test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Temporal Ambassador Mission wont let me board the ship

Tried to board the ship after disabling the forcefield and I get met with map transfer failed

Comments

• Yup! same problem happened to me. I encountered the bug on 8/6, and the character I was playing was at Lvl 65. I played with a different character I have (Lvl 16) and still encountered the bug.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    Yesterday's War has been broken since like the first week I started playing in June. :-(
  • scrof#7781 scrof Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Same problem here.
  • orestes82#5764 orestes82 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Same here. You get to the airlock door and nothing. Smh...
  • brad#3291 brad Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Same here. I hope they fix it soon.
  • easomdarreneasomdarren Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Yeah I also have that issue I reported the bug and when I checked my tickets it said it was solved so I am not happy I want to get this mission done but just no luck with that right now.
  • I've had the problem as well. When I tried to board the Enterprise-C, I got the Map Transfer Failed prompt. It worked in the past before the latest updates, after that it went down. If an admin is watching this, recommend fix as soon as possible to allow other players to complete the mission.
  • kangsinkangsin Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    i get this issue as well thus unable to complete the mission/quest
  • onimenokyouonimenokyou Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ya same problem, I've tried on multiple characters, every time I try to continue the "threading the needle" portion of Temporal ambassador i get hit with "Map Transfer failed". I'm locked out of 3 story arcs because of it. please fix ;;
  • rblack227#6541 rblack227 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here what to do I reported the problem as well
  • n744#9461 n744 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same here. Tested with multiple characters. Support suggested logging out and back in again, which achieved exactly nothing beyond moving the point of failure to trying to continue the mission.
  • hellwing1hellwing1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i put in a ticket and the dev's are aware of it and are working on a fix to fix it
  • jon918#9917 jon918 Member Posts: 1 New User
    same here, i hadn't played the game in some time so i decided to start from the beginning & go thru a smooth transition of story arcs,,, well that stopped at Temporal Ambassador, couldn't board Enterprise-C and ruined the whole thing! Damn you Khhhhhhaaaaaaannnnn!!!
  • reddman15reddman15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    IVE BEEN WAITING A MONTH FOR THIS MISSION TO BE FIXED! SUBMITTED TICKETS THEY ALL SAY RESOLVED BUT THEY KNOW THE ISSUE HASNT BEEN RESOLVED!! THEY NEED TO STOP LYING TO PEOPLE AND FIX IT!!!!!!
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    This was addressed in one of the live-streams. Apparently it has to do with an odd memory issue and hardware compatibility with the console. I think it will take a long time to fix—assuming it is fixable. I am not sure which stream it was. If I have time or come across the source I will try to share it later.

Alternatively @somtaawkhar made a summary I think. He may know who said it.
  • I have the same problem I will be contacting.

Arc Games, Atari, Perfect World, Cryptic and Core Technologies. All of them.

| Just so they are aware that it is broken and not working.

I get the map transfer failed error too.
  • starsroqm#6155 starsroqm Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    This problem has been around for several bug fixes yet still unsolved. People are told it is fixed....yet not fixed. Ifthey can make all new content they should tryfixing old stufffirst.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Those who make the new content are not the same people who fix the old stuff. Also, they are trying to fix it but it is a hardware and memory issue. Who has been told it is fixed when it is not? Parts of the missions have been fixed until when lands on map transfer failed. Another thing, they have to go through the certification process that Microsoft and Sony has them go through as well.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • cooljo67#3531 cooljo67 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Nov 3 and the map transfer failed bug is still there.. anybody got a way around it??
  • menzla#7679 menzla Member Posts: 4 New User
    I have the same problem, and I have the problem with Beyond the Nexus Mission, in that mission when I fix the Warp Core in the Engine room, and when I have to go to the bridge, when I enter the turbolift there is no option X to click, and I can't go to the bridge. Can somebody please open a new topic for that bug in a Beyond the Nexus Mission?
  • menzla#7679 menzla Member Posts: 4 New User
    I compleated Beyond the Nexus mission, but still can't finish Temporal Ambassador mission, still it says map transfer failed, will they ever fix this error and mission?
  • blackcyphblackcyph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    Also, they are trying to fix it but it is a hardware issue. Who has been told it is fixed when it is not?

Everyone who has Submitted a Ticket has been told it was fixed when they label it resolved.

I have worked on my own games as well. This is not that hard to fix.
    Open the mission in the Dev kit. Replace the Missing Enterprise-C assett, or correct the faulty path the door is linked to.
    Map Transfer Failed in the STO Engine means the ASSETT is missing/Path Incorrect. There is no map to transfer you. The whole it's a hardware issue is a copout. If it were then many more missions would be broken. They have not checked and don't care to because it does not affect the ZEN Sales.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    blackcyph wrote: »
    Also, they are trying to fix it but it is a hardware issue. Who has been told it is fixed when it is not?

Everyone who has Submitted a Ticket has been told it was fixed when they label it resolved.

