test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Inquiry class(Riker's ship) from Picard is coming to a promo-pack near you!

Comments

• voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    This tweet is getting some 'interesting' replise :p

It has a turn rate of 8.
    It has a hull mod of 1.45 and shield mod of 1.15
    It has 4 tactical slots and lt. cmdr tactical seating

It is clearly not the fastest (plenty with better maneuverability), the toughest (the cardenas is discovery era, and it has 1.54 and 1.32 modifiers), or the most powerful (it has, at most, 5 tac consoles) ship the STO federation has ever put into service.

The Inquiry-class is a C-store ship, overall. Many of the latest promo ships have been.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Does anyone else think the next two SF ships should be: one that looks Vulcan designed (like those 3 RR ships), and one that looks Tellarite designed?
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    This year of the Klingon thing seems like a bit of a letdown. Another paywall Fed ship...and one of the ST:P copy-pasta grotesqueries at that. Huzzah! 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    The SOLUTION to this is STO implementing as BattlePass system much like many other FTP games. Have ships like promo ships be tied to the battlepasses as well as Zen and dilithium and EC and crew rewards etc etc. Id gladly pay for a battlepass that is seperate from other ingame purchases.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    The SOLUTION to this is STO implementing as BattlePass system much like many other FTP games. Have ships like promo ships be tied to the battlepasses as well as Zen and dilithium and EC and crew rewards etc etc. Id gladly pay for a battlepass that is seperate from other ingame purchases.

Only problem with this idea is that BattlePass' usually require you to play EVERYDAY to get the "good" rewards. If I can take SOME breaks and still earn the rewards fine, but even I can't play STO that much.

Also, just want to say I find it funny that they didn't bother creating an official forum post for the ship, they KNEW it would be shat on.
    mysonne1 wrote: »

Only problem with this idea is that BattlePass' usually require you to play EVERYDAY to get the "good" rewards. If I can take SOME breaks and still earn the rewards fine, but even I can't play STO that much.

Also, just want to say I find it funny that they didn't bother creating an official forum post for the ship, they KNEW it would be shat on.

You dont need to play everday ... Most battlepasses have something like 30-40 stages and then offer another 30-40-100 stages of bonuses ... could be straight up Dilithium here. You dont need to play everyday. I mean for those who play more .. then ya, they should get more rewards .. thats how that works :)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

Thank you! That's quite a potent combo to be honest!

Thanks for posting the link :)

Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.

Its is potenitally rather OP, if built right, to be honest. As has already been said, probably not quite Vaadwaur Juggernaught OP, but it's still looks a pretty darn potent ship!

It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... i think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2020
    strathkin wrote: »
    As someone before me said, a nice Promo Ship be STO DEVs take on the Titan
    The Titan was stated to be a Prometheus Class ship in the Decipher RPG supplement material, and a Luna Class ship in the Titan novel series. Both ship classes are already in-game.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Luna_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel
    Perhaps the Titan we'll see in CSTORE, though one ship I was always surprised, that never got CSTORE treatment was the Typhoon?
    Cryptic has pretty much removed the Typhoon from the game, except in one or two missed instances. The ship was replaced with several other Battlecruiser type ships.

I think they never added it to the C-store because they always intended to remove it from the game at some point. IIRC, they mentioned several times years ago that they never liked the way it looked.

I'm familiar with Luna Class, as I meant to imply, we've not seen a T6 Titan (redesign) as many have asked of the T6 Nova as well. As someone else pointed out, there has been fewer CSTORE ships released in 2020.

Most of my comment above really was focused on this point, that there was only a whole fleet of these ships around Riker, so really how rare are they; as someone else tweeted to their announcement.

V52BJtr.png

Still I'm shocked by the Universal Console, being given to the first Intel Ships now. :#
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.

Its is potenitally rather OP, if built right, to be honest. As has already been said, probably not quite Vaadwaur Juggernaught OP, but it's still looks a pretty darn potent ship!
    It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... (Reference to early quote - Vaadwaur Juggernaught) ...I think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)

Yea a KDF T6 MW Gagarin Equivalent at least be a 3rd fine ship to offer; as Romulans could fly one based on their allied Faction at least. ;)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    This year of the Klingon thing seems like a bit of a letdown. Another paywall Fed ship...and one of the ST:P copy-pasta grotesqueries at that. Huzzah! 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yup...month in and KDF already getting shafted. I think they called it "The Year of the Klingon" just to pretty things up a bit and get some peoples attention before they sell a large legendary ship pack like the Feds got. Feds they knew would get attention but they're trying to hook some more people into making KDF characters before they launch the Klingon version
  • cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I mean, what the heck is this mess?
    (...)
    Is that supposed to be a deflector? It just looks like whoever designed the ship decided not to bother since that part of the ship wouldn't be visible in the episode and lost interest!

