test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't access Yesterday's War or new story updates

Can't access Yesterday's War or new story updates and on my Xbox one x it's frustrating

Comments

• pixma#1867 pixma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here yesterday war locked and it is not just me a lot of my Friends in our fleet have same problem, i already contact CSR the cant do anything only developers
  • burstie79burstie79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    > @eazzie said:
    > This may help ......
    > https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/774h7w/have_no_missions_cant_unlock_yesterdays_war/dojsicn/

eazzie, in which way a 2 year old Reddit post should help exactly?

FYI, the Temporal Ambassador mission is broken on PS4 and XBox since the To Hell With Honor-Event.
    There is no way to work around it for a player. Only way to get it to life again is a fix by the developers.

But I slowly loose my faith for a patch, if in every bug report shows someone up and tell people, they should finish all prior missions first. We already figured out, that is not the problem with Temporal Ambassador and Yesterday War at the moment: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1256207/is-temporal-ambassador-mission-offline

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1255900/cannot-access-yesterdays-war

And on Reddit there are showing up one or two similar reports a week.
  • pixma#1867 pixma Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    No matter what if you already done all episodes, yesterday war is blocked, please help
  • colonygiantcolonygiant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    It's the same for me on Xbox One on 2 different accounts. I completed the first set of episodes called Agents of Yesterday and was recruited by Daniels as a temporal agent and sent forward in time. Fast forward now to just after the Klingon episodes and I had a mission from Phillip Crey to speak to Daniels called The Once and Future Agent. I completed that and awaited a hail from Daniels that sadly never came. I am now level 65 fleet admiral having completed all the various story arcs and still Yesterday's War is still greyed out. I have played this game since the beginning on all formats and have never experienced the issues I have on console.
  • phoenix292#3421 phoenix292 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Unable to access missions
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Unable to access missions

Please read the forum. There is already a thread relating to this topic.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/comment/13609792

@darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 please merge
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Can you let me know if this is fixed today?
  • tem0ntem0n Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I am now able to start the "Yesterday's War" quest BUT I am getting a bug (on 2 out of 2 characters) where i cannot board the enterprise C to start the "threading the needle" phase of the quest. I get a "Map Transfer Failed" error. I have tried the quest on 2 characters, dropped it and restarted it; and tried to log out of the bugged character, then back in and the issue persists.
  • colonygiantcolonygiant Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ok Yesterday's War first mission Temporal Ambassador is available and playable BUT as soon as I attempt to board the Enterprise-C up pops Map Transfer Failed so it seems the bug was fixed but only partially.
  • osyruz#1344 osyruz Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    > @colonygiant said:
    > Ok Yesterday's War first mission Temporal Ambassador is available and playable BUT as soon as I attempt to board the Enterprise-C up pops Map Transfer Failed so it seems the bug was fixed but only partially.

Same here, it finally unlocks for me, and I can't even finish the 1st mission. /BeamMeUpScotty
    edited August 2020
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:
    > Can you let me know if this is fixed today?

The mission unlocked, but when you go to enter the Enterprise, it says Map Transfer Failed. I logged to character select and back in to see if it helped, no fix. I logged off of the game completely, logged back in and was at the nebula, and it was "Map Transfer Failed" when I tried continuing from there. I even dropped and picked it back up and redid the mission with the same problem.
  • dougatt#7770 dougatt Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I know this is the Xbox forum but since Kael has responded to this thread I just wanted to throw out that I’m having the same issue as those above with a Klingon character on PS4. Map transfer failed right as I try to board the Enterprise C
    I can confirm the „map transfer failed“ issues above with a klingon charakter on XBox. Temporal Ambassador is finally working again, until your party should board the Enterprise-C.

But it is very good to know, you try to solve the problem. Many thanks for that.
  • scourgeofmoobysscourgeofmoobys Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I'm getting the same result on Temporal Ambassador with the Map Transfer Failed issue when prompted to board the Enterprise-C (playing on Xbox One as a Fed-aligned Romulan). I ended up skipping that mission and was able to play through the rest of the episode with no apparent problems, so I'm wondering if this is limited to just this mission.

To be fair, I'm happy that some progress has been made as I've been stuck waiting to access this episode for weeks now. I wonder if some change could be made so that Temporal Ambassador wasn't needed to get the achievements for In Shadows or Vigilance?
    Post edited by scourgeofmoobys on
  • pthe5#2621 pthe5 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    I have the exact same issue as all other writers before.

I play on Xbox a d tryd all the same like the others with my
    Lvl 65 klingon
    Lvl 65 romulan (Starfleet)
    Lvl 65 starfleet

All with the same problem.... They can't Board the enterprise c and the game is telling me "map transfer failed"

I need to finish the temporal ambassador story to finish my story achievo for my romulan toon and for my klingon toon (since temporal ambassador is now part of yesterdays war arc but also still part of the old story arcs to trigger the achievements) and also to complete the yesterday's war arc and get the achievo for this.

Seems like a Neverending story for me... Sadly
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
  • ulaidian#3746 ulaidian Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Still blocked for me as well..
  • mooney#3365 mooney Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I also cannot board the E-C... Guess they know by now.. Really kind of turning me off the whole game... There’s always some weird bug or problem.. Anyway hope it gets fixed.. Overall I was enjoying the game up to a point..
  • hawaiinreaper#1950 hawaiinreaper Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I too cannot board the enterprise
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    Still cannot enter the Enterprise C get the Map transfer fail. Also there is one other glitch Garaks voice is not Garak in fact he even calls himself by a different name. This may be entwined into the inability to transfer to the Enterprise C near the end of the mission or it may have nothing to do with it at all, still it is another glitch to say the least.
  • baucoinbaucoin Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Just ran into the Map Transfer Failed bug with Temporal Ambassador mission. Need to be able to finish this one to get credit for Vigilance story episodes related to Delta agent progress.
    Yes, the statement by baucoin is one reason, why Temporal Abassador couldn’t just be skipped, as often suggested.
    If you still have a „parked“ Delta-Agent, like me, it is an annoying bug.

Furthermore there is besides the mission rewards, like the Ambassador class, the fact, you will need to complete Temporal Ambassador to unlock several trophies/achievements. So platinum/100% isn’t obtainable at the moment.
    edited August 2020
    Any word on a fix for this yet? Seems like you guys don't even really care to fix this. Everyone with the exact same problem, even narrowing it down to what is causing it, and not even an update from CMs after they asked on August 4th > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:

Absolutely nothing about this matter since then.
  • nye#8522 nye Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Yeah me too, can't board the enterprise. Nice to know I'm not alone. Just wanted to add another bit of wasted forum space LOL
    > @ambassadorkael#6946 said:

Still not fixed, its been atleast a month, no word at all. Go ahead and release new ships, but don't fix game breaking bugs. Remind me again why I wasted money on a lifetime sub if you guys don't even bother fixing bugs?