test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Connie coming to your Infinity Lockbox

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,183 Arc User
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    This is actually neat. Not just the ship, but the Lobi-gear is exactly what quite a few players wanted. I didn't even know I want that stuff until now.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Want... phase pistol... and MACO Rifle... *drool*
    Wouldn't mind that Connie either. But I need to restock my lobi.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Another Constitution. This is getting to the point that you could replace 'Captain' with 'Connie' in this comercmial and not be off the mark. :)

And CBS didn't want an Endgame Constitution, hah!!

https://youtu.be/ucM78Lb0sSA
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    The phase pistol is HUUUGE pig-16.gif No, it's literally the size of a human adult head...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited October 2020
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The phase pistol is HUUUGE pig-16.gif No, it's literally the size of a human adult head...​​

It was kinda large in the show as well tho. The TOS-phasers were a lot sleeker.
    Well the Phase Pistol was the precursor to the Phaser. Originally only had Stun and Kill settings. DSC and TOS phasers had multiple power levels. Hell... in a way the DSC Phaser had one extra function over the TOS, bolt firing ability.
    And before anyone says anything... we DID see a DSC Rifle firing a beam to try and cut through a door, so beam settings do exist. Those particular models just happened to mostly use bolt settings in combat.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    And CBS didn't want an Endgame Constitution, hah!!
    I always love how people misrepresent this.

I don't think it's misrepresentation at all. For many years, CBS wouldn't allow it. Then, we had a complete reversal (which is great IMO, because I wanted one). But it's no misrepresentation to say they completely flipped their decision and abandoned whatever logic was behind their original position.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited October 2020
    True. Its gone from no Endgame Connie to just no Endgame C-Store Connie.

Edit: I just had an interesting thought about the Mirror Connie...
    Will her parts be compatable with existing DSC Connies? We know that the later Mirror Crossfield's parts were made compatable with the existing Crossfield. So... maybe? *shrug*
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Have Connies up the wazoo...but I'll take those lobi items...yes, even the cinder block sized pistol.
    edited October 2020
    I don't think it's misrepresentation at all. For many years, CBS wouldn't allow it. Then, we had a complete reversal (which is great IMO, because I wanted one). But it's no misrepresentation to say they completely flipped their decision and abandoned whatever logic was behind their original position.
    Its a complete misrepresentation because it completely ignores what was the actual stated reason behind the lack of a T6 Connie for ages.

CBS's main gripe with an end-game T6 Connie was that they didn't want it to be readily available, because the Connie was an iconic ship, and they wanted to keep that iconic nature, and if it was just another normal C-store ship, half of everyone would be flying one.

And, lo and behold, there is no readily available T6 Connie. All of them are in low drop chance lockboxes, or even lower chance R&D packs, which has, in turn, made them rare as per CBS's wishes.

They never went back, or flipped, on thier original statement, Cryptic just found a way to make it work within that statement.

Yeah, that's just not correct. It wasn't about CBS not wanting an iconic ship to be readily available; there are plenty of those in game and there always have been. According to the devs, CBS didn't want an end game connie because of STO's time period. They cited the example of a ship as old as the connie shouldn't be able to destroy a Borg cube.

So yes, they did completely flip that script. And like I said, that's ok because I was happy to finally get one :)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited October 2020
    No one said CBS cared about iconic ships in general, only that they cared about the Connie due to its uniquely iconic nature in Trek. Not even the Galaxy compares to the Connie in terms if Trek iconography, much less any other ship.

Especially since the legendary bundle, that old CBS-said-no-stuff is really just meaningless duck-talk now anyways.

Even when misrepresented, the fact that there are now multiple options of getting a T6-Constitution doesn't change.
    It wasn't about CBS not wanting an iconic ship to be readily available
    This is a misrepresentation of the argument, to support the other misrepresentation of the argument.

No one said CBS cared about iconic ships in general, only that they cared about the Connie due to its uniquely iconic nature in Trek. Not even the Galaxy compares to the Connie in terms if Trek iconography, much less any other ship.

Sorry, but you're still wrong.

Just to be clear though, the thing your wrong about is their original reason for not allowing an end game connie.

You aren't wrong about the connie being the most iconic ship in Trek; that's definitely true. But that in itself was not the original reason CBS said 'no end game connie'. Again, it was about STO's time period. I specifically remember the statement about them not wanting to see a connie being able to destroy a Borg cube.

So no, their original reason for not allowing an end game connie was not the ship's iconic status, it was about a certain in game story logic that was since abandoned.

