test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Daemosh Destroyer

mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
Hey everybody :) hope this is the right (or less wrong) section for this. I'm at the "Time & Tide" go to New Khitomer mission; those daemosh destroyer's are really tough. I got through the Iconian war pretty good but since then and now those ships its really a losing battle. Getting hit with half my ships health worth of damage just ends the fight in seconds. I can stay away from their bow quarter but when 1 on radar splits into two just as I approach its all over with just them down to 95% or so. I must be doing something wrong.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Kill the decoy one when it appears, that'll make things much easier.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    yep I think it's called shadow or somesuch. it's made of cardboard so kill it and then the real ship
    Spock.jpg

• mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Thanks everybody. It's called "Distortion" by the way. That goes down fairly easily but comes right back and then same. I think its my ship and tech actually. T5u ($10) and gear from the Iconian arc. Since this I've done some reading about the tech jumps. I've only played the Episodes so it seems my XII gear may be the problem; good enough for the last one but not this one.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    No, your issue isn't your ship or your gear. Unless you've somehow changed your difficulty above normal, a T5U with mk 12 rainbow mission reward gear is more than capable of handling that mission.

Don't upgrade what you have, if you've gotten all of it from missions, most of it is not even worth upgrading. Obviously upgrading it would help, but not to the degree you need it to help.

Your problem is your tactics. The main problem is almost certainly for some reason you're not noticing them charging up their plasma wave and then you get hit by it. You have to move out of it. I think the destroyers also have a pretty devastating anti-shield cloud which is hard to see when you're in it, but you're almost certainly going to find yourself in it.

What you need to do is keep moving, make sure your weapon power is at maximum and put the rest in engine if you need to. Chances are you don't have good engines if they are mission rewards, so you may need to hit evasive maneuvers. Staying closer to the ship also makes it a lot easier to move out of the cone. And of course, shoot the distortions as soon as they appear.

There are probably a number of things that could be improved with your build and ship, but that doesn't matter if you're standing in the fire, as it were.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,212 Arc User
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > No, your issue isn't your ship or your gear. Unless you've somehow changed your difficulty above normal, a T5U with mk 12 rainbow mission reward gear is more than capable of handling that mission.
    >
    > Don't upgrade what you have, if you've gotten all of it from missions, most of it is not even worth upgrading. Obviously upgrading it would help, but not to the degree you need it to help.
    >
    > Your problem is your tactics. The main problem is almost certainly for some reason you're not noticing them charging up their plasma wave and then you get hit by it. You have to move out of it. I think the destroyers also have a pretty devastating anti-shield cloud which is hard to see when you're in it, but you're almost certainly going to find yourself in it.
    >
    > What you need to do is keep moving, make sure your weapon power is at maximum and put the rest in engine if you need to. Chances are you don't have good engines if they are mission rewards, so you may need to hit evasive maneuvers. Staying closer to the ship also makes it a lot easier to move out of the cone. And of course, shoot the distortions as soon as they appear.
    >
    > There are probably a number of things that could be improved with your build and ship, but that doesn't matter if you're standing in the fire, as it were.

You underestimate what players use sometimes. The other day someone was complaining about getting slaughtered in story missions by I think the Voth and they were using Mk2 and Mk1 gear in a lot of their slots. No not leveless gear literally mark 1 and 2. A ship with stuff like that WILL fail for the average person.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    If you haven't leveled up R&D crafting, you can buy Mark 2 VR beam arrays of one single type like Phasers or Disruptors from the exchange for a reasonable price then level them up with Phoenix tech upgrades. You can re-engineer most mods but you're stuck with [ Thrust ], [ Snare ] and [ PVP ] forever so don't buy beams with those mods. You can also buy Mark 2 VR tactical consoles - get the specific energy type like Phaser not the generic "beam" or "cannon" ones.
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > No, your issue isn't your ship or your gear. Unless you've somehow changed your difficulty above normal, a T5U with mk 12 rainbow mission reward gear is more than capable of handling that mission.
    >
    > Don't upgrade what you have, if you've gotten all of it from missions, most of it is not even worth upgrading. Obviously upgrading it would help, but not to the degree you need it to help.
    >
    > Your problem is your tactics. The main problem is almost certainly for some reason you're not noticing them charging up their plasma wave and then you get hit by it. You have to move out of it. I think the destroyers also have a pretty devastating anti-shield cloud which is hard to see when you're in it, but you're almost certainly going to find yourself in it.
    >
    > What you need to do is keep moving, make sure your weapon power is at maximum and put the rest in engine if you need to. Chances are you don't have good engines if they are mission rewards, so you may need to hit evasive maneuvers. Staying closer to the ship also makes it a lot easier to move out of the cone. And of course, shoot the distortions as soon as they appear.
    >
    > There are probably a number of things that could be improved with your build and ship, but that doesn't matter if you're standing in the fire, as it were.

You underestimate what players use sometimes. The other day someone was complaining about getting slaughtered in story missions by I think the Voth and they were using Mk2 and Mk1 gear in a lot of their slots. No not leveless gear literally mark 1 and 2. A ship with stuff like that WILL fail for the average person.

I'm taking the poster at their word that they have mk 12 stuff.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Thanks everybody. It's called "Distortion" by the way. That goes down fairly easily but comes right back and then same. I think its my ship and tech actually. T5u ($10) and gear from the Iconian arc. Since this I've done some reading about the tech jumps. I've only played the Episodes so it seems my XII gear may be the problem; good enough for the last one but not this one.

I've used Mk XII gear and not had problems with the Daemosh.

Not sure I was in a T5U, but that shouldn't have been a problem as those are almost as good as T6
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mikecobalt#1974 mikecobalt Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Yes I actually do know about moving away when their plasma weapon charges as I stated (I can stay away from their bow quarter); and that Is... what I'm using Evade for. That cloud thing I may have missed that and something else (Torpedo Cloud?) also about half my health. I actually did get passed that fight but not really in any *Concise, way (I was looking over a deflector dish I just received if it was better then attacked). Rushing that DD and the "Still there" Krenim ship the Destroyer went down. Now on to defending the array. I've been trying not to mix the ships tech that may have slowed my progress a bit but yes its all from Episode rewards and drops. Now it seems I need to step out of that and try to find a way to the more advanced gear rewards; my XII and 2 XIII gear nolonger cuts it (Except with some lucky Guile as Worf would say in a similar situation :) ).
    Given that might be the first time you fought one of those ships, you just need to learn to fight them, learn their tricks, what to watch for and so on. Go through that mission a few times and you'll get better at fighting them. But again I say your gear is fine, not that you shouldn't want to upgrade it, but that you shouldn't be blaming it, assuming it is all mk 12ish. Upgrading it to mk 15 isn't really going to change the outcome much.

However, you'll probably notice it gets more expensive quickly to upgrade past mk 12, so you probably want to wait on that. What you want to do is start looking at reputation and/or fleet gear if you haven't yet. The reputation grind takes a while being timegated, and also takes time and effort to get all the marks you need.

There are a few good items from missions, but you're going to want to put together a cogent build to stress the strengths you want to focus on and leave out the things you don't.
This discussion has been closed.