test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

COME ON NOW... XBOX STILL DOWN LOOK HERE DEVS edited for visibility

oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 105 Arc User
This is a transcript of the third ticket I have posted, and I really don't intend to be flamboyant, I just think an explanation is owed. Please correct me if I am wrong, just don't take corrective action against my account plz cuz idk.. I feel like given the situation this is a very civil albeit frustratingly expressive comment and ask....

I just want some answers and I know that 99% of other people who have been on in the last 24 hours to week want some too... am I not looking in the right place? I made a twitter just for this situation to communicate with you guys there... I haven't been raiding the forum, mostly support tickets, but I will take the time to do that after posting and if I find what I am looking for I will be happy to remove this post myself and apologize to someone about it...

THE SERVERS ON XBOX ARE STILL TRASHED AND WHILE WE CAN NOW LOGIN WE CANNOT STAY CONNECTED FOR MORE THAN A FEW MINUTES. PLEASE UPDATE US ON TWITTER... LIKE... STAR TREK DAY RUINED... 24 HOUR EVENTS RUINED... I CANNOT BELIEVE I JUST PUT 50 DOLLARS ON MY ACCOUNT FOR ZEN... I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW, AT LEAST I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING LIKE 200 OR 400 OR SOME CRA*....

WE REQUIRE AN UPDATE.... THERE ARE ALREADY SO MANY ISSUES WITH THE GAME THAT ARE KNOWN AND TOLERABLE, AND NEW STUFF HAPPENING WITH EVERY NEW CONTENT DROP. THIS STUFF HAPPENS, WE CAN UNDERSTAND THAT. AS A NETWORK ANALYST AND DESIGNER I WANT TO KNOW AT THE VERY LEAST A GENERAL CAUSE OF THE ISSUE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO BLAME FOR THIS FRUSTRATION?

I JUST GOT BACK INTO THIS GAME AFTER ABOUT A MONTH HIATUS... BEAM OVERLOAD AMONG OTHER BOFF ABILITIES FAIL TO TRIGGER CAUSING DUMB DEATHS AND ABSOLUTE LACK OF NECESSARY OVERWHELMING FORCE TO WIN BATTLES... THAT IS WHY I LEFT BEFORE... SEEMS THE ISSUE CAN BE MANAGED IF YOU ARE WILLING TO TINKER WITH YOUR ACTIVATIONS... THAT IS WHAT DROVE ME AWAY... MY PVP EXPERIENCE SUCKED AND I WAS NOT ON PAR WITH OTHER PEOPLE DOING DIFFERENT THINGS.. I NEEDED A BREAK... PLEASE HELP MAKE THIS A BEARABLE EXPERIENCE... I LOVE THIS GAME... I WOULD PAY 50 BUCKS A DAY TO PLAY THIS GAME RATHER THAN 50 BUCKS A NIGHT DRINKING MYSELF TO DEATH AT A BAR... LIKE I LOOOOOOOOOVE THIS GAME EVEN WITH ALL ITS FLAWS. MAKE IT PLAYABLE..

COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR PLAYER BASE. THIS ISSUE IS SENSITIVE, THIS ISN'T YOUR EVERYDAY WELL THIS CONSOLE DOESN'T WORK OR WELL THIS GUN DIDN'T PROC RIGHT OR WHATEVER... THIS IS A MASSIVE TIME FOR EVENTS AND STAR TREK IN GENERAL AND 6/9 DAYS OF >MODERATE< UPTIME IS ABSOLUTELY INSANE...

IS IT YOUR PROVIDER? PULL THE CONTRACT, IS THERE GUARANTEE OF % UPTIME??
SUE THE PROVIDER OR HAVE THEM PAY DISPENSATION... MAYBE PAY THAT BACK IN PART TO THE PLAYER BASE... THE SWITCH PROVIDERS! HAHA

MY COMPANY BOAST >AND< PROVIDES 100% UPTIME. GUARANTEED.... IF WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A PROBLEM WE KNOW ABOUT IT AHEAD OF TIME AND OR ARE SWITCHING TO FULL BACKUPS ON THE SPOT AND POSTING PRE RECORDED MESSAGES WITH >EXACT< DETAILS AS MUCH AS WE CAN PROVIDE SECURELY.....

