I don't normally say this but as it stands the game is totally unplayable for me I can't do anything significant before getting booted.

honestly at this rate they could save us the time by changing the text of "redirecting please wait" to "go F'ck yourself".

I'd love to play the new content but I can't get past the login screen currently.

EDIT:I finally got past the login screen and could pick up the episode, I'm now stuck in the BQ loading screen.

EDIT2:what's most annoying to me when the server pretends to be working but doesn't allow you to actually do anything, if disconnect and get it over with.

EDIT3:I might of been able to complete the mission but the way the server is acting I dunno and I'll have to redo it when I'm not DCing every other second to get the full picture anyway.
    Post edited by spiritborn on
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    LTS with a queue? 1228 out of 1309. I logged out. I'll try later. Maybe.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Even if you get in, you might get a server disconnect. Was booted four time in 10 minutes. LTS as well.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Being a Lifer helped me I guess, I was 3 of 600 when I first got the window. Got in on my main toon, but can't even get my alts to load up on the Character Select screen.
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Everything cleared up for me about 30-45min after going live. It's stable, managed to get my new weapons, do the new mission, etc without trouble.
  • Options
    edited October 2020

I hope that's just the result of the server being unable to load it due to connection issues rather than a new deletion bug. give it a bit and look again. That would be an mmo nightmare. You can file a support ticket through the website here rather than in the game and might get better results...

I just summited a ticket, this is a level 65 char, with a lot of weapons and upgrades, and well, ships, and had the entire Voth sets, all ships!! (T5, not T6), i'm worried that this is an error. No other chars are affected, and i even buyed two aditional slots so i dont have to erase one of my chars... the last time i used the char, i made a kitbash Inquiry, i i know its quite recent!
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    The queue may had been due to the epic store launch + many who took a break may had logged in for the free experimental token
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    chipg7 wrote: »
    Everything cleared up for me about 30-45min after going live. It's stable, managed to get my new weapons, do the new mission, etc without trouble.

That may be because many people rage-quit due to unstable it was.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    On close check, i lost 3 chars.. i have many, but my oldest ones are gone!, 2 feds and one Klingon!
  • Options
    On close check, i lost 3 chars.. i have many, but my oldest ones are gone!, 2 feds and one Klingon!

I am considering fleets to join. One of the options I am looking at has a chat box on their website and other veteran players like you are saying they lost a character as well on it. So, it's not affecting just you. I hope support can help. That's a scary thing to happen. Good luck. Hope it gets resolved.
  • Options

I am considering fleets to join. One of the options I am looking at has a chat box on their website and other veteran players like you are saying they lost a character as well on it. So, it's not affecting just you. I hope support can help. That's a scary thing to happen. Good luck. Hope it gets resolved.

Thanks, is sad to know that it affects others!, i hope they solve it, becasue i'm devastated by this...
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    A few things need to be said here. First up a queue happens from time to time when the servers are getting slammed from people trying to log in. The servers can only hold so many people at once before they bog down, and only so many period can be on. That's not them being stingy but the technical limits of the servers being hit. They are not infinite when it comes to resources and capacity, as great as that would be.

You are not the only lifetime member that exists and other lifetime members are trying to log in as well. If you want a real login queue, try the busier WoW servers on launch day of a new expansion. Thankfully the queues in STO are moving quickly. As for it hitting you with a queue everytime you swap toons, this is because you are logging out of that character in order to log into another one, thus meaning your first toon is no longer active and you are activating another toon of sorts. You are not entitled to compensation simply because you end up in a queue or have to wait to log in.

As to why folks want this item, it guarantees that all ships t5u and t6 will have additional build options they otherwise wouldn't have. This means they will have the space for that favorite console they couldn't fit in before, or allow folks to cheese even more of what was already there. It honestly surprises me folks thought this wouldn't be a popular feature.
    @gaevsman PM me your ticket number(s) and I will forward a report up the chain as well on my end. I can't make any specific promises aside from it will be resolved, but if characters are vanishing they will want to know about this.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    A few things need to be said here. First up a queue happens from time to time when the servers are getting slammed from people trying to log in. The servers can only hold so many people at once before they bog down, and only so many period can be on. That's not them being stingy but the technical limits of the servers being hit. They are not infinite when it comes to resources and capacity, as great as that would be.

You are not the only lifetime member that exists and other lifetime members are trying to log in as well. If you want a real login queue, try the busier WoW servers on launch day of a new expansion. Thankfully the queues in STO are moving quickly. As for it hitting you with a queue everytime you swap toons, this is because you are logging out of that character in order to log into another one, thus meaning your first toon is no longer active and you are activating another toon of sorts. You are not entitled to compensation simply because you end up in a queue or have to wait to log in.

As to why folks want this item, it guarantees that all ships t5u and t6 will have additional build options they otherwise wouldn't have. This means they will have the space for that favorite console they couldn't fit in before, or allow folks to cheese even more of what was already there. It honestly surprises me folks thought this wouldn't be a popular feature.
    @gaevsman PM me your ticket number(s) and I will forward a report up the chain as well on my end. I can't make any specific promises aside from it will be resolved, but if characters are vanishing they will want to know about this.

Thanks!, yeah, i know its just quite weird, never had a queue before, and about the chars, PM sent, i hope they can recover them, havent created any char anyway
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I assume this is related to people like me who can't get my alt toons to load. They are still there on the list, I just can't get them to load.
  • Options
    djaricaricson#1377 djaricaricson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I cant even get into game. My characters are stuck in an endless loop of loading with the play option grayed out. CSR created a ticket this morning for me.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    duasyn wrote: »
    I assume this is related to people like me who can't get my alt toons to load. They are still there on the list, I just can't get them to load.

Well, mine are not on the list, chars created after 2012 are there, but really old ones, nope, gone.. one of them Gaevs is not even in Tribble anymore!!, the others are, but they are old copies
  • Options
    I think someone messed up a query to the database, so it didnt load my chars, and appears as i have 3 slots available, when in reality, i have none available, everithing is full!, pretty sure my chars are there somewhere, at least, i hope! :neutral:
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    Yup, I'm missing a character as well, and I'm unable to switch characters atm.
This discussion has been closed.