test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admiralty Changes

foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
Others have proposed autofill for Admiralty, but I don't think that is realistic. Instead I have a few ideas to improve using the system.

First, favorites. Favorite cards you use often, maybe those loner cards or others you frequently use, but also combos of cards you may use often and slot them all at once easily, letting you select them from a smaller, quicker list.

Second, another separate list of ships that is only for the use once cards. I'd also separate them from the main list, but a checkbox to do so would work too.

Finally, add select all/select none buttons to the UI checkboxes that let you select tiers, rarity, etc. I don't use them currently because they are too many clicks to deal with. This could actually be useful for other UI areas too.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    The problem with that though is that most people are going to stick with combinations that they know work, or slot cards that better fit the situation rather than the random one they just picked up as it might not fit the situation.
    I admit I tend to use my normal cards a lot more than the single use ones, especially the three I call the Magic Trio: Samsar, Sarr Theln, and Nandi. Those three are great on ones around 100/100/100, and play off each other as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • p331p331 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind having the option to hide the one time cards so I don't have to slog through them all to find the regular cards.

I can see how they would be useful to someone who repeatedly does admiralty missions one after another right after one completes. However personally I see no reason to use the one time only admiralty cards right away. I tend to only set up admiralty once per day right before I log off and using a one time card would just be a waste for me.

I also realize that one doesn't need to do the missions that reward the one time cards and can avoid the issue all together.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Not true about those single use. Not that it is problem anymore since the free daily Phoenix Boxes are gone that also gave you a single use Replica Phoenix Ship with that Assignment. Those are very situational for use and are not used immediately. A few of my Characters may have between 8-12 of them. Also, unless you bought some Single Use Ships sometimes the only time you know you have single use ships is when you are scrolling through your list to fill an Assignment.

The other thing about Admiralty is that filtering is 180° opposite from Doff Assignment. For Doffs if nothing is checked you see all and to filter you check the specific item. With Admiralty you need to uncheck everything you don't want to see.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I wish I could sell the one use cards for 100 dil each. I have so many permanent ship cards that I never need them.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't use single-use ships right away. I usually save them for "the right moment", whatever that is. :D

There's only one specific combo I use all the time, and that's the one set of event ships that gives ~125 to all three stats, with -60% recovery time. (Kobali Samsar, Breen Sarr Thein, Nandi)

I certainly wouldn't mind being able to tag "favorites", though, so they ended up at the top of the list.
    kiralyn wrote: »
    There's only one specific combo I use all the time, and that's the one set of event ships that gives ~125 to all three stats, with -60% recovery time. (Kobali Samsar, Breen Sarr Thein, Nandi)

I certainly wouldn't mind being able to tag "favorites", though, so they ended up at the top of the list.

Yea. I love that magic trio as well.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Sure a magic set works if you ever do 1 admiralty mission at once but I prefer to do them in bulk when I do them, so having several good ships even if only single use that can be beneficial so that if my preferred combo is unavailable I still can do missions with a reasonable chance of success.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    kiralyn wrote: »

Yea. I love that magic trio as well.

Me too. I named them The Heroic Trio (based on the old Michelle Yeoh movie) long before Discovery came out.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    I do not notice the Single Use Cards until I scroll through the list. I'm not trying to save them on purpose. Like most people, I have favorite combinations I prefer to use regularly.

My XO recommends specific DOffs for specific missions. Why can't my Admiralty Staff do the exact same thing? With an option for me to override their recommendations If I choose to do so.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have enough admiralty ships that I don't use single use except for campaign missions. Why? The cooldowns that would otherwise keep the normal ships from being usable the next day. I can't say I care how Cryptic expects me to use them, life should teach people that how you think people use a thing isn't what they will do with a thing.

The mentioned magic trio is also one of my favorites, but I have a few others I frequently use. On Fed side, the basic tier 2s altogether add up to 46 to all stats with a short 2 hour CD. The tier 4 defiant, galaxy, and intrepid make a nice 76 to all stats combo. There are 0 cooldown combos like the Malem, Vandros, and some third tac ship, usually the Breen Chel'Grett or M'chla/Shran has a 0 cooldown and almost 100 to all stats.
  • skk1701jskk1701j Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    A filter for one time cards is not necessary. Make the Cards stack would help too.
    I have more than 100 one time cards. Why should I use a one time card when I can use the regular first.

Other awesome combos:
    • Kobayashi Maru, Quark’s Triumph, sny ship with -25% per Eng Ship (-90%)
    • 31st Century Temporal Ship Bundle [T6] (Ignores +/- from Events)
    • V.S.S. Tanius
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    skk1701j wrote: »
    A filter for one time cards is not necessary. Make the Cards stack would help too.
    I have more than 100 one time cards. Why should I use a one time card when I can use the regular first.

I don't follow you here. You have more than 100 of these cards but don't want a filter for them? That's incredibly painful to sift through to find your real cards. It's exactly why I want a filter.

Stacking is a great idea too, though I suspect that would take more than just some UI work.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    rattler2 wrote: »
    The problem with that though is that most people are going to stick with combinations that they know work, or slot cards that better fit the situation rather than the random one they just picked up as it might not fit the situation.
    I admit I tend to use my normal cards a lot more than the single use ones, especially the three I call the Magic Trio: Samsar, Sarr Theln, and Nandi. Those three are great on ones around 100/100/100, and play off each other as well.

You know, you could just slot the Hegh and the Romulan Rep ship and get the 100/100/100 pretyy easily. Only time I bothw itht his though is on the 10/10 daily. Most times at the higher number ones like that, I just toss a single ship or pass token at them, unless they have a 1000 or 2000 dil reward on them.

The missions to get the single use one, I tend to toss a single ship or pass token on, just to get them out of the way. The single use one I do end up with. I throw those at low number missions just to be rid of them.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I never proposed for "autofill" but for a single "claim all completed rewards" button, cuts out a third of the clicks so you can start filling in projects immediately after claiming completed ones, it would help if you do admiralty on many characters.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
    trennan wrote: »
    You know, you could just slot the Hegh and the Romulan Rep ship and get the 100/100/100 pretyy easily.

The reason I use those three is not just for the stats.
    Samsar: Engie 74/24/28 -10% Maintenance per TacShip or SciShip
    Sarr Theln: Sci 32/44/50 -10% Maintenance per TacShip or EngShip
    Nandi: Tac 22/60/44 -10% Maintenance per EngShip or SciShip

The stats equal to about 120 something each. But its the modifiers they have that make this the Magic Trio. They all give -10% Maintenance per ship that is not their type. And I have one of each type. So I have one ship's bonus being triggered by two other ships, which in turn do the same. They all play off each other. I'm no number cruncher but I'd say that's pretty good mod stacking. I kinda wanna say overall -60% maintenance... but I don't know how it maths it out.
This discussion has been closed.