test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So What do you plan to use your free X upgrade on?

Comments

• Options
    darknovasc01darknovasc01 Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    Kar'Fi, I thnk - still fly it on a number of KDF characters
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Free one is for the Jugger.

I will hold back on the other eleven active ships of mine until my enthusiasm for this title returns. No need to sacrifice resources when doing poo poo easy events only anyway.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Only one...

That's a hard choice given the number of characters I have and the variety of ships they use.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Maybe the T6 Connie, as a couple toons have one. Otherwise maybe the Gagarin, which I'm also pretty found of.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Fleet Hestia for me. Even though I fly different ships on each character, and even though I vary the ships I use on my main quite extensively these days, this is definitely my favourite one. So it gets it. I'll then probably cycle through the main ships of my first few characters, so:

Starfleet T6 Tactical Multi Mission Science Vessel
    Romulan Tactical Command Miracle Worker
    Klingon Fleet Heavy Destroyer
  • Options
    fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I have 4 fleet ships I use on my main for different builds. Chargh for cannon, Vorcha for beamboat, the KDF Carrier for pets and the B'rel either as a torp boat or a mad little turret build as the mood suits me.

Free token will go to the B'rel as it was my first fleet ship, Kor was my first T6 and the BoP has always been my fave star trek ship. I'll get the other 3 upgraded via zen at some point.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    Kar'Fi, I thnk - still fly it on a number of KDF characters
    Myself as well. One of the funkiest ships in the game that also probably failed emissions testing.

I have some other ships to upgrade as well but certainly don't feel in any rush. It's not like you need much to play events.

Having this option is rather interesting though and I'm looking forward to experimenting with different ships.
  • Options
    theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Legendary disco Connie, and legendary Ody.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Vengeance class (Intel Dreadnought Cruiser)

Khitomer Alliance Battlecruiser

Fleet arbiter

Fleet mogh t6

- Unless I'm gonna get 6 or more. I planned for 4 at least.
  • Options
    Hmm, Khitomer. Not played that for so long, it's my AP boat. Now I have end game disruptor builds she's gathering dust. Could be afun candidate for a token actualy
  • Options
    poddlipoddli Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    My Connie TLC needs some TLC. Next on the list will probably be the Arbiter or Legendary Donnie.
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'll start out with 5 thanks to the luck of having an epic phoenix token sitting around.

So I'll keep one in the bank for the possible legendary Vor'cha or B'rel. I think the Vor'cha has the best shot at being a MW ship too.

I need to review my builds to see which ships really, really need another trait slot, but my Maquis Raider is one of those I'm sure. And depending on what I find here, another upgrade may go to another ship that needs it.

If I don't find another build desperately in need of a trait slot I'm likely to upgrade the Verne for science as it is a great sci ship and if it applies to the Rom/KDF counterparts, that will be a great account wide choice since I got them all with the Mudd package. I'll be able to test the account wide thing on Tribble first though.

Fourth one is probably going to the Excelsior. I already fly it with a character that I long ago envisioned as an experimental ship captain, so it just fits.

For the final one, I'm not sure. I want to give it to a ship that is fully account wide which the Verne and its counterparts might not be. That means a long list of ships to look at, but the Khopesh and Amarie are high on that list.
  • Options
    For the final one, I'm not sure. I want to give it to a ship that is fully account wide which the Verne and its counterparts might not be. That means a long list of ships to look at, but the Khopesh and Amarie are high on that list.

