test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Size of the Fleet Cardenas Command Dreadnought Cruiser (and its non-fleet counterpart the Buran)

midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
edited September 2020 in The Art of Star Trek Online
That ship is tiny for a Command Dreadnought. Please increase the size so it reflects what a Dreadnought should look like. At least 3 to 5 times its current size.
Post edited by midevilchaos#4670 on

Comments

• Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    That ship is tiny for a Command Dreadnought. Please increase the size so it reflects what a Dreadnought should look like. At least 1.5 to 2 times its current size.

Well the Cardenas is a canon ship seen in TV in DSC so the size is "fixed", so there's not much for Cryptic work with scaling wise (and you can't rescale the Buran without either breaking or rescaling Cardenas due to them sharing the rig).

and as far I know DSC ships don't have as much scaling issues that Klingon BoP or the Defiant had.
  • Options
    midevilchaos#4670 midevilchaos Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    spiritborn wrote: »
    That ship is tiny for a Command Dreadnought. Please increase the size so it reflects what a Dreadnought should look like. At least 1.5 to 2 times its current size.

Well the Cardenas is a canon ship seen in TV in DSC so the size is "fixed", so there's not much for Cryptic work with scaling wise (and you can't rescale the Buran without either breaking or rescaling Cardenas due to them sharing the rig).

and as far I know DSC ships don't have as much scaling issues that Klingon BoP or the Defiant had.

Canon or not, it doesn't matter imho. Many people literally purchase the ship. So, I personally don't care whether it's to scale with the "real" thing, as actual money is spent. Otherwise, what's the point of buying a Dreadnought if it's as big as a normal Cruiser? You know what I mean? And to be fair, 99.99% of people won't know whether it's to scale or not.
    Post edited by midevilchaos#4670 on