test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to conclude the Lohlunat festival?

lexers624#8781 lexers624 Member Posts: 273 Arc User
Less than a week left to the Lohlunat festival; how would you like Cryptic to conclude it? I tried to cover the usual popular requests but just in case feel free to make suggestions in comments. (Note, I was limited to 10 options, and I had to merge some options, and remove the "I'm a greedy Ferengi, I want all of the above!")
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

What would you like to conclude the Lohlunat festival? 19 votes

A 48h mark bonus on the last two days (to trade away those monkeys and birds);
21% 4 votes
A 48h XP bonus on the last two days;
0% 0 votes
A 48h store-wide discount on the C-Store on the last two days OR a Zen Charge bonus;
0% 0 votes
Another dilithium bonus on the last two days;
0% 0 votes
A 48h doubled refining power on the last two days (refining 16k of dill instead of 8k);
5% 1 vote
A 48h x2 bonus on favours earned on the last two days;
5% 1 vote
A 48h 50% discount on the Risian store on the last two day or a favour bundle giveaway on the the last two days (like 1k bundle of account bound favours);
5% 1 vote
A special one-time-account-wide 200 Lobbi crystal bundle sold for favours on the last two days, just like during the re Q WW rerun;
52% 10 votes
A giveaway on the the last two days (limited number of very good items, like a pair of Mining Claims);
0% 0 votes
A giveaway on the the last two days (a little more of lesser items, like account bound XP bonus pools or dill bonus pool);
10% 2 votes

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    Events normally just end without a special conclusion so that's what I expect to happen.

If I'm wrong, it won't be Lobi since that was the replacement for the ship that most people already had.

It's unlikely to be a giveaway, that hasn't happened before.

Maybe a (something) weekend, but that's just normal weekending not tied to the summer event.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Events normally just end without a special conclusion so that's what I expect to happen.

If I'm wrong, it won't be Lobi since that was the replacement for the ship that most people already had.

Maybe a (something) weekend, but that's just normal weekending not tied to the summer event.

I'm of similar mind-set. I don't ever remember some special conclusion to the Summer or Winter events so I won't expect any. If anything does happen that will just make it that much better. I voted for the one-time-account-wide 200 Lobi bundle purchased by Lohlunats since similar has been done before for the Winter event, perhaps that would be easier to implement. The "trolling" approach would be a giveaway of (5) Keys lol
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Agree with cold. Since there's a 'Nothing' choice I didn't vote.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Lobi is always nice to have.

There's not much in the store that I care about. The reputation vanity shields look much better imo, the clothing is not interesting to me because it cannot be worn outside Risa anyway and the kit abilities are fun to try on one toon, but that's it really as I try to have unique ground builds for all my characters.

I only need a small stock of favours in case I'd ever wanted to buy a Tribble for a new toon, or a pet. So buying lobi with the rest of my favours, would be a good deal.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Why do we need an event for an EVENT?!? Seriously is not the none stop events not enough anymore? We need stacking events?
    echatty wrote: »

Well, a special sale isn't really an event like the Risa event of course.

I mean, I wouldn't call the release of a new C-store ship (and accompanying sales) an event.

So imo, it wouldn't really be stacking events. It'd simply be adding a nice additional opportunity to buy some stuff, in some cases with the stuff players have collected anyway.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I was looking for the "free t-shirt" option :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I was looking for the "free t-shirt" option :p

Honestly, I'd still prefer to get a real life shuttle.

But I've kind of given up on that.

• jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    The ability to ban anyone in Zone Chat who insists on discussing 21st-century politics. I don't care whether I agree with you or not, I'm out here trying to pretend to fly my spaceship around the galaxy in the 25th century, and those arguments are about as meaningful to me as interrupting a Call of Duty game to debate whether the Medicis have too much influence over the Republic of Florence.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    jonsills wrote: »
    The ability to ban anyone in Zone Chat who insists on discussing 21st-century politics. I don't care whether I agree with you or not, I'm out here trying to pretend to fly my spaceship around the galaxy in the 25th century, and those arguments are about as meaningful to me as interrupting a Call of Duty game to debate whether the Medicis have too much influence over the Republic of Florence.

Discussing?

It's usually just throwing in some statements and watch the fires burn.

I doubt that the people who make most of the noise in ESD zone chat have any idea what a 'discussion' entails.

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    jonsills wrote: »

Salvestro da Medici did what he had to do!!, change my mind!! :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User

The title say: "What would you like to conclude the festival?" and not "How do you think Cryptic will actually conclude it?". I made this poll trying to gauge what people would like.

Oh, OK.

A free Federation Legendary Ship bundle then.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    None of the above. I have gotten my ship and that is all.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Discussing?

It's usually just throwing in some statements and watch the fires burn.

I doubt that the people who make most of the noise in ESD zone chat have any idea what a 'discussion' entails.

Which is why I keep Zone Chat turned OFF honestly. Even when people try and ask honest questions it gets buried under trolling and political BS.
    And oh boy do I have a few stories about some of the things I've seen in Zone Chat. If anyone is interested... we can probably just do a PM thread to compare notes.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I think they have learned their lesson about the marks weekends occurring during either the winter or summer events. They had them during the last 2 and you could actually make good old days amounts of marks - so I wouldn't expect to ever see them again (part of the reason to get rid of the calendar also).
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    The title say: "What would you like to conclude the festival?" and not "How do you think Cryptic will actually conclude it?". I made this poll trying to gauge what people would like.

I would like... nothing. Because why do we need a special bonus to end the event period? It makes no sense to me. The event itself (with it's various things to do & buy, and the ship, and the bonus Dil once you have the ship) is a "bonus", so why would there be another bonus to celebrate the end of the bonus? /confused

It just comes across as excessive greed to me.
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    If you wanted to see what people wanted, why a poll that limits their choices? A better poll would be "do you want an additional reward (yes/no) post what you want with reply".

Then I can vote yes, ignore the lame options you presented, and suggest an all Gorn in Speedos conga line. (Rawr <3 )
    gHF1ABR.jpg
    maina wrote: »
    Then I can vote yes, ignore the lame options you presented, and suggest an all Gorn in Speedos conga line. (Rawr <3 )

Grumpy-Cat.jpg
    You did that on purpose didn't you...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Why do we need an event for an EVENT?!? Seriously is not the none stop events not enough anymore? We need stacking events?
    echatty wrote: »

Well, a special sale isn't really an event like the Risa event of course.

I mean, I wouldn't call the release of a new C-store ship (and accompanying sales) an event.

So imo, it wouldn't really be stacking events. It'd simply be adding a nice additional opportunity to buy some stuff, in some cases with the stuff players have collected anyway.

Yes it is an event. Dilithium/refining/lohlunat favor/mark bonuses would be a stacking event. I had enough of event after event during an event. No more.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I would settle for an Upgrade Weekend. I've got 3 alts that are waiting for it now. I think it's been over two months since the last one?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Given how the cost of Summer things in Favors is ridiculous compared to the cost in Ornaments for Winter things, the 200 Lobi Bundle in the Summer Store would be astronomical in price.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Grassroot players are fed up with incessant grinds being added non stop, as it forces up to run them or suffer a penalty down the road. However, grassroot players don't mind having bonus and discounts their way from time to time.

Feel like this was meant to be some kind of backdoor insult towards certain people...
    It is sooo enlightening to read the post history of people whining against my idea...

Not winning you any favors with that jab at people who disagree as it paints you as mocking them and of the mindset of "your opinion does not matter to me".

Event Fatigue is a thing. And while some people are less diplomatic about their opinion on the subject, the fact remains that they give those opinions with a good reason.
This discussion has been closed.