test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Need ship pack recommendation

littlemikey#8141 littlemikey Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi guys, I have some Zen to spend and I'm currently trying to decide between buying the Command Battlecruiser bundle and the Faction Flagship bundle. Does anyone have recommendations for which pack is better?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Command Battlecruisers: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Command_Battlecruiser

I'm not that fond of the Inspiration mechanic, and these ships are slow turning space-sloths.

All Hands On Deck (tactical ships) is a nice trait to have for speeding up Science and captain powers recharge, but for captain powers it was nerfed by the 50% global cooldown limit - https://www.reddit.com/r/stobuilds/comments/ag3dr3/use_this_less_all_hands_on_deck/

Flagship bundle: https://sto.gamepedia.com/index.php?search=faction+flagship+bundle&title=Special:Search&go=Go

They're more fun to fly for me.

Science has Checkmate - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Checkmate

Tactical has Super Charged Weapons, nice to have if you use a torpedo - https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trait:_Super_Charged_Weapons

If you still can't decide, Space Barbie is the real endgame so look at the ship pictures and decide which ones look the best to you :)
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Actually the command battlecruisers have higher turn rate and inertia than the flagships. My Ty'gokor spins like a top with the extra turn rate I put onto it. The inspiration mechanic, while meh, is something they do have over the flagships.

Flagships have the better consoles and the better traits, in my opinion.

Also of note, the Fed flagships are entirely redundant with the Legendary Oddy, if that is on your list of things to acquire, or already have even. That wouldn't help your KDF characters, of course.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I would have to go with the Flagship Bundle.

Honestly, the only ship in the Command Bundle that's really all that great is the Presidio, the Geneva is ok, I actually kind of enjoy the Improved Tachyon Beam Trait, but the Concorde is hot garbage.

All 3 of the Flagships are good ships, they have an excellent console set, they kit bash nicely (so do the Command Ships) and they just feel more refined since they're newer ships. Plus they come with that sweet sweet bridge.

I love the Presidio, I fly one on an alt and I love the way it looks and flies, but that's the only one of the pack that really feels worth it. If you're going with a bundle, Flagship hands down.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Actually the command battlecruisers have higher turn rate and inertia than the flagships. My Ty'gokor spins like a top with the extra turn rate I put onto it. The inspiration mechanic, while meh, is something they do have over the flagships.

Huh, I'm surprised. I must have flown the command ones without full pilot spec or turn consoles, and had a better build with the flagships.

Next you'll be telling me the Kobali Samsar isn't coated in molasses for extra ponderousness.

• Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    They're both quite good.

CBCs can use fighter pets, dual cannons and have a pretty decent console set if you like to hold and control an area(especially if you have the 4th one from the event ship for the 4-set); Flagships probably look/kitbash a bit nicer and the Yorktown gets Sensor Analysis. Traits for both sets are a mixed bag; none of them are really 'meta', but there are some pretty useful ones for niche playstyles mixed in.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Vesta!
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    Seriously though, don't worry about performance.

Any player can learn to use any ship (ok, at least any T6 ship) to play like 99% of the content in this game.

Pick the ship you think will be most fun to fly or the one that looks best to you.

There's no point in choosing a ship that you're not really going to enjoy or don't really like. Though performance will probably influence how much you like the ship, as stated above that criterion shouldn't have any serious implications and can basically be deemed irrelevant.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    szerontzur wrote: »
    They're both quite good.

CBCs can use fighter pets, dual cannons and have a pretty decent console set if you like to hold and control an area(especially if you have the 4th one from the event ship for the 4-set); Flagships probably look/kitbash a bit nicer and the Yorktown gets Sensor Analysis. Traits for both sets are a mixed bag; none of them are really 'meta', but there are some pretty useful ones for niche playstyles mixed in.

Hm, didn't think of the cannon restriction (which has to be abandoned imo, it serves no purpose).

Single cannons would be somewhat of an option if the OP prefers the Flagships but does like the cannon visuals.

• Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    if you are looking fed only, they yes the command ships. if you are sprining for the mega bundle, the flagships because .. Scimitard(s)
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    if you are looking fed only, they yes the command ships. if you are sprining for the mega bundle, the flagships because .. Scimitard(s)

Don't move and say cheese!

*casts Faileron Pulse*
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    littlemikey#8141 littlemikey Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thanks for the advice guys!
This discussion has been closed.