test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could the Entire Story of Pokemon Anime actually be a set in months not years?

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
Hay Everyone There is a Huge thing a lot of Pokemon Fans like my self been asking about ever since the like 5th Season of Pokemon Why is ASH always 10 years old! for the Past 23 Seasons Ash always have been 10 and here is my Theory the Entire Season of Pokemon is only something like 10-14 Months Long from indigo League all the Way to Sword and Shield I have not seen Pokemon Anime in a while so I cannot see any Dates to prove this Theory if anyone as Any evidence on it please let me know.
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    I don't remember which episode or season this was in off the top of my head, but in one of the Johto league episodes, Ash reflects on having been with Pikachu for a year, at least in the English dub anyway. That's always stuck out to me as something that always gets brushed under the rug in all the seasons that's followed. I don't know if there's any other episodes that touch on this as I haven't really watched the series since the Battle Frontier days.

One of the theories I've seen that kinda makes sense to me is centered around Ho-oh and having eternal happiness. Though this one's actually kinda bleak as it places Ash in a coma following the Spearrow kerfuffle and everything that happens from that point forward is his subconsciousness keeping him forever young.

Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited August 2020
    Nope. It can't.

In the anime, Ash specifically said before his entry into the Indigo League competition, that he had been away from Pallet Town for a year. IMO I use that as the average for each league challenge.
    So...
    • Indigo League
    • Orange Islands
    • Jhoto League
    • Hoenn League
    • Sinnoh League
    • Unova League
    • Kalos League
    • Alola Region

Honestly Ash should be somewhere around 17 or 18. Not perma 10.

Also... May honestly would make more sense if she was around 14-15 when we first meet her in Hoenn.
    May_AG_3.png
    Not 10. Because most 10 year olds don't look like that honestly.
    Also I'm firmly in the Ash/May camp because those two mesh so well together personality wise.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    True, from that picture May could have easily have been twelve, maybe even 11, but ten is pushing it a bit far.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Cartoon characters generally don't age. The Simpsons haven't aged a year despite having birthdays, christmas and new years for what, 30 seasons now?

The stories even just move on. Originally, Homer, as a toddler, was at Woodstock and met Marge in the 70s. Later seasons though showed them having met in the 90s for the first time - the family however already existed in the 80s.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • captan2er0captan2er0 Member Posts: 835 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Nope. It can't.

-snip-

Also... May honestly would make more sense if she was around 14-15 when we first meet her in Hoenn.
    May_AG_3.png

-snip-
    I want to say, I think in the Japanese version, May was actually older, least that's what I remember reading a little while back anyway.

Signature%20Base%203%20copy.png?psid=1
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    captan2er0 wrote: »
    One of the theories I've seen that kinda makes sense to me is centered around Ho-oh and having eternal happiness. Though this one's actually kinda bleak as it places Ash in a coma following the Spearrow kerfuffle and everything that happens from that point forward is his subconsciousness keeping him forever young.

This is still one of the best Pokémon theories.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Nope. It can't.

In the anime, Ash specifically said before his entry into the Indigo League competition, that he had been away from Pallet Town for a year. IMO I use that as the average for each league challenge.
    So...
    • Indigo League
    • Orange Islands
    • Jhoto League
    • Hoenn League
    • Sinnoh League
    • Unova League
    • Kalos League
    • Alola Region

Honestly Ash should be somewhere around 17 or 18. Not perma 10.

May_AG_3.png
    Also I'm firmly in the Ash/May camp because those two mesh so well together personality wise.

Most people don't look like that. :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    I admit I kinda fell off Pokemon around Sinnoh, mostly because Dawn felt too much like a perky May clone at times. Same dream of being a Coordinator, although different motivation, right after May, who became a pretty good Coordinator herself. Honestly Dawn just kinda didn't sit right with me. Would have preferred May to continue traveling with Ash, or bring back Misty to keep Brock in check. :D
    Besides rooting for Pikachu to blast Team Rocket for the umpteenth time, watching Misty drag Brock away from a hot girl by the ear was always entertaining. Especially when you see the hand preparing to strike like a cobra. :D

But what kinda irked me was that they do reference Ash's past experiences in previous league events, but not how long it took to get there. I mean Max even referenced Ash's placement in the top 16 in the Indigo League in the Hoenn arc when they first met, and if we go by the theory of 1 year per League events, would have been at least 2-3 years since the Indigo League. and that's taking into consideration any downtime between regions, which would be pretty realistic rather than "I just got home from the event... I'm going out the door again immediately for my next adventure!" Pretty sure Ash took some time to decide where to go, even if it was just a few days.

Also... Ash RARELY strikes Team Rocket when they're doing their motto. Its like a reverse Sailor Moon effect. They do their motto, and the heroes let them like its some big shock the second they see those uniforms and hairdos. I mean seriously... if you've had a pair of organized crime people hounding you for years, do you really just stand there and let them monologue like stereotype supervillians? I'd seriously laugh if at least once they'd cut to Ash looking at a watch while they do their motto as if he's bored. But I guess that might be a little too Bugs Bunny or something for the setting.
    I was actually happy that for once Ash interrupted their motto in Pokemon 2000. Not only did it throw off Jessie and James, I bet everyone was like "'BOUT DANG TIME ASH!"
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    they have done that several times, where the heroes are just off doing something else while waiting on team rocket to finish their motto​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    Pokemon is going on for now what is for 23 seasons with Anime its really good to know that they have Characters Grow and Evolve like they Do in Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Super so its reason to think that the hole 23 seasons could hapen in like in a few months to like 24 months or so
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
    We're talking about traveling around large regions though. On average it would probably take at least a year to get around a region as big as Kanto, and most regions seem to be of equivelent size. Jhoto's about equal, Hoenn I'd say might be slightly smaller, Sinnoh looks a bit bigger, Unova's probably a bit bigger, Kalos is probably equal to Sinnoh, Alola... not sure...
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    alola is based of hawaii, so...​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.