test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Inquiry class(Riker's ship) from Picard is coming to a promo-pack near you!

1235714

Comments

  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 3,434 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

    Thank you! That's quite a potent combo to be honest!

    Thanks for posting the link :)

    Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

    And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

    It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

    [3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,223 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Looks like miracle worker.

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477813-command-the-inquiry-class-battlecruiser!

    Not bad at all paired with intel but from first looks it is not a gamebreaker (especialy in light of the costs). :)

    If it had atract fire cruiser command Id think about it for my tank(s) but the way it is it looks just too similar to the gagarin one gets for a much better deal.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Bring it on
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    wishful thinking is not really a reliable source
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,713 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Looks like miracle worker.

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477813-command-the-inquiry-class-battlecruiser!

    Not bad at all but from first looks not a gamebreaker (especialy in light of the costs). :)

    If it had atract fire cruiser command Id think about it for my tank(s) but the way it is it looks just too similar to the gagarin one gets for a much better deal.

    The Boff layout isn't game breaking...but the trait is incredibly powerful and the console is insane for anything that fires from the front.

    And like with the Franklin, KDF gets the shaft and wont get access...more power exclusive to Feds only.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,223 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    lianthelia wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Looks like miracle worker.

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477813-command-the-inquiry-class-battlecruiser!

    Not bad at all but from first looks not a gamebreaker (especialy in light of the costs). :)

    If it had atract fire cruiser command Id think about it for my tank(s) but the way it is it looks just too similar to the gagarin one gets for a much better deal.

    The Boff layout isn't game breaking...but the trait is incredibly powerful and the console is insane for anything that fires from the front.

    And like with the Franklin, KDF gets the shaft and wont get access...more power exclusive to Feds only.

    Yea in best cryptic fashion one is tempted to get thething for trait and console and work on from there. Then again one should wait and see. There is often a bit of a difference how effects read in bolgs compared to how they work out in practice.

    Sadly the trait is locked to eptS so the whole thing mooves a bit from mere DPS towards the tank front. I got so used to eptE by now that I would not want to miss it besides HSE tanking scenarios if at all.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
    Bring it on
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    wishful thinking is not really a reliable source
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,713 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Looks like miracle worker.

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11477813-command-the-inquiry-class-battlecruiser!

    Not bad at all but from first looks not a gamebreaker (especialy in light of the costs). :)

    If it had atract fire cruiser command Id think about it for my tank(s) but the way it is it looks just too similar to the gagarin one gets for a much better deal.

    The Boff layout isn't game breaking...but the trait is incredibly powerful and the console is insane for anything that fires from the front.

    And like with the Franklin, KDF gets the shaft and wont get access...more power exclusive to Feds only.

    Yea in best cryptic fashion one is tempted to get thething for trait and console and work on from there. Then again one should wait and see. There is often a bit of a difference how effects read in bolgs compared to how they work out in practice.

    Sadly the trait is locked to eptS so the whole thing mooves a bit from mere DPS towards the tank front. I got so used to eptE by now that I would not want to miss it besides HSE tanking scenarios if at all.

    Would be great for me since I never really enjoyed zipping around on epts...and I build a little more defensively since I I'm not too bothered by dps (I can do 50k+ in stfs where I've seen players be as low as 2k, so I'm okay). But I primarily play KDF aligned characters these days with my friends...

    I'm starting to wonder if they're gonna take things like this trait, the console, and the Franklin console and put them up on Mudd's market for something insane like 10-12k zen before sale
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,108 Arc User
    This tweet is getting some 'interesting' replise :p


    The-Grand-Nagus
    Join Date: Sep 2008

    og9Zoh0.jpg
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    This is a bunch of $h!t. Putting a common ship that exists in-universe (Not a time traveling ship, not an alien ship, not a novelty ship) breaks the unofficial understanding with the playerbase and is a harbinger of more $h!te to come.

    Nope. TRIBBLE that, and I encourage everyone else to pass this by and show Cryptic that $h!te like this is unacceptable.
    Post edited by welcome2earf on
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,713 Arc User
    This is a bunch of TRIBBLE. Putting a common ship that exists in-universe (Not a time traveling ship, not an alien ship, not a novelty ship) breaks the unofficial understanding with the playerbase and is a harbinger of more sh!te to come.

    Nope. TRIBBLE that, and I encourage everyone else to pass this by and show Cryptic that sh!te like this is unacceptable.