Yeah, I'm looking at the Khitomer or Legendary Rom BoP for that reason

• Options
    foxfire2000foxfire2000 Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    On my Chronosclass Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser without hesitation.
  • Options
    kaosbainkaosbain Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    My first will probably be the jemmy vanguard fleet carrier, mainly because it is already a powerhouse and it is fed/kdf. I have 10 ur tokens still since I only bought one t5 ship ever and have been banking them for a long time. I already own most of the zen store t6 ships so I have a lot to upgrade on my 12 toons lol
  • Options
    lhoygowlhoygow Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    First up, logically, will be the Romulan Tebok. It will provide the most benefit to all my toons, past, present and future. Already has the bonus console slot from being a miracle worker ship, can be used by any faction and has a decent trait for FAW boats which I still mainly use as my arthritis kind of dictates my play style. After that the ships I love, more for the look than anything else; Steamrunner, Legendary Connie, Fleet K't'inga, Legendary Defiant, Faeht, D'Kyr and the Kor.
  • Options
    khaniris#5451 khaniris Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I'm going to upgrade my Excelsior Class.
  • Options
    diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    My main TOS character flies a T6 Gemini temporal cruiser. I do not think he needs it first. I may upgrade with a later token.

I have an alt character with a T5U Cheyenne heavy cruiser. I think I will use this free first token for that ship. I think a T5U will benefit most from boost.
  • Options
    touriktourik Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    On my venerable old legendary Galaxy, USS Dauntless NCC-71879. A ship to which I am unreasonably attached. :D
    Post edited by tourik on
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am tempted to use it on my Romulan Dyson Science Destroyer, but it seems more likely than not that the Dyson ships will get upgraded to T6 sometime next year.
  • Options
    smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Since I have a lot of toons, Right now I am thinking I will use it on something that is cross-class - probably the Fleet Silik Flight Deck Carrier since I have the T6 ship so the fleet version is only 1 fleet module.

But I also really enjoy the Vor'ral & Narendra ships and might buy them for the fleet version of those. I might also buy some for the multi-mission explorers my sci characters like to use.
  • Options
    wwwwoodywwwwoody Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Given that they have now released Undine and Voth t6's, I'm tempted to hold on for a Dyson t6, I can't see any reason why they would not do those at some point, as there was no reason for the voth or undine, but they happened. If I get any spare tokens, then probably on my mains Vengeance.
  • Options
    duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I don't have an burning desire to use my X upgrade atm. So I'll just save it. Maybe if I get around to buying the Legendary Pack, I'll use that on one of the Enterprises. At least that way all my alts will get use of it. I'm not gonna waste it on a one-off Lockbox ship that only 1 of my characters has access to.
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    This feature gives the most bang for the buck on a 'weak' ship. I am thinking of the BoP. You can also think of the ships that has sets of consoles, the temporal raider, dreadnaught and science ship. I am not in a hurry.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Faction agnostic ship like the jems van carrier or cardi sci dread.

No point bothering about any others until the horizontal difficulty plateau actually curves for something more than a mild hiccup.
  • Options
    lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    Star_Trek_Online_Fleet_Voquv_T6X.png

used it - I had high diffulty to decide still cause I want to upgrade a number of ships, especially carriers, but not only carriers
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Probably none. All I ever seem to have time for anymore is the never ending events. And since those are all pretty much queue based, I don't need to be in a 2 million DPS ship since virtually everyone else is already.

Now, if I were able to run actual mission content, then maybe I could narrow it down to a couple dozen ships. But I haven't had time to run missions due to the nearly constant event grind in what seems like years. I've still yet to play those missions with Lorka in them, I'm that far behind.

I enjoy the game, I've supported it when I can. But my time these days is very limited and I can either get on and do the events for the free stuff they give away as rewards, or I can maybe do a mission. And the rare couple of times I thought I had time to run missions, I had to stop before the end due to running out of time. I could skip the cutscenes, but on a first playthrough, I like to actually take in all the story.

So yeah, having no favorite ship means I'll probably just sit on the free token, and any future ones given out as rewards (which apparently is the plan) for quite some time. No way would I spend Zen on any. Once I get a dozen or so saved up, then maybe I'll start using them. But to pick 1 ship to upgrade now and forego all the others? Not likely since I'm an altaholic with every single CStore ship.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    standard D7/K'tinga got it. now it's a T6
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
This discussion has been closed.