WE NEED THAT TYPE OF TRANSPARENCY FROM YOU GUYS RIGHT NOW. JUST FREAKING PLEASE GIVE US AN EXPLANATION. DON'T GIVE UP ON US BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE....

Post edited by oredshirt#7209 on

Comments

• aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Rather than continue offering "minutes" for this snafu, I have to say that although I was able to get back into the game on Sept 4; it still continues to be one buggy mess making playing the game occasionally problematic.

Ridiculous amounts of rubberbanding are going on, and it is taking me on average about a half dozen times to actually get "into" the game with a single character; much less checking in on both of my console accounts? I start loading in and get kicked back to the main screen three+ plus times, and often then once I succeed there follows a couple of server disconnects and then .... another round of rinse and repeat. This has been the case for what, six months give or take. Prior to that this did happen, but certainly NOT EVERY TIME THAT YOU LOG IN DAILY?????

Cryptic, you have a problem. In fact since you have more than one employee or dev, you've seriously got a lot of problems who are earning a living for not really knowing how to fix the messes that they create. And trying to lay the blame anywhere else but right their in your own studio, is not really gonna cut it. You patch or do server maintenances weekly, so why isn't your interface clearing up .... at some point .... from time to time .... ever?

I grabbed this from another thread, spoiler, that was my post too. I have twin accounts and thus separate identities for same here in the forum.

I feel your pain, friend. Frankly, I feel as if a direct statement over this many months long series of broken interfaces is more than merited. However. I do NOT hold out any hopes that Cryptic will address our issues. How can they? It would involve identifying individuals within their organization who are at fault. The sizable nature of what we are experiencing here is not console exclusive, this is a Star Trek Online problem. This is a Cryptic problem.

Play any other games on consoles like this, DC Universe for instance, and there is no similar issues occurring. The steps that I've attempted to get around their mess aren't of much use other than in a terribly limited capacity.

I do appreciate you adding your voice to this vexing situation. Thank you!
  • oredshirt#7209 oredshirt Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I agree, in house finger pointing will solve nothing. For talk of ten years worth of material to keep producing from you would think longevity in design would be a CRITICAL factor... All network and game design issues aside, it has been obvious for years that continuing on the path of new devs and new partners constantly is only going to continue to stack issues... I laughed at the STO2.0 idea, but uh, I could do without much of any new content for even a couple of years if that is what it takes to get a new title and migration service for existing accounts... I mean something. Anything... Adding content f2p or micro does not improve gamestate, if you never stop to think critically about how to do that, well then you might as well find the nearest brick wall.

Heck if there were an actual communal upheaval I would probably be happy to participate. Unfortunately I am one of those suckers, and I know it, though with fortune I am in a position to be...

I really don't know what else to say, it is just so frustrating sitting here with the little information we have.

I want the 'Today we are moving forward, here is our plan' post.....
    Keeping with twitter is fun. Red alert extended 5 days for what should take five days lol... I tried to run it but got the boot and I wasn't sure if I got reward progress, i just got back on my laptop instead.... but the rainbow tribble... april fools is well past guys come on. status update pppppppppplkewaklfkdjafldllllllleeeeeaaaaaaassssseeeee
    personal honesty, i have been ignorant of my tickets the last hour.... I saw this:

Chancellor Knuckles

Today at 11:06

Thank you for contacting us. This is a mass-reply.

Unfortunately, one of our data centers experienced some technical issues last night and this caused many of our game servers to crash.

This issue was resolved and you should now be able to log in as normal. If the login issue persists, please let us know and we will further investigate your issue.