    Unfortunately it wont happen...whales ares till gonna spend money and pull these ships then make billions on the exchange
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • oliverrogerr#5018 oliverrogerr Member Posts: 94 Arc User

    well, that ends my hopes of this ship appearing a thematic pack, along with clothes and other ships of the show ... this type of lockbox is the worst among all other lockboxes to get a ship. what a pity.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    This tweet is getting some 'interesting' replise :p


    It has a turn rate of 8.
    It has a hull mod of 1.45 and shield mod of 1.15
    It has 4 tactical slots and lt. cmdr tactical seating

    It is clearly not the fastest (plenty with better maneuverability), the toughest (the cardenas is discovery era, and it has 1.54 and 1.32 modifiers), or the most powerful (it has, at most, 5 tac consoles) ship the STO federation has ever put into service.

    The Inquiry-class is a C-store ship, overall. Many of the latest promo ships have been.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Does anyone else think the next two SF ships should be: one that looks Vulcan designed (like those 3 RR ships), and one that looks Tellarite designed?
  • megainexoros#5925 megainexoros Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    This year of the Klingon thing seems like a bit of a letdown. Another paywall Fed ship...and one of the ST:P copy-pasta grotesqueries at that. Huzzah! 🤦🏽‍♂️
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    The SOLUTION to this is STO implementing as BattlePass system much like many other FTP games. Have ships like promo ships be tied to the battlepasses as well as Zen and dilithium and EC and crew rewards etc etc. Id gladly pay for a battlepass that is seperate from other ingame purchases.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    The SOLUTION to this is STO implementing as BattlePass system much like many other FTP games. Have ships like promo ships be tied to the battlepasses as well as Zen and dilithium and EC and crew rewards etc etc. Id gladly pay for a battlepass that is seperate from other ingame purchases.

    Only problem with this idea is that BattlePass' usually require you to play EVERYDAY to get the "good" rewards. If I can take SOME breaks and still earn the rewards fine, but even I can't play STO that much.


    Also, just want to say I find it funny that they didn't bother creating an official forum post for the ship, they KNEW it would be shat on.
    _____________________________________________________
    Anyone want to give me a Temporal Heavy Dreadnought pack? I'll be your friend :D
  • mysonne1mysonne1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    gilion wrote: »
    mysonne1 wrote: »
    The SOLUTION to this is STO implementing as BattlePass system much like many other FTP games. Have ships like promo ships be tied to the battlepasses as well as Zen and dilithium and EC and crew rewards etc etc. Id gladly pay for a battlepass that is seperate from other ingame purchases.

    Only problem with this idea is that BattlePass' usually require you to play EVERYDAY to get the "good" rewards. If I can take SOME breaks and still earn the rewards fine, but even I can't play STO that much.


    Also, just want to say I find it funny that they didn't bother creating an official forum post for the ship, they KNEW it would be shat on.

    You dont need to play everday ... Most battlepasses have something like 30-40 stages and then offer another 30-40-100 stages of bonuses ... could be straight up Dilithium here. You dont need to play everyday. I mean for those who play more .. then ya, they should get more rewards .. thats how that works :)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,183 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

    Thank you! That's quite a potent combo to be honest!

    Thanks for posting the link :)

    Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

    And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

    It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.

    Its is potenitally rather OP, if built right, to be honest. As has already been said, probably not quite Vaadwaur Juggernaught OP, but it's still looks a pretty darn potent ship!

    It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... i think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,655 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2020
    strathkin wrote: »
    As someone before me said, a nice Promo Ship be STO DEVs take on the Titan
    The Titan was stated to be a Prometheus Class ship in the Decipher RPG supplement material, and a Luna Class ship in the Titan novel series. Both ship classes are already in-game.

    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Luna_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel
    strathkin wrote: »
    Perhaps the Titan we'll see in CSTORE, though one ship I was always surprised, that never got CSTORE treatment was the Typhoon?
    Cryptic has pretty much removed the Typhoon from the game, except in one or two missed instances. The ship was replaced with several other Battlecruiser type ships.

    I think they never added it to the C-store because they always intended to remove it from the game at some point. IIRC, they mentioned several times years ago that they never liked the way it looked.

    I'm familiar with Luna Class, as I meant to imply, we've not seen a T6 Titan (redesign) as many have asked of the T6 Nova as well. As someone else pointed out, there has been fewer CSTORE ships released in 2020.