Open the mission in the Dev kit. Replace the Missing Enterprise-C asset, or correct the faulty path the door is linked to.
    Map Transfer Failed in the STO Engine means the ASSET is missing/Path Incorrect. There is no map to transfer you. The whole it's a hardware issue is a copout. If it were then many more missions would be broken. They have not checked and don't care to because it does not affect the ZEN Sales.

When Cryptic labels things resolved that does not mean it is always resolved. Just that the ticket has been closed usually. Many years ago, resolved would most likely mean resolved. They are working on it and it is a harder fix on console than you think it is especially with the verification they have to go through with Sony and Microsoft. It is a hardware and memory issue and that is not a copout. Their own QA guy has stated that they are working on it.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • blackcyphblackcyph Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    blackcyph wrote: »

Open the mission in the Dev kit. Replace the Missing Enterprise-C asset, or correct the faulty path the door is linked to.
    Map Transfer Failed in the STO Engine means the ASSET is missing/Path Incorrect. There is no map to transfer you. The whole it's a hardware issue is a copout. If it were then many more missions would be broken. They have not checked and don't care to because it does not affect the ZEN Sales.

When Cryptic labels things resolved that does not mean it is always resolved. Just that the ticket has been closed usually. Many years ago, resolved would most likely mean resolved. They are working on it and it is a harder fix on console than you think it is especially with the verification they have to go through with Sony and Microsoft. It is a hardware issue and that is not a copout. Their own QA guy has stated that they are working on it.

There is 1 map transition issue, if its hardware its because the server that Map Asset is on it broken (trying to send you to an asset it does not see in its files). And I can understand that taking more than a few months to fix During the Pandemic. I was not even thinking about Corona when I vented. Its like this is the only Mission I have cant complete. Just hard to believe a hardware issue (if server side) is that hard to make a workaround, and if its client side why this is literally the ONLY transition its affecting.

Really just hope they aren't like then techs i used to work with. They always went straight to the hardest thing to fix instead of looking for a Simple answer.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I submitted a question for a QA team twitch stream in relation to this issue. So i could assist in getting you guys a update on the latest.

Latest report on this issue from QA is as follows (taken from a twitch stream, located here - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/810190746)

Time stamp 14:00 - 16:00.

This issue is still high on their priority list. However, they have so far been unable to reproduce the issue internally. Which is the main hold-up in diagnosing and resolving the issue.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • hippydippy1#5870 hippydippy1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    It might be worth them removing the Temporal Ambasdador requirement for the In Shadows trophy (and apparently the Vigilance trophy) out as a temporary fix, seeing as this bug has been ongoing for over 110 days now. At least that's one problem dealt with.
    Post edited by hippydippy1#5870 on
  • crinanoran#2738 crinanoran Member Posts: 1 New User
    They're saying that the issue can't be reproduced? Are they trying to use a PS4 at all?

Here, for them to know, the exact steps:
    Start the mission - I did this through the Mission Journal then going to the Azure Nebula
    Follow the anomaly until you swap to the new timeline
    Talk to Drake
    Get Food
    Talk to Richard
    Talk to Yar
    Talk to Drake again
    Talk to the Andorian whose name I forgot
    Wait for the distraction
    Go through the maze
    Kill the Tholians by making it hard to live
    Take care of the web
    Wait for everyone else to finish their tasks
    Go to the ship
    Take out the 3 force fields
    Press X to "Board U.S.S. Enterprise-C"
    Get "Map Transfer Failed" error
    Once you have that, Return to your ship and try to re-enter the map, get the same error and stay stuck in Azure Nebula.
    Try to log out and back in, redo the entire mission up to that same point. Get the same error.
    Be unable to acquire the Ambassador class and complete the mission.

I did this on a PS4 Pro.

You guys have data corruption or deletion, plain and simple.
  • hippydippy1#5870 hippydippy1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @"crinanoran#2738" said:
    > You guys have data corruption or deletion, plain and simple.

It is possible that this does not happen in a test environment, which would have to be the case in order to debug what is going on exactly. It is silly that it has been an issue for so long though.

But, honestly, I'm not that bothered by it. My only issue is that this one unrelated mission is a requirement for one or maybe even two trophies which, currently, cannot be attained on either console.
  • this bug is since 6 months or even longer in game. ^^ they will never fix that.

• fcedfced Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    You are not alone, everybody is in the same case, don't wait for help on this forum, create a ticket and submit it to STO support here : https://support.arcgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Only community managers are reading this forum, and they never transmit our demands to the official Star trek online support.
    Proof a topic i created several years ago with a list of bugs, problems, and enhancement for the games, i stopped playing 2 years ago, returned 2 weeks ago and found the same bugs, problems (like on ESO), but I never got problem with Temporal ambassador years ago, the mission was buggy a bit, but not like this, we were able to complete it.
    PS4 / PS3 - Star Trek online (Trekkie) - Neverwinter - Mass Effect 1/2/3 Fan, I like Andromeda - Main language : Français - Secondary language : English - Third language : Forget you won't like it...