test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No patch notes for today??

gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
I guess it's just shard mantenaince, but no warning on the launcher or any kind of information is odd.. :neutral:
The forces of darkness are upon us!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Nope. No pre warning whatsoever, yep which is odd. Or maybe this is the new. Players are used to maintenance being at 7am, that maybe they are thinking why bother putting it on the launcher. Or it could be that because patch notes are seemingly only being released via social media, the banner on the launcher saying about see the forum for more details is now obsolete. Maybe they are coming up with a new one "check social media for more details. But if you are a non social media user. Meh"
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    No info on twitter, or facebook, neither on reddit... as i said, it's ok if it is a shard one, but most of the time there where always info that it IS a shard maintenance and nothing more..
  • riversong2013riversong2013 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    could be server downtime. it is odd for no warning
  • jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Incredibly misleading for second shifters who might have needed one more Flying High to finish their Risa ship, though. So much for having until 11am.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Guess being a community manager for Cryptic's STO is an interesting job.
    casualsto wrote: »

I dont think is Kael's fault.. perhaps he wasnt notified, as in any job, he didnt get the memo.. it happens on my job, so i see no reason for not happening on Cryptic
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

I dont think is Kael's fault.. perhaps he wasnt notified, as in any job, he didnt get the memo.. it happens on my job, so i see no reason for not happening on Cryptic

To be honest, I'm afraid that something went wrong. I sincerely hope they didn't fire him. The changelog is usually an easy list. If it's a gag, it's a gag and that's that. Let's just hope that's just a misalignment in communication.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I never count on the last day of an event to get the last progress I might need because I might not get up in time to do said event before the maintenance starts. Granted, I usually am because it's 9am where I live, but there's always that chance.

besides, I always make sure to give myself plenty of leeway by doing it every day (as I have the time to do this over five accts.). It's the others who work odd hours who might have the troubles.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • pet1e86pet1e86 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

He said last night on twitch stream that summer event will end with maintenance today, so he knew there will be maintenance, just not bothered about the patch notes.
    So it was a server reboot it seems, literally.. good to know... after the fact, but good to know.. :lol:
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    No point on dwelling on it. It's done. STO is back up. Like most things in life. S*** happens.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Is today April 1st ? LOL.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Eh... usually if there are no patch notes its all back end stuff with no actual changes to the build, and thus really nothing to notify us about other than "back end maintenance".

Doesn't really bother me honestly. Then again as a veteran player, I know when maintenance is so the downtime is never really a disruption to my schedule.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    launcher isn't even working.

Yea... Account Server went boom. I was rotating my Admiralty and got logged out...

Who forgot to feed the server hamsters?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    Patch notes are too hard for them to write and maintain...

that's cuz it's all cryptic to them
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I just assumed it would be down starting 10 AM Eastern as they had to turn on the Red Alert Event. As the number of Patches have been getting smaller and smaller each week, this week they were just swallowed up into a Singularity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    I assume nothing, if its not posted that its gonna be down, then its gonna stay up and we get to play instead of stare at a blank screen:)!
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    Or maybe there was not even a patch, just the turning off of the summer event. Usually when there is a patch the launcher takes at least a few seconds to download and apply it but today there is nothing at all, it just starts normally.
    I'm also a veteran player, but as of now they always let us know its a shard mantenaince, usually in the launcher, or in social networks, but is rare for them not posting anything... anyway, it's not terrible, just odd.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    The server hamsters decided to kneel...
    Spock.jpg

westmetals wrote: »
    interestingly... perhaps we were heard re: the lack of warning/announcement of the maintenance period*... the Launcher is now (on Friday night, Sept. 4) showing the announcement already for a maintenance on Tuesday morning (Sept. 8).

* I specifically say the maintenance period (time), not the patch notes, as we all know that some past maintenances had no patch notes, and it's possible that this one was also of that type. But those have usually been announced, with a statement that there were no patch notes.

That's my point, so far they always let us know.. i know is regular, but they usually report for how long, at least, and if it is a shard maintenance or not, just like they are doing now for the 8
This discussion has been closed.