test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus instances

misanthrope#6636 misanthrope Member Posts: 84 Arc User
Regarding the "instances" in the new romulus adventure zone such as the mountain base, the caves, and the power plant, they need to be tweaked regarding a certain aspect. Example: I do the first mountain base quest in the new romulus story arc that requires me to clear out the Tal Shiar and shutdown their base, I complete the mission, leave the instance and next mission requires me to go back into the mountain instance just to view a shuttle recording but surprise, all the enemies have respawned and it's only been a minute or two since I first left the instance! In fact just today I did the power plant mission and had to clear out the tholians and shutdown the power plant, I completed that and I signaled D'tan that it was clear and went through that conversation with him inside the power plant instance but then I forgot to submit report inside there (which is stupid) before I left so I had to go back in there kill all the enemies AGAIN and do the instance mission to shutdown the powerplant again JUST to submit the report to finish the episode mission. And I was out of the instance for literally like one minute and the enemies respawned, stop making the enemies insta-respawn in these instances, it's hell having to go back in there again and kill everything just because of the next follow-up mission or because we forgot something!

Comments

• borgus1122borgus1122 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    That I agree. So now is that you must do 1 mission twice, just to for example Mountainbase to get recordings from shuttle. They should combine this two "missions" togethe, like when you finish (clear out) Mountainbase, you get instantly submission to retrieve shuttle recordings.
    And other thing is, that they should put back New Romulus missions like for: Vestam peaks, Paleoh Crater,... (Like they have been there from release of Romulan story arch. Now those instances are just redundant. I miss nanov tagging and other things that you could do on New Romulus before.
    And as for game itself, the story archs have no head and no tail. Missions are overlaping eachother like, you do story arch mission for let's say New Romulus, than you get mission for Iconian arch or Dyson arch. It's like, you get through Iconian arch on New Romulus for Dyson sphere, or Iconian story, before you discover Iconian Gateway on New Romulus. Than you go through Dyson story arch, and you discover Gateway on New Romulus after you have been through. Mission order is totally messed up (for every story arch).
  • time2walktime2walk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Yes, I thought the mission had bugged. I found it incredibly annoying and it made no sense. I thought the mission had bugged at first, but then it happened again in the Tholian cave. I understand that there are non-story missions available that you can elect to do, but it seems to me that the designers were just stuck on how to exploit the New Romulus, which in itself is quite interesting (although would it *kill* D'Tan to make a golf cart available to shuttle you around until your pattern is in the transporter, or send your pattern ahead by e-mail to the other locations?).

And yes, the story arcs have been shifted around so much that they don't always make sense anymore, but I can live with that.
    Boldly going forward, cause we can't find reverse