GXunAEw.jpeg

Here you are wrong . There was a "snippet" how it looks:

l4ucwdgpcrk0.jpg

2aio2cjjsu6y.jpg

The STO Model is very accurate ...

And i really LOVE that design..

The entire Ship looks amazing. And yeah i will get it (surely via exchange and even it is way too expansive there)..

Beside this, i am angry too, that they dind´t come in c-store.. But yeah, this is my most wanted ship so far..

2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    As someone before me said, a nice Promo Ship be STO DEVs take on the Titan
    The Titan was stated to be a Prometheus Class ship in the Decipher RPG supplement material, and a Luna Class ship in the Titan novel series. Both ship classes are already in-game.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Luna_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel
    Perhaps the Titan we'll see in CSTORE, though one ship I was always surprised, that never got CSTORE treatment was the Typhoon?
    Cryptic has pretty much removed the Typhoon from the game, except in one or two missed instances. The ship was replaced with several other Battlecruiser type ships.

I think they never added it to the C-store because they always intended to remove it from the game at some point. IIRC, they mentioned several times years ago that they never liked the way it looked.

I'm familiar with Luna Class, as I meant to imply, we've not seen a T6 Titan (redesign) as many have asked of the T6 Nova as well. As someone else pointed out, there has been fewer CSTORE ships released in 2020.

Most of my comment above really was focused on this point, that there was only a whole fleet of these ships around Riker, so really how rare are they; as someone else tweeted to their announcement.

V52BJtr.png

Still I'm shocked by the Universal Console, being given to the first Intel Ships now. :#
    gaevsman wrote: »

It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... (Reference to early quote - Vaadwaur Juggernaught) ...I think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)

Yea a KDF T6 MW Gagarin Equivalent at least be a 3rd fine ship to offer; as Romulans could fly one based on their allied Faction at least.

I may be wrong but I think when they released the Gagarin they made the Qugh for us(flying omelette) with MW sit

edit: here is the link on that ship:

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qugh_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser

found the bundle that introduced them I think:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

the blog was in early feb 2019
    Post edited by lordmerc22 on
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    That's kinda TRIBBLE given that it doesn't fit the criteria for a lockbox or promo ship. Really should have been a C-Store ship.

Art looks nice though.

yeah. I'm not going out of my way for it.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I think the ship looks good given it's amount of screen-time in Picard.

I like the pedigree of the Inquiry from the Avenger & Arbiter & with that being said, Cryptic's "If you also own the Fleet Avenger or Arbiter-class Battlecruiser [T6], the Inquiry-class Battlecruiser may use those visual customization options as well!." imo this is just more of Cryptic's not taking an extra small-step for the player. It's a Promo gamble starship for crying out loud, include the other 2 ship skins to complete the set, that wouldn't had harmed anything given they're older ships anyways.

I think the hull & shield modifiers, energy distribution, BOFF layout & console layout are all good.

Innovation Mechanics is never my favorite since there's a randomness to the triggered result.

I actually like the idea of the starship trait & console, but as with most the execution of the implementation matters more & if it can be used in tandem with others.

I don't plan to gamble for it though, just too tired of losing, but good luck to those that do.
    edited September 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think when they released the Gagarin they made the Qugh for us(flying omelette) with MW sit

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

Yea you are right, I completely forget, which is a shock, cause I have one; I just don't fly in Fleet version for my KDF.

REASON:
    I was really quite SAD, the Klingons never got a Modernized Hull, that only seem to go to the Federation Gagarin. Perhaps that's why you call it the flying omelette too... :'(

Still a Good catch, yet would love to see a T6 Titan Revamp, or a T6 Nova be nice! I'd even love a variant of the Nova offered for the KDF too...

