test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

๐Ÿ–– LOWER DECKS Season-1 Discussion ๐Ÿ––

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    This episode shows why bridge view windows are bad.....and stupid. ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    THE COVERT OPS PYJAMAS ARE BACK! pig-2.gifโ€‹โ€‹
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I want The Dog as a Combat Pet, lol.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.

What does the cube transformation do for fighting?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited October 2020

A cube coming at you could be painful, especially the corners.
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

turtle mode?

Seems like a defensive ability?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    The Osler has to be the best medical ship ever and it should be in STO ASAP as a C-Store ship. Also, we need The Dog.

Agreed. I feel like that ship could also be rife with rooms containing different spatial or temporal anomalies as a result of so many messed up passengers.
    That would make it SCPS Osler, a Gears-class SCP Foundation containment ship for Safe- or Euclid-class anomalies. (Clearly, security procedures are far too lax to contain Keter-class anomalies - those are contained and transported by the massive Scarlet King-class dreadnoughts.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    I've seen people make a big deal about how "The Cleaner" didn't know her job.

But.. A: while she's "The Cleaner" NO ONE calls her by name. She has become "The Cleaner".
    B: If someone else was supposed to be "The Cleaner" then who? We never see anyone else.

Also, pretty sure no one knew the exact details of the plan of attack until the mission brief. Unfortunately "The Cleaner" kinda spaced out instead of listening. This caused the mission to go wrong in a hilarious way. But it's fine.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,275 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    the gorn are still the 23rd century type, compound eyes and all - makes me wonder if slar was an actual gorn or a subspecies

well, at least they didn't use those horrid tusked orc things from the kelvin timeline

also...jesus christ, the romulans are REALLY bloody paranoidโ€‹โ€‹
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    Can't believe I've never been invited to a Gorn wedding.
    LOVED this ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8xELIvnjDU
    Made this TOS fangirl squeee. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    the gorn are still the 23rd century type, compound eyes and all - makes me wonder if slar was an actual gorn or a subspecies

well, at least they didn't use those horrid tusked orc things from the kelvin timeline

also...jesus christ, the romulans are REALLY bloody paranoid

Which is the only canonical appearance Gorn ever had and which is consistent. Slar is the odd one and can probably be discarded, just assuming early 2000s CGI distorted how Gorn are supposed to look quite a bit.

I find it fascinating that Lower Decks manages to actually respect and work with the artistic decisions that were made before instead of changing evrything to fit it's own narrative. We even had a security officer in TMP armour, which obviously is still worn in the 24th century - or it was the museum-appropriate costume of a guard pig-2.gifโ€‹โ€‹
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    Lower Decks is the first new trek that finally shows TOS in the proper aesthetic, no redesigns or 25% change nonsense.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

If anyone watches Lower Decks do you think that next week's finale preview was Chase Masterson's voice as the Exocomp?
    not sure about that, but it seems they confirmed Orion isn't a Federation member.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    not sure about that, but it seems they confirmed Orion isn't a Federation member.

Neither was Pike's bridge officer, the cutie with the face implant thing.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    so when do we get green space birbs as boff candidates/a playable race?โ€‹โ€‹
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    > @shadowfang240 said:
    > so when do we get green space birbs as boff candidates/a playable race?โ€‹โ€‹
    Only if they come with a pleasing selection of BUTT FEATHERS.
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • stocostumes#8412 stocostumes Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Our attempt at "Vindicta" from this week's episode:

https://imgur.com/a/uBhJwDM

This is in addition to our full Lower Decks Crew :)

https://imgur.com/a/v9me4Hl
    RIP Shempo :'(

And to remember when a pirate captain asks for tea....give her tea. :D
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Finished season one. Brilliant. I loved it! Awesome finale.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
    RIP.... sooo.. many..... RIP..... ;-;
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    edited October 2020
    hopefully they actually reveal the class name in the show so it gets canonized, whatever it ends up being

they'll probably go with luna if they do, though - i see no reason why they wouldn'tโ€‹โ€‹

#LegalizeAwoo

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited October 2020
    hopefully they actually reveal the class name in the show so it gets canonized, whatever it ends up being

they'll probably go with luna if they do, though - i see no reason why they wouldn'tโ€‹โ€‹

Considering everyone knows it as the Luna, its been the Luna ever since it appeared in the novels, and pretty much every reference to that design says Luna...

Its a Luna class.
    Raises a few questions about uniforms though. Why does the Cerritos and some other ships have a different uniform than the Titan? Is it a transition period for uniforms like we saw in TNG/DS9? Or is it that ships that don't go as far out like Titan just have a different uniform?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)