What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ten Forward Weekly 09/30/20

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
  • Future TFO events may reward more sets, this is an experiment
  • Andre was pushing for new item sets
  • New TFO: Synth Wave
  • TFO involves the synth attack on Utopia Planitia
  • TFO is focused on trying to rescue as many people as possible from the surface during the unstoppable synth attack
  • TFO arena shrinks over time
  • No plans to make Utopia Planitia on fire in 2409/2410/2411
  • No decision yet on changing STO to match Picard more closely.
  • Some internal talk about blaming the changes on us mucking with time during the Iconian War
  • There will be an advanced and elite version of "To Hell with Honor". No ETA.
  • Commander Burgess narrates the TFO
  • Fly into circles to pick up people from the surface. Deliver them to transport ships. Transport ships need to be defended, and can hold differing amount of people depending on class of transport.
  • They got the official Federation Mars transport model from Picard, used in the TFO
  • TFO is about 16 minutes long
  • Jessie Heining made a design for a STO Battle Royale mode as an experiment. Not sure if they will actually do it ever.
  • Started doing the official content reveals on the day it launches because media was picking up the articles about things like guest VAs, and people were disappointed the content wasn't playable right then
  • Launch date for the new content is sooner then we think
  • No forced ship skins like in Battle of the Binary Stars due to Picard being so close to STO's timeframe
  • Kael thinks they now have permission to do long hairstyles(like M'ress) for Caitians and Ferasans
  • 182 possible marks from the TFO
  • No unique looks for the new set items
  • Lead character artist wants to remake the humanoid body model to be higher quality. No ETA on when that might happen
  • No info on if/when the synth ships will be playable
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Again, much appreciate your synopsis on the 10FW, somtaawkhar
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Thanks for posting! So this is you on reddit?

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/j2zsd2/ten_forward_weekly_093020/

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    No decision yet on changing STO to match Picard more closely.

Thank goodness for that. I don't want that gloomy look and feel.....not to mention all those disco shuttles and stuff. >_>''
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    If they redo the humanoid body model, I hope they look into fixing clothing/hair clipping issues and unlocking more assets that are currently not available to players.
    Yes please. Among the things I'd like to see in this vein would be neck gaiters (the Iccobar ambassador in 'Midnight' has one) and more color variants for the MACO battledress (why shouldn't players be able to replicate the 'Mantel'/Facility 4028 color scheme?).

It will indeed be interesting to see how the new TFO works out with actual players... and on an amusing note, I was reminded of Space: Above and Beyond... subsequent research reminded me, however, that 'synth' as a slang term for android seems to have originated from Alien and its sequels (the actual term in S:AAB is 'silicate').
    Started doing the official content reveals on the day it launches because media was picking up the articles about things like guest VAs, and people were disappointed the content wasn't playable right then
    In other words, 'media' wasn't making clear that they were talking about future events - and thus failing to do their job properly. If, as I understand things, the sources are clear in this regard, the blame for the referenced disappointment falls squarely on said 'media'. Now I am curious as to whether or not relevant persons from the STO team have properly reprimanded the generators of such careless articles.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I hope they're not going to make it a habit of putting sets in TFO events.

Or at least clarify in advance whether it will be put in the Phoenix store.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
This discussion has been closed.