Now, regarding the rarity issue: once they did finally give permission for add the connie, they ALSO wanted it to be rare. But lockboxes(the mechanism for keeping certain ships rare) have been in the game since 2012. CBS finally allowed the connie in 2016. So Cryptic didn't suddenly figure out how to keep the ship rare in 2016; they knew how to do that since 2012.

So you are in fact wrong about CBS's original reason for not allowing an end game connie that you claim people are misconstruing(they aren't, but you are).

You are not wrong that the ship is iconic, and that once they finally did give permission they also wanted it to be rare.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    The AVAILABILITY though is key. There are no C-Store Connies really. Legendaries kinda don't count because they're not always available, and they're bound to a massive bundle. The average player would have better luck grinding out a Kelvin Connie or the new Mirror Connie from the lockbox.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The AVAILABILITY though is key. There are no C-Store Connies really. Legendaries kinda don't count because they're not always available, and they're bound to a massive bundle. The average player would have better luck grinding out a Kelvin Connie or the new Mirror Connie from the lockbox.

Availability has nothing to do with CBS not wanting to see a connie be able to destroy a Borg cube. That was based on them caring about in game logic, which they no longer do.

But yes, once they finally did abandon that in game logic they wanted to release the connie in the way that would make the most money (lockboxes and promo packs). That is a simple (and understandable) business decision.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    So... now that that is established... does this debate need to continue? *scratches head*
    rattler2 wrote: »
    So... now that that is established... does this debate need to continue? *scratches head*

It depends on whether anyone is going to continue disputing the point about what CBS original reason was. That's not up to me at all.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > I always love how people misrepresent this.

CBS didn't want A Endgame Constitution, but they have no problem with a plethora of Endgame Constitutions. :)

And I know what you were trying to imply, that they didn't want them to be ubiquitous.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns

ltminns wrote: »
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > I always love how people misrepresent this.

CBS didn't want A Endgame Constitution, but they have no problem with a plethora of Endgame Constitutions. :)

And I know what you were trying to imply, that they didn't want them to be ubiquitous.

Yeah, and I should correct something I said earlier. CBS doesn't actually care if the connies are "rare", they just want them to be expensive. If rarity was actually a concern, then only a set number of them would be allowed to enter the game in any given amount of time.

For example, to control rarity only X number of legendary bundles would be allowed to be sold at a time, and once that number was gone then no more could be sold until the next approved time period. But they don't limit the number, because rarity isn't actually the concern. The concern is simply selling them in the way that will make the most money, and that way is lockboxes/promopacks and the legendary bundle. As sometalker mentioned earlier (and nobody disputes) the connie is the iconic ship of Trek, so they know the demand is extremely high and they can charge more for it than other ships.

And yes, that is understandable from a marketing perspective.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User
    Joy...I'm guessing the KDF will get screwed once again in the "Year of the Klingon" and wont have access to this console or trait?
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Joy...I'm guessing the KDF will get screwed once again in the "Year of the Klingon" and wont have access to this console or trait?

My guess is they will do like in the past and put it in the console pack and trait pack so KDF can get them and most likely cheaper than Feds.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,823 Arc User

My guess is they will do like in the past and put it in the console pack and trait pack so KDF can get them and most likely cheaper than Feds.

They haven't done that in a year and a half since the S31 Intel Science Destroyer
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

They haven't done that in a year and a half since the S31 Intel Science Destroyer

Well the last few ships added to it where cross faction so there was no point.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Well this is one of the few ships i actually want, i love mirror ships, so i want the Mirror Connie, and the Mirror Spearhead, and also that damm Mirror Guardian, that i cannot find anywhere!... and also the Valkis.. that will finish the colection of ships that i like..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    So...no endgame connie became only the alt time line connie which became only promo box not alt time line connie became and those in the c-store as a bundle connie to now we have a connie in every format other than as an individual ship sold in the c-store variant. So...yeah, the whole no endgame connie is a joke at this point. They changed their minds on this stance for money sake obviously...or it was an outright lie to begin with...but at this point it has to be one of those two.

They had no reason to "lie" about CBS not allowing the end game connie back in the day. I mean, actually think about it:

An end game connie was the #1 most requested ship since launch.

There was clearly a huge demand for it, and it would have made a ton of money.

So if Cryptic were lying about CBS not allowing it, that would mean...what? That they just didn't WANT all that money?

No, that clearly makes no sense. They definitely WANTED that money. They simply didn't have permission until 2016.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
This discussion has been closed.