test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

lag and server disconnects

Over the last 3 days I have been noticing A lot of connection errors myself suddenly. to the point the game is unplayable between the rubber banding, server disconnect errors and and just lag, took 30 seconds to load into TFO ( will show where my ship is supposed to load into then nothing for about 30 seconds) never had this issue until the last patch.

Comments

• vonludenpwevonludenpwe Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I have the same problem, but can't post the required test results. When I paste them into a post there is no way to complete the post.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I started having the same problem yesterday before the maintance and continued afterward and I recent had Spectrum out to replace a bad modem and router and now I know are not the problem. I have tried an uninstall and reinstall this problem is eating into the buffer days for the current event and now looks like I will have to put off doing any upgrades during upgrade weekend which I been waiting to show up for a while now.
  • bubbahotep12bubbahotep12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same issues here.

I also have spectrum internet... out of curiosity are we all spectrum users? maybe sto is routing us wrong?
    Same issues here.

I also have spectrum internet... out of curiosity are we all spectrum users? maybe sto is routing us wrong?

Not sure because I am not having any problems with World of Warcraft it is only STO.
  • vonludenpwevonludenpwe Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am a Spectrum user. I changed the options on the loader to use the EU proxy and that seems to have mostly solved the problem, at least for this afternoon.
    I just checked that and tried it myself and so far so good and in the ticket I submitted I pointed toward this post so the GM that replied knows about it and can hopefully forward the information to the right people to look at the forums.
  • howtorhowtor Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I also am running spectrum. Seems to clear up after sitting for 15 or so minutes. I will try changing the proxy
  • dwwolfedwwolfe Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    On Spectrum Business internet here, and have had server disconnect and not responding issues ever since the last hurricane hit the panhandle of Florida.
    I have tried tracert to the patch server and it showed destination unreachable multiple times after only reaching 4 or 5 hops out from me. Not exactly sure who is dropping the ball, but I can hit and ping any other server I point my system towards.
    Too many characters to list but still adding more.......The addiction to this game is real
    The issue seems to have cleared up, Still unsure what was going on though will see if it starts again in the future
    Never mind they are back with a vengeance tonight was able to log in fine earlier today, now I cant even connect to login server