test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Community Question - Maxing out Endeavour system - Rewards? - Thoughts and Comments?

foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
As many players know, on the 23rd January 2019 (PC Players - Mirror of Discovery) the Personal Endeavour point system was launched.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Endeavor_System

Complete mission, earn points to spend on perks that would add bonuses to all captains on that account. The system has 30 seperate perk allocations with a maximum of 15 points each. Requiring 450 points to max out the system.

Come to August/September 2020 and the front runners are either essentially on the 350 point mark or just passed it. Back when the system first launched Cryptic when asked said it would/was considering extra bonuses for reaching milestones or maxing out the system.

Since then, we havent heard a thing.

450 points is no small task. While alot of the individual missions are pretty easy. Sometimes only taking seconds to complete. The amount of time you need to play the system constantly is considerable.

So, my question to the community. What rewards would you like, or maybe should be given out for maxing out the system? For you players who barely play the system, would you feel cheated or disheartened if a tasty treat was placed at the end you may never reach?

I thought it best to ask now. As if we can get some ideas flowing or at least make cryptic aware. That some are about to reach the milestone of completing the system in about 6 months.Please be as truthful as possible. As i am genuinely curious to see what each of you think.
pjxgwS8.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    Reaching level 450 of the endeavors: A promo ship of your choice - account bound.

To make easy math:
    A promo ship is 1.250.000.000 EC
    Reaching level 450 in endeavors is an effort of at least 725 days. (up to 1000 days).
    Let's take the 1000 days needed to complete as the scenario.
    That means 1.250.000 EC per day (value/worth per effort).

So it feels fair, it's a real carrot for the free to play users who would never afford this type of ship and would grind for like... 3 years for it (1000 days = 3 years of daily playing)

I've currently reached level 335+. I'm currently left only to slot +1 to all energy resists or +1 control resist space/ground and similar minor rewards. I think putting a hefty prize at the end of this ladder is more than justified.

What do you guys think of that?
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    If its just a title or some sort of costume unlock I'd be ok with it. I wouldn't be ok if it was game play buff unless it was only active against NPCs
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I do not understand.

The endeavor system unlocks one of the most considerable stat increases we can grab for our characters.

It puts everything else to shame.

What in the world should additional rewards to progress in this system accomplish? 🤨
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    I do not understand.

The endeavor system unlocks one of the most considerable stat increases we can grab for our characters.

What in the world should additional rewards to progress in this system accomplish? 🤨

Oh i agree :) But i also know there are some in the community who are wanting something more for reaching the milestone of 450 (and sometimes lower). Just best get a feel of everyone's opinions and thoughts on the matter.

Including those that think the stat increases and rewards we get currently are more than enough.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    I think the stat increases are more than enough myself.

Completely agree with peter.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    While I agree the stat increases are great, part of the goal for the system is to get people to log in and play different content. The question then isn't how to reward players at 450, but how to get them to keep playing with it to 900 and beyond when the stat increases are long finished.
    edited August 2020
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > While I agree the stat increases are great, part of the goal for the system is to get people to log in and play different content. The question then isn't how to reward players at 450, but how to get them to keep playing with it to 900 and beyond when the stat increases are long finished.

I think they rather come up with something new but who knows. A two years + progression curve is as perverse as it is. A 4 years + one completely mad and a super turn off to anyone new or returning player. 😏
    animated.gif
    edited August 2020
    > @foxman00 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Oh i agree :) But i also know there are some in the community who are wanting something more for reaching the milestone of 450 (and sometimes lower). Just best get a feel of everyone's opinions and thoughts on the matter.
    >
    > Including those that think the stat increases and rewards we get currently are more than enough.

Roger and you are right. Anybody not interested in plain power does not get much of value here. Power is a major goal for me in STO so my view here is a bit one sided. 😏
    animated.gif
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I do not understand.

This is my mindset as well.

Look, if they WANT to give me something when I hit 450.. cool. But I definitely don't see it as necessary in any way. I have received some pretty nice overall stat increases already that apply to my entire account.. I feel I am being more then adequately rewarded for my time/effort.

The real question was covered earlier.. and that's how to keep people playing the system past the 450 mark. For me, I still have a ways to go, I am "only" at 340. But I admit.. the endeavor system has had it's intended effect on me.. I log in every day to make sure I get my endeavor progress. I have all the best perks for my style already.. I am into buffing things like Torps now even though I never use them, I might in the future so I want the perk.

Even when I am burned out, I usually do the endeavor, when I max out.. I will admit I'll lose a great deal of my motivation for daily log in. I have to think on it, but I am not sure what they could do beyond the 450 mark.

