test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Loader crashes on House Divided Screen.

Since approvimately 9 hours ago, every time I tried to load the game it goes to the cryptic screen, loads, but then on the image of the Klingon symbol and House divided title crashes utterly.

Have done force verify, checked setting and connection, even did an uninstall/reinstall. Nothing works, still crashes on that screen every time. Amy suggestions or is this a major bug?

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    Have you tried turning off On Demand Patching and then turning on Force Verify? I had this happen a few days ago, where the game froze, stayed frozen, got to the character screen, and crashed to desktop. I had some freezing last night but nothing compared to what happened then. So try that after the maintenance (at least I though there was maintenance) today. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    nathraelnathrael Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Yes, switched off on-demand and did force verify. Nothing helped.
  • Options
    mikeblackwolfmikeblackwolf Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Loader is not recognising attempts to log on via steam stating "lost connection to Account Server"
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Loader is not recognising attempts to log on via steam stating "lost connection to Account Server"

Same issue here: "lost connection to Account Server".
  • Options
    syagriansyagrian Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Unable to authenticate: Lost connection to Account Server (multiple computers and accounts).
  • Options
    Tried downloading a copy of the launcher from a file sharing site. This actually seemed to fix the problem---it worked for about a week. Then tonight?

GameClient.exe has stopped working.

This game is basically unplayable. Safe mode, uninstall/reinstall, force verify.... none of it works. Is this ever going to be fixed? As it stands will probably not be able to complete the event. Thanks Cryptic for the top-notch coding.
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,466 Arc User
    Have you turned off On Demand Patching and then turned on Force Verify? Also, do you have something like CCleaner or something like it on your computer that cleans unwanted files that you do not need? Sadly, I am not having this problem.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    I have a disk cleaner and have used it. I have also done for4ce verify with on-demand patchinf shut off. Both with and without safe mode active. Nothing works. Other then an actual hardware short or such in the machine, I cannot figure what is causing it.