test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Are the forums broken for anyone else?

somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 10,222 Arc User
So I've been having a problem on the STO forums for the last two days where, if the box where you type in the text for your post starts getting larger then the default size, instead of the window adjusting to fit, the bottom part of the post box where things like "post discussion, save draft, preview, cancel" are just gets increasingly buried under the banner at the bottom of the page, or just off the bottom of the page entirely, making it impossible to post.

Its happening on both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and only on the Cryptic forums. Its making posting anything with a bulleted list or similar impossible.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Yup, same here. Good job articulating the problem, I would have just been like, "Uhh, the post button thingie gets buried under the whatchamacallit"
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Same here, yes.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    I also experienced this last week.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    New feature or did the text box get a growth spurt? heh
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    I can confirm the same thing has been happening to me since Saturday (Australia time). I use Google Chrome (latest version) as my internet browser.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Same here too. Having to F5 to return the screen to normal.
    @darkbladejk @wingedhussar#7584 can you escalate this with @ambassadorkael#6946
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue and I use both Chome and Edge
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    The bottom of posts being cut off is a pain in the rear, but I am glad it is not just me. I thought something in my browser managed to break.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Can confirm it happens to me too if I post anything of any length.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,501 Arc User
    Same here, lately I have had to refresh the page to get the Post Comment button back where it can be pressed.
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    thought something odd the other day, when I couldn't hit the post button
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Broken for me too.

Tip: you can use the TAB key to get to the off-screen [ Post Comment ] button.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Wonder if this is a generic fault ie the same for Neverwinter too or just STO
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yup. Using Firefox and experiencing the same issue.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    can one of you get me a screenshot of what you're seeing? depending on what it is I know you can hold the ctrl button and scroll your mouse wheel up or down to enlarge or shrink certain items
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    So I've been having a problem on the STO forums for the last two days where, if the box where you type in the text for your post starts getting larger then the default size, instead of the window adjusting to fit, the bottom part of the post box where things like "post discussion, save draft, preview, cancel" are just gets increasingly buried under the banner at the bottom of the page, or just off the bottom of the page entirely, making it impossible to post.

Its happening on both Firefox and Microsoft Edge, and only on the Cryptic forums. Its making posting anything with a bulleted list or similar impossible.

Yup, same problem here. If I zoom in with my browser, I can compensate.

Funny thing is - I actually tried to get my adblocker to try to hide that bar - but that just means the page ends earlier, it still ends up cut off.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    screenshot%202020-09-14%2013.50.55.png?dl=1

Here's mine. Did numbers to show how many lines I can get before it starts cutting off. Note I'm using Firefox.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,501 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    screenshot%202020-09-14%2013.50.55.png?dl=1

Here's mine. Did numbers to show how many lines I can get before it starts cutting off. Note I'm using Firefox.

Mine looks the same using Edge. I have not tried to actually log in using using Brave so I have not posted anything using it lately (the forum software is rather iffy in sending the passcode so I don't want to log out in Edge and log in with Brave if I can help it), but viewing the forum with it has the same odd wobbles as it does logged in on Edge lately so I suspect it would be the same, especially since both are chrome based.
    I use Google Chrome.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    I use Edge on my PC and Chrome on my phone and both have this issue, at first I thought it was an issue with my phone but now it seems it's the forums that's broken.
  • tagentagen Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    Also, does anyone know whether the forum site came up as "not secure" before in Chrome? Still showing as https, but now I get an alert and I'm not sure it was like that before I started seeing the text box issue.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    can one of you get me a screenshot of what you're seeing? depending on what it is I know you can hold the ctrl button and scroll your mouse wheel up or down to enlarge or shrink certain items
    Heres what the text box looks like normally. You can see the "preview/save draft/post comment" buttons fine.
    h7Kk9DL.png
    Here is what it looks like when the text box gets bigger. As you can see, the text box is larger, so large that its going off the bottom of the screen, but the scroll bar is still pegged at the bottom, making it impossible to scroll down further to see the "preview/save draft/post comment" buttons. Making it impossible to post a comment if the text box gets too large. The page isn't adjusting for the text box size, and is instead just tossing it off the bottom.
    2iIYsxW.png
    I tired using ctrl + the scroll wheel to shrink the page, and it just shrinks the page with the bottom part of the text box still sliding off the bottom of the page. So that doesn't help.

That's happening to me now as I type this post. I can't even see the submit button because the footer is covering the bottom controls. Using the TAB key however pushes that up past the footer.

EDIT: It's also happening with the header. After posting this I hit HOME and the page went up but the bread crumb bar and other things were hidden by the header.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
    tagen wrote: »
    Also, does anyone know whether the forum site came up as "not secure" before in Chrome? Still showing as https, but now I get an alert and I'm not sure it was like that before I started seeing the text box issue.

It's showing as not secure for me too
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Same here.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.