    Most of my comment above really was focused on this point, that there was only a whole fleet of these ships around Riker, so really how rare are they; as someone else tweeted to their announcement.

    V52BJtr.png

    Still I'm shocked by the Universal Console, being given to the first Intel Ships now. :#
    gaevsman wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

    Thank you! That's quite a potent combo to be honest!

    Thanks for posting the link :)

    Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

    And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

    It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.

    Its is potenitally rather OP, if built right, to be honest. As has already been said, probably not quite Vaadwaur Juggernaught OP, but it's still looks a pretty darn potent ship!
    It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... (Reference to early quote - Vaadwaur Juggernaught) ...I think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)

    Yea a KDF T6 MW Gagarin Equivalent at least be a 3rd fine ship to offer; as Romulans could fly one based on their allied Faction at least. ;)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,713 Arc User
    This year of the Klingon thing seems like a bit of a letdown. Another paywall Fed ship...and one of the ST:P copy-pasta grotesqueries at that. Huzzah! 🤦🏽‍♂️

    Yup...month in and KDF already getting shafted. I think they called it "The Year of the Klingon" just to pretty things up a bit and get some peoples attention before they sell a large legendary ship pack like the Feds got. Feds they knew would get attention but they're trying to hook some more people into making KDF characters before they launch the Klingon version
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • corinthalascorinthalas Member Posts: 2,178 Arc User
    Look at the releases this year. 9 months in and ONE normal c-store release. Sure, 4 ships but they are all basicly the same ship.

    A super expensive legendary pack, a Legendary ship, and everything else was lockbox/promo.

    It's pretty clear they are only interested in making content for money, which is the result of the "free to play" model.

    I'd much rather pay a subscription fee and get decent, available content. Say what you want about WoW, you can get everything ingame just by playing the game.

    This feels an appropriate place to reply with a revised movie quote:

    The more you tighten your grip, Cryptic, the more players will slip through your fingers.
  • cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I mean, what the heck is this mess?
    (...)
    Is that supposed to be a deflector? It just looks like whoever designed the ship decided not to bother since that part of the ship wouldn't be visible in the episode and lost interest!

    GXunAEw.jpeg



    Here you are wrong . There was a "snippet" how it looks:

    l4ucwdgpcrk0.jpg

    2aio2cjjsu6y.jpg


    The STO Model is very accurate ...

    And i really LOVE that design..

    The entire Ship looks amazing. And yeah i will get it (surely via exchange and even it is way too expansive there)..

    Beside this, i am angry too, that they dind´t come in c-store.. But yeah, this is my most wanted ship so far..



    2ntadi4o8mmx.png
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    strathkin wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »
    As someone before me said, a nice Promo Ship be STO DEVs take on the Titan
    The Titan was stated to be a Prometheus Class ship in the Decipher RPG supplement material, and a Luna Class ship in the Titan novel series. Both ship classes are already in-game.

    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Luna_Reconnaissance_Science_Vessel
    strathkin wrote: »
    Perhaps the Titan we'll see in CSTORE, though one ship I was always surprised, that never got CSTORE treatment was the Typhoon?
    Cryptic has pretty much removed the Typhoon from the game, except in one or two missed instances. The ship was replaced with several other Battlecruiser type ships.

    I think they never added it to the C-store because they always intended to remove it from the game at some point. IIRC, they mentioned several times years ago that they never liked the way it looked.

    I'm familiar with Luna Class, as I meant to imply, we've not seen a T6 Titan (redesign) as many have asked of the T6 Nova as well. As someone else pointed out, there has been fewer CSTORE ships released in 2020.

    Most of my comment above really was focused on this point, that there was only a whole fleet of these ships around Riker, so really how rare are they; as someone else tweeted to their announcement.

    V52BJtr.png

    Still I'm shocked by the Universal Console, being given to the first Intel Ships now. :#
    gaevsman wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Back on the topic of the Inquiry class - I didn't manage to view much of the livesteam and a lot of what I've seen regarding this ship was via screenshot. And whilst have seen some screenshots of the ship, and a few of its weapon layout, I didn't catch anything about the BOFF layout - what specialty BOFF seats does it have?

    Miracle Worker Full Spec, and I think the other is Intel? So it will almost certainly have features that some will consider desirable.

    Thank you! That's quite a potent combo to be honest!

    Thanks for posting the link :)

    Have to say, can probably kitbash something that doesn't look too bad using the three skin options.

