test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cross Faction Support Carrier Bundle!

1235»

Comments

• dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    Will all of the fighters eventually get the squadron option? I'd love to see my Jupiter spitting out swarms of Peregrines.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    redwren89 wrote: »
    I hate to be one/another one to TRIBBLE on your release. The stats look in-line with current ships, but on closer inspection, the squadron pets performance and hull hp are only the same as the normal version of the pet - looking closer, we can see that only the leading ship fires, the others just follow and looks mediocre when trying to appreciate it.

I was about to buy the romulan ship ra'nodaire, but as I was able to see the ship once others bought it, I could not appreciate the forward section. Its like the warbird's 'head/beak' has been chopped off. Its extremely ugly, just like the T'laru.

I'm still waiting on the D'deridex and Negh'var revamps before I spill my money pot. These two ships are way out of their league compared to the latest cstore ship updates/releases. This does not spell good news for the more purist trek players like myself.

Come on Cryptic you have to keep up!

The weird thing is that when you see the new Romulan carrier in 3D from above it is obvious that the ship flies backwards and the "head" was originally the tail and the plucked-chicken tail was a more traditional head (probably smoothed after the switch).

I am not sure what this fascination is with turning around or flipping over ship designs in Trek, but both the shows and the game do it quite a bit. In this case the general Shikaris-like shape if you look at it in reverse suggests that it may have started off as the Caitian carrier of the set and the Romulan was possibly discarded or started too late, with a reversed rework of the Caitian in its place taking advantage of the weird wing structure of the Kholhr to suggest it is a Romulan design.
  • dkeith2011dkeith2011 Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    My one complaint about these ships is that, like most carriers in the game, the pets dont launch from the highly visible hangers.

Weapons always fire from predetermined points, why can't that be done for fighters and other pets?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »
    My one complaint about these ships is that, like most carriers in the game, the pets dont launch from the highly visible hangers.

Weapons always fire from predetermined points, why can't that be done for fighters and other pets?

Valid point. Cryptic has done a good job over the last couple of years with their weapon hard-points to make it look better. I'm surprised Cryptic hasn't done, or considered doing, the same with pet launching.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    dkeith2011 wrote: »

Valid point. Cryptic has done a good job over the last couple of years with their weapon hard-points to make it look better. I'm surprised Cryptic hasn't done, or considered doing, the same with pet launching.

It also doesn't help every fighter is oversized compared to "normal" ships and it shows a lot with those carriers and their new frigates. While the Romulan carrier's hangars are (barely) big enough to fit the Malems, there is no way the Caitian frigates could be in their carrier's hangars.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    I'd imagine that the 'scale' of hangar items is so that you can see them more clearly, with your eyeballs, instead of having to find them with Shift+Tab.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,386 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    I'd imagine that the 'scale' of hangar items is so that you can see them more clearly, with your eyeballs, instead of having to find them with Shift+Tab.

Excusable for the shuttles, much less so for frigates as they're not fighters but often existing ships that are supposed to be on the same scale as the rest.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User

Excusable for the shuttles, much less so for frigates as they're not fighters but often existing ships that are supposed to be on the same scale as the rest.

True, STO uses the Orion Interceptor class ships as "fighters" for example, and they were slightly bigger than the NX-01. It would be silly if they tried to use NXs as fighters but they turn around and use something bigger?

They go the other way too, and use something shown to be about the size of a large runabout in DSC as a full T6 ship (the T'Pau class science scout), not to mention the single-seat Jellyfish as another one.
  • cyphexthekingcyphextheking Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    They go the other way too, and use something shown to be about the size of a large runabout in DSC as a full T6 ship (the T'Pau class science scout), not to mention the single-seat Jellyfish as another one.

Don`t forget the "La Sirena" .. It is also a full T6 ship, which is also sligthly bigger than a runabout..

How cool would be a Fed-Carrier, who can use La Sirena´s as fighters and/or Defiants as Frigattes hehe..

2ntadi4o8mmx.png