test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to conclude the Lohlunat festival?

Comments

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    Didn't see a no/nothing option, assumed some sort of bias and thus no vote.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    What alts and can you prove that alts are being used, or are you just being paranoid like was said? While I have two STO accounts, I only use this one to post on the forums. I used the other maybe one-two times, and not to troll anyone. I told the truth and said that was my other acct.

I have no use, nor will to troll anyone. I speak my mind and leave it for others to think what they will. Do I always agree with Cryptic? No. Am I happy with the game? For the most part. I'm able to play what I want, when I want and with whatever captain I want.

During events, I play across five accounts owned by me and my family so I can get them their shinies. I offered to do this because I have the time. Do I complain about the grind? No. I choose to grind across the accounts because they like having shinies, but they don't always have time to keep up with the grind. The next grind for the free T6 coupon will probably be our next grind.

However, I'm satisfied with what the Summer Event has given us-a nice, shiny T6 science ship. So I don't need any extras for the end. That is my opinion.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    edited August 2020
    All you're saying is that some people brought alts. Which people and which alts. As far as I know peter, cold, jon and rattler have no need to use alts, as they are like me and speak their minds.

As another poster put it upthread, and I put it on page one, there wasn't a 'Nothing' option, so I didn't vote. Wonder how many others did the same and just didn't say so?

You were the one who called people who disagreed with you whiners. Others just punched back and then you started accusing them of using alt accounts.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    With the amount of Horga'hns we hunted? I think a 48h Jamaharon marathon championship is in order :P
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Response to moderated post redacted. -- WingedHussar
    Post edited by wingedhussar#7584 on
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Please, people, be civil, i chat with a lot of you on these forums, and you always try to keep it civil, nicely pointing out when someone was wrong or dont like their ideas, but you guys are ussualy nice. I dont agree with the OP, i dont consider that an aditional reward is needed, because we will have to "pay" for it.. perhaps more days of grind or something similar, i'm ok with the reweards as it is, wish it would be less days of grind, but more days to do it, like 15 tokens, in 30 days or something. Anyway, can we please calm down?, thanks! :smile:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    You really think people are posting on alts to go against you? O_o Wow.

And yeah, I'm another one who didn't vote because there wasn't a "nothing" option. Because, like I said earlier, this event gives us plenty of stuff, why would I ask for more? It truly feels greedy/ungrateful/etc to me, to have a nice event and then ask for more.

(btw, I'm still trying to figure out what a "grassroot player" is. Anyone know?)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You really think people are posting on alts to go against you? O_o Wow.

And yeah, I'm another one who didn't vote because there wasn't a "nothing" option. Because, like I said earlier, this event gives us plenty of stuff, why would I ask for more? It truly feels greedy/ungrateful/etc to me, to have a nice event and then ask for more.

(btw, I'm still trying to figure out what a "grassroot player" is. Anyone know?)

There is a lot of terminology i didnt get on this tread, but whatever.. :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    @lexers624#8781 and @coldnapalm, both of you drop it or I'll break out the warnings.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    I did not vote, because I was not a vote ... err, because there was no "none" option.

I have many character alts on my @davefenestrator account, but I only post here as myself. My socks stay on my feet.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Now that I'm thinking about it: those favours can be sold for quite a lot of EC.

So you could actually get some lobi indirectly by buying keys.

I now finally understand the non- and none-voters. They are much better traders than I'll ever be. :(:p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Now that I'm thinking about it: those favours can be sold for quite a lot of EC.

I now finally understand the non- and none-voters. They are much better traders than I'll ever be. :(:p

Flying High "pays" you enough lolwuts to sell for almost 500,000 EC, plus you get the 12,000+ dil too.

I think Cryptic is already being generous enough for a few minutes of sky flying.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    echatty wrote: »
    As far as I know peter, cold, jon and rattler have no need to use alts, as they are like me and speak their minds.

I have an alt? Where is this alt? I would like to meet this alt.
    Joking aside, I have NEVER had an alt account. Don't see the point. If I ever go Troll Mode on purpose, someone really earned it. I usually limit it to just trying to break up the tension a little bit though.

And as Cold said, we don't always agree on things. We've been on opposite sides of a debate many times. But I believe we both can, for the most part, see where the other is coming from. There are times we may not, but given enough time our positions do become more clear, and I believe we respect each others stance, even if it doesn't actually look like it at times when things get a bit heated.
    Pretty sure we made some Tellarites proud with out debates. ;)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User

Flying High "pays" you enough lolwuts to sell for almost 500,000 EC, plus you get the 12,000+ dil too.

I think Cryptic is already being generous enough for a few minutes of sky flying.

Well, or not nearly generous enough. Considering the high prices for favours ;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Proof? I don't have to provide proof to fellow forum users.

Actually...as the one accusing your detractors...yeah you kinda do...or you know, your accusation has no merit. But if you are willing to utterly fold on your accusation...sure, you don't have to provide proof.

I agree with this. If you're going to accuse someone of using an alt account for any reason, the burden of proof is on you. Refuse to provide it and your accusation falls flat.

However, believing someone is using an alt account simply to troll you is ridiculous, IMO.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.