test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Next reputation: ideas, expectations, suggestions

fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
With the announcement of the new instant T5-reputation tokens, I suspect a new reputation is coming soon.

What do you think it'll be and contain?
[4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I see the opposite. Nothing coming anytime soon if at all.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    With the announcement of the new instant T5-reputation tokens, I suspect a new reputation is coming soon.

What do you think it'll be and contain?

Nothing...they've made it obvious they wont put effort into anything unless it's easy and can monetize it...while they have monetized reps now it isn't easy to make a new one. So they wont do it because they don't care about advancing the game...just cheap and easily ploys to exploit players wallets
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No more @#$%ing Reputations!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »

Why though?

The new thingy will be most interesting for new reps because players don't have sponsorship yet. Players who want the shiny new stuff immediately, like with the lobi buy outs for event ships.

That's at least why I think we will see something new soon.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Same.

The J'ula arc is going on for at least another like 8 months, and I see no reason for them to make a new reputation until its over.

Well that's too bad. I'm tired of her already.

Since it's heavily tied into Discovery and that series is soon releasing its third season, there will likely be some stuff to draw inspiration from.

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They would also not want to do this for a new Reputation as that would completely stunt it as people would not need to do any new TFOs that would come with the new Reputation.

It would also require them to immediately add this Reputation to any Marks Choice Awards Boxes.

If they don't leave you with the opportunity to slot the Tier V Reward Upgrade, like they did with the Jem'Hadar or Vanguard Jem'Hadar Charactes, you would not get this Marks, Elite Marks, and Dilithium. Could this also be looked at as another method to reduce the amount of Dilithium in the game?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    They would also not want to do this for a new Reputation as that would completely stunt it as people would not need to do any new TFOs that would come with the new Reputation.

It would also require them to immediately add this Reputation to any Marks Choice Awards Boxes.

If they don't leave you with the opportunity to slot the Tier V Reward Upgrade, like they did with the Jem'Hadar or Vanguard Jem'Hadar Charactes, you would not get this Marks, Elite Marks, and Dilithium. Could this also be looked at as another method to reduce the amount of Dilithium in the game?

Well players would still have to play the content at least a few times to get the gear. If they want more than one piece of it - like a full ground set for uniform unlocks - and assuming that we'll still get the T5 mark and dilithium rewards.

But you wouldn't have to wait 40 days to complete a new reputation or multiple weeks before you can start collecting the gear in some of the lower tiers. (Another advantage is being able to immediately use the traits, but how many people still have spare trait slots? I think that's of minor importance, bar a few exceptions like the T3 Omega ground trait.)

I think that's the main incentive here: quickly start collecting gear and at most having to play content to actually obtain something right away. Not so much that you can fill the reputation just so that it's filled and you can look at the filled progress bar or anything. So I don't think that it would automatically mean that players lose any incentive to play new content. They'd just be playing it for different and probably more interesting reasons.

I hadn't actually thought about the upgrade projects. I'm assuming that you'll just get those automatically. It would be very strange if paying 3000 Zen meant that you don't get anything, except a filled progress bar...

• Options
    So, viewed from that perspective, it may actually mean that we'll see heavy investment into reputations, with more interesting stuff being put into them and each tier. Meaning more incentives to complete it quickly - or immediately for quite a large sum of Zen.

At least that's what I'm hoping. There are still many things that could be done. Traits that increase healing capabilities, draining, control. Uniforms - well, I'm sure there are many things they can still come up with, better than what I'm able to draw up.
    We don't have much gear that's focussed on tetryon or proton damage. They might even start putting some of the lower tier ships in the reputation stores. New weapons could be designed and so on. We also know they now have the ability to create non-humanoid Boffs.

• Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I can't see any good reason for them offering another reputation grind?

I mean I would prefer that they spend extra effort maybe fixing some of the stuff that has long been bugged or perhaps doing that previously teased Halloween seasonal content based upon the TOS episode "Catspaw."
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    It's been almost a year and a half without a new rep, and there's been practically no story progress in that time. We're still dealing with Discovery Klingons, and it doesn't look like this meandering plotline will get anywhere any time soon, so if they did give us a new rep, it'd have to be something original. Hah.

But I doubt they'll be adding one any time soon, or anywhere near the frequency we used to get, same with story missions since ViL. Reps might just go the way of the DOff, or R&D, or PvP, or Fleet, and be left in the game to rot, but never actually updated with anything meaningful. Or they'll just gut the system like they did event completion or Admiralty. Lots of different choices, and none of them will bring any marked improvements.
  • Options
    No more @#$%ing Reputations!!

I don't get this. If you don't want the items in a new reputation, just don't grind it?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    #NoMoreReputations, instead revamp the ones we already have.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    or anywhere near the frequency we used to get, same with story missions since ViL.
    We have actually gotten more story missions on average since ViL then before it.

Before ViL the standard was one new mission every 3 months. In the last 23 months we have gotten 11, or an average of one new mission every 2.09 months. They just release them in pairs every 4 months, instead of individually every 2.

There were 9 months between Season 14 and VIL's final mission, "Home". Counting the Dominion tutorial as a single mission and discounting the Anniversary and Season 14.5 in that time frame, that's 8 missions per 9 months, or 0.88MpM. By your own calculation, 11 missions per 23 months comes out to 0.48MpM, barely over half what we had prior. If we factor in the anniversary mission that came 3 months after season 14, and the mission in season 14.5, that's 10 missions in 9 months, or 1.1MpM
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    3000 zen per rep * 13 reps = 39,000 zen,
    I hope there is no more reps cause thats too much for 13 and only to tier 5.
This discussion has been closed.