<3:o
    0zxlclk.png
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Meh.... it's in an RNG slot machine box.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    lordmerc22 wrote: »

Yea you are right, I completely forget, which is a shock cause I actually have one I don't fly in Fleet. Just not a fan of the Ship's Hull, wish they gave the Klingon version, a Modernized revision the Federation received. :'(

Still a Good catch, yet would love to see a T6 Titan Revamp, or a T6 Nova be nice! I'd even love a variant of the Nova offered for the KDF too... ...and don't get me started about T6 Dyson Class. <3:o

Yes for the Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice they used to make either a crossfaction(see like Vaadwaur Jugger) or have multiple ships to cover factions(like Durgath/Valkis/Temporal Heavy Dread) but they changed and now its mostly federation ships with potential to be popular. It may be a sign that STO/Cryptic finances have gone downhill too. They had the cost of developing a new game too, I guess, but regardless I dont like it where it is going with all these
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    USS Copy 'n Paste.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Sadly a very underwhelming ship.
    Doesn't belong in a box/pack, should just have been a regular store ship.
    Also, another one faction ship added to pack that usually contain something for all factions?? Come on now... ;(
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • lordkerdochlordkerdoch Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    So I'm assuming this will now be usable by Klingons and the KDF, since it is the Year of Klingon after all. Amirite?
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Year of the Klingon...here have a fed only promo ship with an ABSOLUTELY OP trait that all you KDF players have ZERO access to. Sound fair...right? I mean it is called year of the KLINGON...oh...yeah maybe that was a bad idea. Cryptic seems HELL BENT on making sure I never spend money with them it seems.

Should have been a dual ship, you can unpack it as the Inquiry or the Romulan Warbird from Picard, and there you have something that justifies to be in the R&D promotion box.. it would still be complains, but at least would have added worth..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    So I'm assuming this will now be usable by Klingons and the KDF, since it is the Year of Klingon after all. Amirite?

Still restricted to TOS, Discovery, 25th century Feds and Fed-aligned Romulans and Jem'hadar.

I honestly do not get why people think they're getting much more than what Cryptic probably wanted to do with the Klingons during this "year of Klingon" update:

- We get a remaster of the early Klingon storyline to take advantage of the cutscene animations and the better environmental maps that have been coming out recently
    - We get a touch up of an important planet that new players visit during their Klingon tutorial
    - Character creation for Klingons get touched up and 2 new ridges got added
    - Various NPCs got updated to look closer to the quality of the Klingons like Kurn and Martok
    - canon ship models getting touch ups to better match up what we see on screen.

People want a Klingon version of the Legendary ship pack seem to want it mostly just to have one for the Klingon faction. They mentioned that doing the 10 ships they did for the anniversary this year was pretty time consuming, so even if they did a pack for the Klingons and started now, it would likely be a while before you guys would see it and it would also mean that few other C-store ships would be released during this time. The pack also would be like the Legendary Federation pack in that it would not be available all the time, so there's that to consider.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • dragon#2626 dragon Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    Am I the only one who thinks the class name is almost painfully banal?
    I swim through a sea of stars. . . .
  • ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Another ugly NuTrek ship.

The USS Copy and Paste looks just as bad in the game as it did in the show, and while it's probably been said numerous times before it bares repeating, you'd think hyping up a year long event called "Year of the Klingon" would get us more Klingon ships or KDF Ally (Gorn, Naucican, Lethean, Origon, etc) ships.
    Yea I think Kael has been very consistent in his message, and I'm paraphrasing what he said, as I think it's focus is the Episodes &/or Patrols that focus on the Klingon Story...

That being the Klingon Civil War mostly!
    0zxlclk.png
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    I get the feeling that like the La Sirena, this ship is going to do poorly. I'm sure their intent is to try and boost this quarter's profits but... I don't see it being very effective at that. Lockbox and Promo boxes have been steadily climbing downward in game for a while now, and Promo its pretty obvious they don't seem to realize like what belongs as a promo, this is possibly the worst ship they've tossed into a promo yet, not because its bad necessarily(There are a couple of other promo ships that might be considered worse due to MW), but more that... this is very obviously a C Store ship. Its an upgraded version of the old Avenger/Arbiter class. That's it. Not a single special thing, hell this isn't even a weird alien ship there isn't an excuse for it to be in her like you could argue for the La Sirena. Its just straight up a federation ship. It'd be like if they tossed the Galaxy Class into a promo box.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
This discussion has been closed.