test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Year of the Klingon part 2

doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
Lets use this thread to discuss the Part 2. I go first with my question: What fed ship is coming out next?
C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Im still waiting for the ships ...
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I just finished playing the Warzone arc on a new character last night. I'm looking forward to running through it again to see the changes while it is still fresh in my mind.
  • doctorstegidoctorstegi Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    Personally i do like the changes they have made so far but on the other hand its way to little to call it Year of the Klingon. Half of it seems to be already passed so yeah will see what else might there be coming.
    C-Store Inc. is still looking for active members on the fed side. If you don't have a fleet feel free to contact me in game @stegi.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Personally i do like the changes they have made so far but on the other hand its way to little to call it Year of the Klingon. Half of it seems to be already passed so yeah will see what else might there be coming.

This is my issue. What is the point of revamping KDF content with no real incentive to actualy play a KDF toon? As it stands all the advantages pretty much lie with fed in terms of best ships and gear for a starting or casual player.

Sure, we few die hard KDF fans are stubbornly playing the faction but it feels all this work on the early KDF stuff will be wasted unless there is a way to attract people to the KDF. Give us a D7 starting legendary bundle like the Roms got, hell I'd settle for a legendary B'rel bundle.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Alexander is back? Cool.

4gl6rb.jpg
    Post edited by hawku001x on
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    We have Year of Klingon Part 1 and now will come Year of the Klingon Part 2. So the Year of Klingon is still not done yet. I will judge it when all has been released.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • tasshenatasshena Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    "Streamlined" storyline, doesn't that usually mean fewer missions? :p​​
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    tasshena wrote: »

Yes, it does. And because of that, I really hope the fek'ihri arc makes it through these YOK updates. They are definitely old missions, but also some of the most memorable in this entire game's history (IMO). I'm not sure why but I have an...uneasy feeling about those missions. I hope it's unfounded.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

This is my issue. What is the point of revamping KDF content with no real incentive to actualy play a KDF toon? As it stands all the advantages pretty much lie with fed in terms of best ships and gear for a starting or casual player.

Sure, we few die hard KDF fans are stubbornly playing the faction but it feels all this work on the early KDF stuff will be wasted unless there is a way to attract people to the KDF. Give us a D7 starting legendary bundle like the Roms got, hell I'd settle for a legendary B'rel bundle.

I agree a Klingon Legendary Ship Bundle would help the cause quiet a bit. D7, Vorcha, B'rel, Negh'var maybe even one or two of the Discovery Klingon Ships.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I agree a Klingon Legendary Ship Bundle would help the cause quiet a bit. D7, Vorcha, B'rel, Negh'var maybe even one or two of the Discovery Klingon Ships.

I predict D7, Kelvin D7, DSC D7, B'Rel, Vor'cha, Negh'var, and Bortasqu'.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    With the merging of the mission stated above, and the move of the mission "Alpha" to the "Warzone" arc, that arc will still end up having 4 missions as it did previously.

So the answer is 'Yes'.

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Lets honest here and not pretend those removed/merged missions were some master pieces that were perfect, while I am generally opposed to removing meaningful content more often then no what was removed was not meaningful
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Lets honest here and not pretend those removed/merged missions were some master pieces that were perfect, while I am generally opposed to removing meaningful content more often then no what was removed was not meaningful

No mission is literally perfect, so that standard cannot be used to measure anything. That said, the Guardian of Forever mission was definitely one of those 'memorable moments' in my time with STO and it's a shame new players don't get to enjoy it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    reyan01 wrote: »
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    I know which fed ship ISN'T coming next...the T6 Nova. But yes there will of course be more fed only ship bundles with NOTHING for the KDF incoming...because nothing says Year of the KLINGONS like giving stuff EXCLSUIVELY to the feddie bears.

Ironic really, isn't it - because as well as yourself, I've read comments from several people (both in-game and on social media) saying the same sort of thing - that regardless of this YoK thing, they'd tolerate them putting a T6 Nova out due to how long many have been waiting for it.