More stat increases beyond what we have now would not really be an option. It's already insanely powerful, adding more on top of it isn't the answer. While the promo ship idea would be nice, that's far more then I would expect.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > This is my mindset as well.
    >
    > Look, if they WANT to give me something when I hit 450.. cool. But I definitely don't see it as necessary in any way. I have received some pretty nice overall stat increases already that apply to my entire account.. I feel I am being more then adequately rewarded for my time/effort.
    >
    > The real question was covered earlier.. and that's how to keep people playing the system past the 450 mark. For me, I still have a ways to go, I am "only" at 340. But I admit.. the endeavor system has had it's intended effect on me.. I log in every day to make sure I get my endeavor progress. I have all the best perks for my style already.. I am into buffing things like Torps now even though I never use them, I might in the future so I want the perk.
    >
    > Even when I am burned out, I usually do the endeavor, when I max out.. I will admit I'll lose a great deal of my motivation for daily log in. I have to think on it, but I am not sure what they could do beyond the 450 mark.
    >
    > More stat increases beyond what we have now would not really be an option. It's already insanely powerful, adding more on top of it isn't the answer. While the promo ship idea would be nice, that's far more then I would expect.

I feel the same. I can let the Doff system be, I can skip admiralty. I can pass crafting, I could even see missing an event ship if it happens to be poo.

Not log and fall back in endeavors: not an option!

Cryptic got me too here. 😃
    animated.gif
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    An accolade / achievement: "Grinder"

We don't need a special reward, and I don't want to feel pressured to grind for it.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    > @foxrockssocks said:
    > While I agree the stat increases are great, part of the goal for the system is to get people to log in and play different content. The question then isn't how to reward players at 450, but how to get them to keep playing with it to 900 and beyond when the stat increases are long finished.

I think they rather come up with something new but who knows. A two years + progression curve is as perverse as it is. A 4 years + one completely mad and a super turn off to anyone new or returning player. 😏

Oh I agree, more stats or whatever out to 900 is absurd, but they already do this endless reward with XP and a full specialization tree. I don't think a chunk of dilithium with every new 450+ endeavor perk would be the right answer, though.

So thinking about it more, what could they do? Well as unlikely as it is that they just give out promo ships, what if they did let you spend perk points on ships?

Spend 50 perk points for a Cstore ship. 100 gets you a Lobi ship. 200 is a lockbox ship. and 300 for a promo ship. I'm sure the numbers are off, but is about 1.5 year the right amount of time spent on the game to get a promo ship or alternatively 3 lobi ships, or 6 Cstore ships? I don't think that's unreasonable, and in that kind of time think about the dilithium you could earn and spend on keys in which you could probably just buy the ship off the exchange. And if they did this, new players could look at this and decide to put off their stat boosts to instead save up their perk points to get the ship they want.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > I think they rather come up with something new but who knows. A two years + progression curve is as perverse as it is. A 4 years + one completely mad and a super turn off to anyone new or returning player. 😏

Two years/Four Years, not unlike the Colony Holding Snakepit. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > > @peterconnorfirst said:
    > > I think they rather come up with something new but who knows. A two years + progression curve is as perverse as it is. A 4 years + one completely mad and a super turn off to anyone new or returning player. 😏
    >
    > Two years/Four Years, not unlike the Colony Holding Snakepit. ;)

LOL colony is shorter but I get the meaning. 😃

Reason for me writing this is probably More wishful thinking than actual concern. When it comes to cryptic, everything is possible for sure.
    animated.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2020
    I think it's fine as is, if people don't want to do it, then it's their loss.

I do think it be nice though for something upon completing it, perhaps a special Faction based Uniform Tailor Unlock! Something unique for Federation, Klingon, or Romulans; depending on the Character to show their special status!

Perhaps something similar for Space as in a 3 Piece Vanity Deflector, Impulse, and Shields as well to denote their Status!
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
  • mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    An accolade / achievement: "Grinder"

We don't need a special reward, and I don't want to feel pressured to grind for it.

Accolade and title, I think should be it. Maybe a dance emote like the Sompek victory dance. (maybe not the adult "Grinding" dance, maybe more of the Hip-Hop Coffee Grinder dance move.)

As to replacing it, I think a log in gift system would be good. It can be added even before people finish the perks. I say start before, because some people don't bother with the perk system at all or very little. Starting it before people would even finish the endeavors allows everyone to play. Finishing the perk system, really isn't that big of a deal, it is just one system in the game, like crafting, doffing, and the admiralty system so no "special" treatment is needed.

The Rough idea comes mostly from Asian grinders (the same system, close versions, etc). Note of course they exist in western games as well.
    Each day you log in you get a gift, normal gifts (as they relate to STO) would be one or more of the items that a filler in lockboxes and such, like Boosters and point pools. They are useful or can be sold for EC.

Every 7 days you get a better prize maybe things like a admiralty Booster pack, Fleet Doff pack, Spec point box, etc

Consecutive Logins are tracked and every 7 days (consecutive) a additional reward is given, this can get more valuable at 14 days, 21days, etc. Here you could have rewards like a fleet module, Ultimate upgrades maybe even Featured TFO Commendations to use on later events.Fleet mark boxes can be added, maybe 5 lobi for consecutive log-in rewards.

