test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 9/29/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/29 at 7AM Pacific for 2 hours on Console and 2.5 hours on PC. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=

Post edited by ambassadorkael#6946 on

Comments

• ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Ok... this came out of nowhere, but I wouldn't mind seeing a decrease in the rubberbanding. Guessing normal patch day will still have something for us though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I'm not sure about the binding filters.

I guess it won't hurt anyone if they're added, but I don't really see the point.

People look for an item and they'll buy it if they want to use it, right? If they plan to sell it later, they won't equip it as almost all gear binds after equipping.

The difference between binding to character and to account is something you can check for anyway while viewing the results... But again, why would anyone search for an item based on whether it binds or not? I'm just confused now.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    What is a binding filter?
    Post edited by p331 on
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Finally, some response to the lag issues! Bring on the patch, I sincerely hope it works.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    Finally, some response to the lag issues! Bring on the patch, I sincerely hope it works.

Fingers crossed ehhhh. Something has to go right in the world today.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Everything crossed that this works. God knows the game needs it
    Post edited by ussvaliant2#1952 on
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    If this works best patch in 3 years. Getting fed up of opening up a UI page only to have the FPS go from 100fps+ down to 2fps. along with the rest of the lag problems.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the binding filters.

I guess it won't hurt anyone if they're added, but I don't really see the point.

People look for an item and they'll buy it if they want to use it, right? If they plan to sell it later, they won't equip it as almost all gear binds after equipping.

The difference between binding to character and to account is something you can check for anyway while viewing the results... But again, why would anyone search for an item based on whether it binds or not? I'm just confused now.

Maybe it's whether or not it already IS bound, which could be really helpful for things like pulling stuff out of bank/inventory to mail to other toons or put for sale on Exchange?

Maybe. That would probably be more useful. Slightly.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    WOW! Just... WOW! I had hoped for a little more in this weeks patch notes. Maybe a forcefield around the two potentially COVID-19 infected NPC's coughing on everyone outside of the Shipyard on DS9 at a minimum! :P We don't want this to get bad enough to have to quarantine the whole quadrant! :D
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Best patch ever if the attempted fixes work. If.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • tichepotato#4965 tichepotato Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I have to agree with fred26291. I wouldn't put it quite as emphatically, but I really don't like the width of the inventory and would much rather be allowed to reduce it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    10? Where is that from? I normally keep mine at 14 or 17. 7? I don't need a long elevator shaft.

Bank is 25 or so.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    10? Where is that from? I normally keep mine at 14 or 17. 7? I don't need a long elevator shaft.

Bank is 25 or so.

I am not a fan of the minimum width for inventory and such being 10. I usually keep mine at 7 as well, which makes the window less intrusive when open. With it at 10 as a minimum, it really makes the window intrusive in my opinion.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,164 Arc User
    The inventory change is horrible. The UI still kills the FPS when opened I go from 144fps down to 5fps just by opening the Powers UI. Clicking the Skill page still causes a 1 second lag pause. Endavours still lag out the game.

It looks to me like they have lowered the max players in zones which has helped. With a cap of 15 per zone instead of 20 there is a lot less lag and rubberbadning from that. With the new cap I managed to run across the Voth battlezone with only 1 minor rubberband instead of the major none stop lag.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    The size of the inventory screen being locked in at 10 is a MASSIVE DISRUPTIVE SITUATION to me
    A full complaint will be transfered to customer service by the end of today, I WILL NOT TOLORATE THAT SIZE PERIOD THE ABILITY TO REDUCE IT TO 7 IS NOT OPTIONAL IT IS MANDATORY!

I actually agree. I have my inventory width set at 8 (not too small, but better fits with the 12-slot expansion upgrades).
    I really want to set the minimum to at least 8.
    10 is too large, particularly for smaller resolution screens.

EDIT:
    Also, now the Overflow window overlaps with the inventory window. Also the reason I had 8.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I notice that the new width of the inventory window is just the right size for an additional tab...
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • jackson900pwejackson900pwe Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    Yeah the inventory window being stuck must be changed. I can't tolerate not being able to change it either much like fred26291. Y'all gotta change that back man. This is not a helpful change.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    The inventory window can be made larger, but not smaller, based on the size of the search criteria...

Which TOTALLY messes with my CDO (obsessive compulsive disorder, with the letters in alphabetical order)... I had everything arranged... Boxes, Consoles for loadout swaps, Pets, etc... All arranged in stacks. Same with my Crafting Mats... Arranged in stacks... All gone and messed up now...

XD
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Well, they improved the lag and rubberbanding, they are more notorious, and stronger!!, well done, now is increased! and constant disconects... it's annoying!
    Post edited by gaevsman on
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I really don't know who's bright idea it was to make the inventory minimum window be 10 columns wide, but it needs to be reverted. Looks like a bloated whale and out of place. Also not friendly to people with smaller resolution monitors. Like, seriously guys? Not everyone uses or has a 1080p or larger monitor. All that does is waste space.

EDIT: Now with Image Proof
    screenshot_2020-09-29-17-39-16.jpg
    We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
    Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
    Thank you for the assistance!
    The Star Trek Online Team
    If you all really value our feedback, then seriously consider reverting the minimum 10 wide window thing, among a bunch of other things, and actually respond negative feedback adequately addressing the concerns of those players instead of deflecting it and trying to divert blame.
    Post edited by captan2er0 on
    Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    I'll have to echo the sentiments about the Inventory window - please let us have it narrower than 10-slots-wide!
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
    It gets even worse when you look at the Assets tab. There is so much space between each column... What was wrong with letting people make it the size they wanted it?!?
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    If they also expand the inventory for loot items tab, I'll get used to it.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    The size of the inventory screen being locked in at 10 is a MASSIVE DISRUPTIVE SITUATION to me
    A full complaint will be transfered to customer service by the end of today, I WILL NOT TOLORATE THAT SIZE PERIOD THE ABILITY TO REDUCE IT TO 7 IS NOT OPTIONAL IT IS MANDATORY! The window size is sooo disruptive to me i have been forced to QUIT PLAYING any content that will require me to touch that window. I will do the event and the admiralty but all other gameplay including endeavors must cease indefinately till that window is restored back to the size it belongs. If the size is left 10 and not fixed this may verry well be the straw that breaks the camels back 2 yrs worth of one thing after another has me on edge, 2 friends are responsible for the fact that i havent left yet but this has crossed the line yet again and I can swallow no more negativity from a game thats supposed to be fun.

This is the single biggest over reaction maybe in the history of the forums. This level of freaking out over an inventory window that you keep closed 90% of the time is off the charts level crazy.

Seriously, quit playing all games and get yourself some help. You're completely insane.
    Insert witty signature line here.
This discussion has been closed.