If the Nova is as half baked as the Vo'Quv T6 I don't want to see a Nova. Vo'Quv was something people waited along time for and what did we get? A sad excuse of a carrier in todays time, if it wasn't for the Fighter Pets and Superior Area Denial this carrier would have been a useless as a space brick.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    They talked about this on the livestream. “Second Star to the Right, Straight on 'til Morning” and “Keep Your Enemies Closer” will become "Mars, Bringer of War"

They removed the "Vigilance" arc, and moved the mission "Alpha" to the "Warzone" arc because the other two missions in the "Vigilance" arc were just really basic and awful Fed patrols, with some additional dialog, that added nothing to the story, so they just cut those out in YoK part 1.

With the merging of the mission stated above, and the move of the mission "Alpha" to the "Warzone" arc, that arc will still end up having 4 missions as it did previously.

I'm not completely against the merging of the Mars merging, those two were kind of grindy missions. Although I'm very skeptical of what they do to the missions to merge them, and what they might cut out.

The other removals, though, I definitely don't like. Call them lousy patrols all you want, they are missions the KDF needs. I leveled some new KDF recently, and running out of missions before you get thrown to the wolves, as in following the story expects you to be in level 50 content zones like the Dyson sphere and New Romulus when you're not level 50 yet, is a real issue.
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    My issue is with Pre-Delta toons that were left unfinished. Due to time constraints etc... I still have both Deltas and Temporal agents that need their progress filled. I hope the revamp does not destroy their progress for max rewards.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    In regards to the revamp, no merging justr give it a cosmetic overhaul and then add new content in the form of new missions - Not talking 2 measly episodes here, but actual 3 to 4 episodes paced out in a good way.

DO NOT REMOVE Content - content removal without a plan to replace or keep important content intact is very bad for the game. Most of the game content has already been butchered and that is a huge no no.

I do not mind new stuff, but I miss most of the old content, especially Rommie content and Cardy content which have been butchered to Kingdom come. For every 2 new content they give us, they remove 5 or 6 of the old.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • khazlolkhazlol Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    The Fek'ihri episodes could also use a bit of glue and duct tape. at least the ground maps. think one of them used the oldest version of the first city map.
    > @stark2k said:
    >
    > DO NOT REMOVE Content - content removal without a plan to replace or keep important content intact is very bad for the game.

---------

A "plan"(which may never actually happen) isnt even good enough, IMO. To put it simply, something shouldnt be removed until the replacement is actually ready. That way we wont have these neverending "kick the can down the road" situations where people are waiting for things to come back that probably never will, if we're being honest.

If they wont commit to making the replacent up front and having it ready to replace whatever is being removed at the time, the chances that they will still consider it any kind of priority years later are extremely low.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    stark2k wrote: »
    My issue is with Pre-Delta toons that were left unfinished. Due to time constraints etc... I still have both Deltas and Temporal agents that need their progress filled. I hope the revamp does not destroy their progress for max rewards.

Same with my Deltas and Temporals, was not happy when the Breen Arc and half the Dominion arc got moved to Available, both of which are needed of the Delta progression.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Still waiting on a dedicated KDF Science Vessel with all four things which distinguish a Science Vessel -

- Five Science consoles
    - Commander Sci BOFF seat
    - Secondary Deflector
    - Turn rate of 12 or better
  • aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Some of the previously removed KDF missions made sense being nixed, but I had hoped that at least some of The Kuvah'Magh; Treasure Trading Station; Task Force Hippocrates; City on the Edge of Never; Past Imperfect missions would be reinstated? I doubt that they will at this point, but several of these were unique and/or offered decent rare ground weapons or ship equipment.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    I am eagerly awaiting my chance to blow B'vat out of the sky again. Would be fun to fly a Dsc Connie alongside the TOS Enterprise against the Klingons.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.