Thank you for your patience while we resolved this matter and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
    GM Chancellor Knuckles
    Senior Game Master

I have already replied saying that the issue is NOT resolved...
    edited September 2020
    verifiiiiiiiiied, sent a response via ticket system and about to head back over to tweeeter twooter. I will not be copying my ticket message because I got a little excited :)

SERVER DISCONNECTS UNRESOLVED!
    I wonder if I should start another thread...
    I know I haven't mentioned that I appreciate the reply however direct/indirect(AGAIN GET WITH YOUR >COMMUNITY<)
    but it is unreasonable to have to bounce in 3 different places to look for answers... this issue seems HUUUUUUGEEEE... maybe it was too much to ask for a little information TRIBBLE... but is it also too much to ask for centralized information :)

Much Love,
    yours truly
    I have been trying to ask if anyone else is experiencing issues in major social zones, i have gotten one reply and he actually said he has been okay... maybe this isn't an issue for everyone anymore but some people? idk, I just tried again, i made it a whole 7 minutes, quarks holosuite program would be proud ;)
    okay so, I have received more info but kinda vague... there is a bug....

I will say I have noticed in disconnecting that the game chat seems to unwind.... everything turned off seems to spill from npc chat and combat damage log into the main social chat... idk if that has anything to do with it, but I feel like I haven't noticed that before.. idk.... shooting in the dark but we are still6/9 days uptime in the running right now so... that is some seeeeerious booboooo..... if you read this and you haven't already please go to twitter and post up your information.... if you saw my spam on esd and that got you here, sorry :) lets work together people!
    and yes currently the status update is still booboofied....
  • darkstar#8047 darkstar Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I can't even get into the game. Get to the character selection quick as, try to load a char and the connection breaks with a timed out message.
    Managed to get on yesterday but I rubber banded an entire Red Alert where my ship stayed in the same place the entire fight. I couldn't even collect my marks at the end and then I got disconnected. 2 days worth of play now gone, hell all I want to do is get one and get the event quest done and I can't even do that.
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    We could all perpetually post examples like the one that you mention darkstar, and yes I've gotten frozen repeatedly in recent weeks just like that in numerous task force operations; where the others must think that I'm a huge tool for just sitting there throughout the entire fight while they do all of the work?

Star Trek Online is a fun game, even with ample repetition. I don't mind turning my brain off for a few hours a day to destress from the real world; however this broken series of unfortunate events that forever goes unadressed, unacknowledged and left to spin away into the cosmos by Cryptic is not helpful. But I'm sure that the next half dozen expensive ship bundles are alrady being discussed at their planning sessions, right?
    LOL, I have been getting excessive lag even though in the last ten hours I have only dropped maybe 4 times(STO NORMAL HAHAHAHHA)... 4 isn't bad, but the lag while connected is still nutty... I think a lot has to do with all the ridiculous sci visuals, but even in sector space sitting still I am getting sticky menus and all sorts of junk multiple instances on the minute, and I know it isn't me at home...

I would say the whole last two weeks have resolved well, yes, but there has been a need for improvement and it is still getting progressively worse...
    edited September 2020
    It's been 3 days now and I still can't play and still no word at all from the developers, hell I don't even know if they are even trying to rectify anything. It looks to me like they are just saying "Oh dear, how sad, never mind" and flipping us the finger behind their monitors.

It seems that perhaps enough players are still playing for them to not give a carp about the ones that can no longer play. Already missed the Sales day, already missed out of completing the Red Alert and if any more time passes then I won't get the House divided event finished in time, and I have no intention of buying it out just to get it done due to their complete and utter TRIBBLE up.

I've paid a lot of money over the years to this game (yes I know my decision) and to be treated like this by the developers is a real slap in the face for trying to support them and keep the game alive.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I am still able to log in and play, though I have noticed increased rubber-banding at time. Since this thread was posted, I haven't experienced any d/c issues.

I sure hope the Devs take this seriously and figure out why y'all are having these problems, and fix the issue.
    Finally able to play again and the game play is acceptable, though not as good as it used to be, but at a least I can get everything done now, still 5 days behind on the Event, hope I don't run out of time to complete it.
  • mutantcamel#2832 mutantcamel Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I suppose you could probably buy it out if you run out of time, but that action has caused its own share of problems in the recent past. The devs really need to get back in the game.
    I shouldn't have to pay as a result of their stuff up, if I run out of time I will not be happy, but there won't be a lot I can do about it. They should extend the deadline as they have in the past when other events have been inaccessible. The problem is, although this affected a massive amount of players, there were still many that didn't suffer from this issue, so they will probably not side with those that couldn't get in, but with those that could and not extend it this time, which would be very poor customer service.