test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Afterlife (episode 3 in Fek'Ihri Return KDF storyline) glitch?

When arriving in the Boreth system you are tasked with destroying 3 groups of Fek'Ihri ships. The group of frigates next to the planet are untargetable (though quite able to fire at you), so progress cannot be made beyond 2 groups of 3. Occasionally the frigates drop mines which are targetable but the ships are not, even when using Torpedo Spread, Scatter Volley or even dropping the Prior's World Elite Defense Satellite amidst the ships. I dropped and restarted the episode 5 times and tried various weapons as well as trying to get the frigates to follow, away from the planet, all unsuccessfully.
Skipping the episode does lets you continue and complete the storyline, but completing Afterlife doesn't seem possible at this time. It seems the Fek'Ihri ships spawn inside the atmosphere and never leave it to become targetable. I hope this is fixable, since I recall the episode as quite enjoyable when it works.

Comments

• thunderlynxthunderlynx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    UPDATE: Apparently, a workaround to the above is using Eject Warp Plasma to strafe the otherwise untargetable ships.
    Also, PC update notes state that the issue will be fixed on PC with today's patch. Hopefully it will soon be fixed in a patch for console as well.
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I have this issue too. I was going to post a bug report, but saw your thread. Good to hear they're fixing it for PC, and hopefully PlayStation as well... eventually. Unfortunately, I'm not able to use Eject Warp Plasma, due to it requiring that my character and officers be of Commander and Lt. Commander respectively. Playing through the game normal gets you to this mission at Level 15 or 16.