    And command cruiser thingies like weapon efficiency combined with innovation mechanics.

    It's basically everything. They only forgot to add three hangar bays and a secondary deflector slot.

    Its is potenitally rather OP, if built right, to be honest. As has already been said, probably not quite Vaadwaur Juggernaught OP, but it's still looks a pretty darn potent ship!
    It's one of the few MW ships, that is actually good... (Reference to early quote - Vaadwaur Juggernaught) ...I think is better than the Gagarin.. too expensive.. wish they could release a KDF or Romulan version to the c-store... (probably the warbird will be the same)

    Yea a KDF T6 MW Gagarin Equivalent at least be a 3rd fine ship to offer; as Romulans could fly one based on their allied Faction at least.

    I may be wrong but I think when they released the Gagarin they made the Qugh for us(flying omelette) with MW sit

    edit: here is the link on that ship:

    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qugh_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser

    found the bundle that introduced them I think:

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

    the blog was in early feb 2019
    Post edited by lordmerc22 on
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    That's kinda TRIBBLE given that it doesn't fit the criteria for a lockbox or promo ship. Really should have been a C-Store ship.

    Art looks nice though.

    yeah. I'm not going out of my way for it.
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I think the ship looks good given it's amount of screen-time in Picard.

    I like the pedigree of the Inquiry from the Avenger & Arbiter & with that being said, Cryptic's "If you also own the Fleet Avenger or Arbiter-class Battlecruiser [T6], the Inquiry-class Battlecruiser may use those visual customization options as well!." imo this is just more of Cryptic's not taking an extra small-step for the player. It's a Promo gamble starship for crying out loud, include the other 2 ship skins to complete the set, that wouldn't had harmed anything given they're older ships anyways.

    I think the hull & shield modifiers, energy distribution, BOFF layout & console layout are all good.

    Innovation Mechanics is never my favorite since there's a randomness to the triggered result.

    I actually like the idea of the starship trait & console, but as with most the execution of the implementation matters more & if it can be used in tandem with others.

    I don't plan to gamble for it though, just too tired of losing, but good luck to those that do.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,655 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2020
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think when they released the Gagarin they made the Qugh for us(flying omelette) with MW sit

    edit: here is the link on that ship:

    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qugh_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser

    found the bundle that introduced them I think:

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

    the blog was in early feb 2019

    Yea you are right, I completely forget, which is a shock, cause I have one; I just don't fly in Fleet version for my KDF.

    REASON:
    I was really quite SAD, the Klingons never got a Modernized Hull, that only seem to go to the Federation Gagarin. Perhaps that's why you call it the flying omelette too... :'(

    Still a Good catch, yet would love to see a T6 Titan Revamp, or a T6 Nova be nice! I'd even love a variant of the Nova offered for the KDF too...

    <3:o
    0zxlclk.png
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    Meh.... it's in an RNG slot machine box.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • lordmerc22lordmerc22 Member Posts: 776 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    lordmerc22 wrote: »
    I may be wrong but I think when they released the Gagarin they made the Qugh for us(flying omelette) with MW sit

    edit: here is the link on that ship:

    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Qugh_Miracle_Worker_Battlecruiser

    found the bundle that introduced them I think:

    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11084823-the-discovery-operations-pack!

    the blog was in early feb 2019

    Yea you are right, I completely forget, which is a shock cause I actually have one I don't fly in Fleet. Just not a fan of the Ship's Hull, wish they gave the Klingon version, a Modernized revision the Federation received. :'(

    Still a Good catch, yet would love to see a T6 Titan Revamp, or a T6 Nova be nice! I'd even love a variant of the Nova offered for the KDF too... ...and don't get me started about T6 Dyson Class. <3:o

    Yes for the Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice they used to make either a crossfaction(see like Vaadwaur Jugger) or have multiple ships to cover factions(like Durgath/Valkis/Temporal Heavy Dread) but they changed and now its mostly federation ships with potential to be popular. It may be a sign that STO/Cryptic finances have gone downhill too. They had the cost of developing a new game too, I guess, but regardless I dont like it where it is going with all these
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,461 Arc User
    USS Copy 'n Paste.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    Sadly a very underwhelming ship.
    Doesn't belong in a box/pack, should just have been a regular store ship.
    Also, another one faction ship added to pack that usually contain something for all factions?? Come on now... ;(
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
Sign In or Register to comment.