test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can I add a hangar bay to a ship that doesn't have one?

andrewndb#1834 andrewndb Member Posts: 44 Arc User
So I can launch shuttles? I got a Temporal starship.

Comments

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No, there is no way to add a hangar bay to a ship that doesn't have one.

Sorry.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    It should be noted that hangars mean in combat pets, each ship has shuttlebay in lore you can't use it to launch combat pets
  • andrewndb#1834 andrewndb Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Oh. How come the Temporal ship I have doesn't have a shuttlebay? Does it get one later on?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Oh. How come the Temporal ship I have doesn't have a shuttlebay? Does it get one later on?

because most ships don't, the default is no hanger. no it does not.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    The combat style hangars are reserved to larger ships, dunno what you mean by "temporal ship" but most ships have a standard shuttlebay only meant for non combat duties so one does not need a hangar to do mission that have your character use a shuttle.

In game hangars are an equipment slot and thus cannot be added or removed either you have one or you don't.
    A shuttlebay at its most basic form is a room where a shuttle (or other similar size object) can rest and exit and those don't have to be much bigger then the shuttle itself, these exist only in lore for STO and are not shown in your gear. Hangars on the other need large support areas and the launch bays are just the tip of proverbial iceberg, thus only select few ships have hangars and its not you can just add when you feel like it.
  • smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Worth mentioning that there are some consumable devices that launch things like fighters from your device slots.