test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

which did you choose, Lobi only or the ship + lobi?

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
I'm trying to decide which way I want to go, thinking maybe all the lobi and wait for a sale?
Spock.jpg

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I still have three days before I can claim.

I'm taking the ship coupon + lobi

The Son wants lobi

The Grandson wants coupon + lobi

The Son in Law doesn't know, so if he doesn't decide he gets coupon + lobi and I told him that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    fwiw you get a box when you open it you choose.
    Spock.jpg

• jacquemarteljacquemartel Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    My decision went like this.

Ships go on sale. 20% off a 3,000 Zen ship is 2,400 Zen. Ships can even be had cheaper in some bundles. Free event ships. But this is a first for LOBI.

There are Many things in the Lobi Store that I regularly get for important alts. Ship Consoles. Maybe a 2 piece set. Ground Armor sometimes a personal weapon. So ...

How much Zen would I have to spend to get 1,000 LOBI. I'll let you work that out yourselves. Assume your luck is like mine and you have opened a top prize 1 time in 7 years. On two accounts - one on each.

I took the Lobi on both accounts, and spent half during the recent sale. Many big smiles from Many Alts.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I have two accounts, on one of them I picked the Lobi since I wanted to get the Iktomi for my Romulan "space drow".

The other one I have not decided yet since it is my old recovered account and I don't have anyone on it with a theme that needs a particular Lobi ship and I could probably use something that is available to every character on that account more. I am leaning towards the coupon + Lobi option to get the new Dominion carrier since it would give my faux-Vortas another ship they can use and it looks close enough to a Romulan style ship (a lot like the V4 Wing of Vengeance in fact) to fit my Romulans well.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Lobbi for me. No real interesting ships in the T6 zen store and the lobbi stuff is just as meh but at least the lobbi can snag something interesting if it shows up in the lobbi store unlike a fixed T6 zen ship token.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Lobi. A while back already.

I bought some uniforms (survival outfit), a Xindi Boff and a few other things. C-store ships aren't that interesting to me anymore. I have so many already.

There are some ones like the Hestia and related ships and the Eclipse that I wouldn't mind having, but I already know that I wouldn't be using them much as it would mean stop using other interesting ones I already have.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    I went with Lobi back with the previous event that counted towards this campaign. Got myself a Vengeance.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I held onto mine since the last event but then went with the Jem hadar recon ship since my Jem hadar didn't have one of those plus it uses my bird of prey pilot staple layout extremely well.

However I find this all rhetorical because the reason that people are so tight with dilithium, why ships don't sell well like they once did, and why the Phoenix vendor rewards are not really cutting it anymore is based on their ship acquisitions. So first thing is stop trying to sell one ship three times over per faction. Then also the players who get Epic tokens from the phoenix packs are the same people who do every event so its like if you get an Epic one its basically worthless.

So really instead of offering up these free T6 ship coupons or lobi it should really be where the 2 variants come from that are being charged 25 dollars each for just a trait and one console layout different than the original which is a bit too much to stomach for most people so this is why these problems exist. So here is hoping they become reasonable and make an attempt at making this game thrive again.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I held onto mine since the last event but then went with the Jem hadar recon ship since my Jem hadar didn't have one of those plus it uses my bird of prey pilot staple layout extremely well.

However I find this all rhetorical because the reason that people are so tight with dilithium, why ships don't sell well like they once did, and why the Phoenix vendor rewards are not really cutting it anymore is based on their ship acquisitions. So first thing is stop trying to sell one ship three times over per faction. Then also the players who get Epic tokens from the phoenix packs are the same people who do every event so its like if you get an Epic one its basically worthless.

So really instead of offering up these free T6 ship coupons or lobi it should really be where the 2 variants come from that are being charged 25 dollars each for just a trait and one console layout different than the original which is a bit too much to stomach for most people so this is why these problems exist. So here is hoping they become reasonable and make an attempt at making this game thrive again.

The game IS thriving, it is almost always in the top 25 most played MMOs according to MMO Populations. It is even growing by about 1.83% per month which while that probably does not seem like much it is not too bad.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    I completed last event for some reason. I went with Lobi so my main could get the good consoles. As I don't do lockboxes it was the perfect opportunity to snag the consoles I wanted and there was a sale on the lobi store st the time aswell.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Lobi was an easy choice for me, it's a far more valuable currency then the Zen needed for a T6 ship and much harder to come by.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    I didn't participate in this campaign, still have two ship tokens unspent. But I couldn't keep up with the non-stop events, it burned me out.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    As tempting as it is to grab any one of the desired ships that have eluded me, that is just too much free lobi to drop on a single item; so I'm gonna take the 1000 lobi and opt for a handful of consoles and extras. Also, doing this on two separate console accounts, because I'm a glutton!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I still have the box to be honest.

Since some older Prize-box ships have been occasionally finding their way into the Lobi store, I'm holding fire to see if one I particularly want finds it's way there.

which one?

I think I'm going lobi too, now because for some reason I thought itwas a t6 LOBI ship coupon +200
    Spock.jpg

• lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    I went for lobi to get the tzenkethi dread pretty much
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I went with Lobi and used it to buy the Plain and Simple bundle for a new Cardassian character the last time the sale came up a few months back. Very happy with my decision.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I took the 1,000 Lobi when I finished the Campaign by the Second Event. I still have two Free T6 Tokens and a 50% off Token.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    I chose the Ship + Lobi
    I haven't spent any of either yet. Nothing in the Z store really appeals to me. The only ship I *really* want is the Temporal D7 and that can't be had for anything less than a TRIBBLE-ton of EC.
This discussion has been closed.