test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Deep Space Nine Crashes Often (CE-38700-8)

millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
edited September 2020 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
The game crashes at an alarmingly high rate when loading into DS9's interior map. For me, it happens like 33% of the time. Please do something, so that going to DS9 isn't a roll of the dice that we have to wait for the PlayStation to "check error status," then reload the game, then reconnect to the server... then reload our characters... then reload into DS9 again... and hope it doesn't crash twice in a row. This takes like five minutes or more, and I've upgraded the PlayStation to an SSD.

Maybe removing six or ten of the massive amount of unneeded NPCs walking around until everyone is able to upgrade to a PS5 could help? I know that DS9 is supposed to be a populated space station like on the TV show, but just rotating the camera causes the game to lag.

Comments

• Options
    inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 4,004 Arc User
    I'm convinced the problem with DS9 is their strict determination to make it as true to on-screen as possible. As such, it is small, cramped and over-populated.

The older DS9 model, whilst nothing like the studio sets, was a truer interpretation of what DS9 was supposed to be, something they didn't have the, er, space for in a TV studio -- a large, sprawling station that truly felt like an intergalactic hub that was worth visiting.

Nowadays, I avoid going to DS9 because I find it crashy - on PS4 and on PC.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/