test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I'm a Temporal Refugee Now...

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    The problem stems from the fact the game was built around two opposing factions. Many things in game are dependant on that faction identifier, such as not being able to go to certain locations because you're Fed or KDF, Ker'rat and Otha being open PvP zones that are dependant on faction, ect. I doubt a Romulan or Jem'Hadar who refuses to pick an ally can participate in TFOs because they aren't flagged as Fed or KDF, and they sure as hell wouldn't be able to go places that require either Fed or KDF indentifiers like Qo'nos or ESD.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    Careful ... this sounds like some awful spinoff CBS might catch wind of and produce ..
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    Careful ... this sounds like some awful spinoff CBS might catch wind of and produce ..

You now owe me a laptop cleaning. 'Cause after I read this, I spit my beer everywhere. Thanks for laugh. Much appreciated. Not nearly enough of laughter and fun around here most days.

You, Madam/Sir have just been added to my Big List of Good Guys!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • unotetsuunotetsu Member Posts: 660 Arc User

Klingon spy disguised as human (Koloth as a precedence) captures Federation ship and commands it alongside his fellow Klingons. Remainder of Federation crew struggles to survive as prisoners of the Empire. I'd actually watch that.

Even better they use the augment virus as a cover so nobody questions that they are "klingons"...

BRILLIANT!!!
    I must warn you, I am quite Isane! I am Grand Duchess of the Abh Empire: Beneej Letopanyu Spoor!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »

Klingon spy disguised as human (Koloth as a precedence) captures Federation ship and commands it alongside his fellow Klingons. Remainder of Federation crew struggles to survive as prisoners of the Empire. I'd actually watch that.

Even better they use the augment virus as a cover so nobody questions that they are "klingons"...

BRILLIANT!!!

I could watch a 10-part story arc like that. A series does not have to have multiple seasons to be successful. It just needs a solid story that needs more than meaningfully spans 10 episodes. with a solid beginning, middle and ending. That is one of the beautiful things about delivering content via on-demand streaming. A story can be as long as it needs to be. No time slots to conform to. If an episode needs to be longer than an hour, then there would be no network execs saying it can't.

Their animated Trek unit might be able to pull that off, but CBS has already tried it with Kurtzman's bunch and it turned out very very dull and predictable (the Voq/Ash Tyler stuff).
  • dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Characters in the 23rd Century AOY and Discovery starter eras used to be able to participate in TFOs and events ques. Access to events and TFOs were removed from characters still in the 23rd century to force them into the 25th century, if they want to do TFOs and event ques. Sorry don't remember when the changes were made.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Basically all the changes to this game since our current EP took over looks like a gradual transition to having just one faction at max level. Which hopefully is the case because I mean this tutorial stuff there is a great purpose for it but also it hinders someone who has been fighting for 10 years in the span of two years against every single enemy combatant in the alpha, beta, gamma, and delta quadrant plus the iconians, mirror universe, and temporal cold war lol. So at this point its like okay Vice Admiral or Dahar Master can you demonstrate how to fix a food replicator or how to pick up a bat'leth?

As for temporal refugees when you took Daniels extended hand you then accepted everything that comes with it. So you get out there and you fix that food replicator and pick up that bat'leth and chop at that klingon escape pod until it starts working if you can find one.
This discussion has been closed.