test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

starbase after lvle85

saipan2saipan2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
any word on when we will have new builds to work on. colony is almost done.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Please God, no.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Please God, no.

giphy.gif

HQroeLu.jpg
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    > @ltminns said:
    > Please God, no.

Amen!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be better if they expanded or updated some of the older holdings?

Add some new projects and interior updates to the Starbases for example. Most of the adding of projects is programmed, right? We have the winter event projects that are added each year after all.

The Research lab also doesn't have that many rooms.

Maybe they could create small missions there, besides the mini-games we already have. Fending off intruders from your Starbase, launching rocks towards incoming pirates in the dilithium mine...

I'm not a fan of adding an entirely new holding. If they're going to add something entirely new, it should be of the kind that people have proposed here before: something all players together can work on, a new social hub that's gradually unlocked and expanded.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I think the Colony was where they jumped the shark.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Please God, no.

^ This indeed.

What this game does need imho is something similar to the (now defunct) Colony Invasion scenario though... something engaging and fun that requires working as a team and presents a challenge.

Something similar to the many things that people used to do in years prior that actually gave the feeling of playing an MMO.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    Give us customizable rooms/suites in our starbases, with the ability to pay to add rooms with dilithium. People would go nuts, and it'd be a nice cosmetic dilithium sink.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,951 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »
    that requires working as a team
    Given how poorly people do in even basic teamwork based TFOs like "Battle of Procyon V", "Gravity Kills", "To Hell With Honor", "Best Served Cold", and "Pahvo Dissension", I wonder how well this would turn out.

Ya know Som, I really am at a loss for words when the concept of working as a team (and perhaps even the term MMO) have somehow become not entirely compatible with reference to Star Trek Online :(

Maybe try and focus on the rest of the post and just ignore the T word?

This game has massive potential.
This discussion has been closed.