A lazy way would be just add easy perk reward to daily, medium to the 7day, and hard to 7 day consecutive. Then all they have to do is program the system and choose which words to misspell.
    gHF1ABR.jpg
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yeah. I'm nowhere near far enough along in the endeavor thingamajig. The game has been so buggy over the last six months, strangely enough the time that we've all endured the ever unfolding COVID-19 pandemic, that I often forget to even check if I have any unspent points. Just playing the games content or running events is difficult enough when simply logging in boots me right back to the main screen a half dozen or more times as I try daily to log in for STO. No other games or apps does this, so it certainly is Cryptic incompetence here!!

Frankly, I haven't even taken the time to figure the whole endeavor thing out enough, but I agree that those who have almost clocked in all of those hours probably should earn a ship unlock or something.

I might whine or cry a little bit, but I would get over it. Maybe even struggle to get there myself?
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I do not understand.

Yeah basically this.

It is a bit strange to ask for rewards that the player would obtain when he has collected certain rewards... especially since they're all account-wide.

That would be like asking: What bonus item do I get when I open a box of each reputation? Or: what do I get when I unlock all the Admiralty slots on a character?

If we're going to request rewards for unlocking/obtaining rewards, then we could endlessly request more rewards since we've just unlocked rewards for the unlocking of other rewards...
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    casualsto wrote: »
    Reaching level 450 of the endeavors: A promo ship of your choice - account bound.

To make easy math:
    A promo ship is 1.250.000.000 EC
    Reaching level 450 in endeavors is an effort of at least 725 days. (up to 1000 days).
    Let's take the 1000 days needed to complete as the scenario.
    That means 1.250.000 EC per day (value/worth per effort).

So it feels fair, it's a real carrot for the free to play users who would never afford this type of ship and would grind for like... 3 years for it (1000 days = 3 years of daily playing)

I've currently reached level 335+. I'm currently left only to slot +1 to all energy resists or +1 control resist space/ground and similar minor rewards. I think putting a hefty prize at the end of this ladder is more than justified.

What do you guys think of that?

So... this is ludicrous.

After playing that many years, you've already obtained a lot of stuff anyway - besides the Endeavour rewards themselves.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    You already also get reward boxes for completing endeavors too.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Morning everyone.

Alot of interesting discussion and points of view. I have really enjoyed seeing what discussions occurred while i was asleep. Initially i didnt say my own view fully as i didnt want to twist or direct the conversation in any one direction.

However, my own personal view is that i personally dont think there should be any rewards for maxing out the system. As many have said the bonuses, perks and other rewards you get over time are nothing to sneeze at. Also, if even after reaching 450 you can still complete and receive the easy, medium and hard reward boxes you are still continuing to receive rewards.

Also when we get down to it, what rewards would satisfy a majority of the playerbase for reaching a milestone of 450? For some reason I personally think if they were to offer something like a nice vanity set (e.g. Deflector, shield, engines etc). I could almost guarantee posts would start to show up from some players saying how it is a "Slap in the face" for all that work.

If they offered a bigger reward (e.g. C Store ship token). Then some players were start complaining about why some players are being rewarded more than others. Or there would be complaints that people are "forced" to login in order to avoid FOMO (Fear of missing out).

As related by several people above. The boosts across your account are already pretty substanial and nice. I just think offering something at 450 would cause more problems than benefit overall. Though, we may see soon enough if anything comes of the magical 450 mark (including bugs where the system stops giving you daily missions :) )

pjxgwS8.jpg
    foxman00 wrote: »
    Morning everyone.

Alot of interesting discussion and points of view. I have really enjoyed seeing what discussions occurred while i was asleep. Initially i didnt say my own view fully as i didnt want to twist or direct the conversation in any one direction.

However, my own personal view is that i personally dont think there should be any rewards for maxing out the system. As many have said the bonuses, perks and other rewards you get over time are nothing to sneeze at. Also, if even after reaching 450 you can still complete and receive the easy, medium and hard reward boxes you are still continuing to receive rewards.

Also when we get down to it, what rewards would satisfy a majority of the playerbase for reaching a milestone of 450? For some reason I personally think if they were to offer something like a nice vanity set (e.g. Deflector, shield, engines etc). I could almost guarantee posts would start to show up from some players saying how it is a "Slap in the face" for all that work.

If they offered a bigger reward (e.g. C Store ship token). Then some players were start complaining about why some players are being rewarded more than others. Or there would be complaints that people are "forced" to login in order to avoid FOMO (Fear of missing out).

As related by several people above. The boosts across your account are already pretty substanial and nice. I just think offering something at 450 would cause more problems than benefit overall. Though, we may see soon enough if anything comes of the magical 450 mark (including bugs where the system stops giving you daily missions :) )

In principle there's not so much wrong with adding stuff like a vanity set. Or an accolade, or an unique costume to completing the full thing.

Then it would basically be something to show off, with not much overall importance in terms of performance. But indeed, it could cause further issues with people complaining about it not being interesting enough.

Then again, it would be added as an additional reward. One that people would obtain as a bonus, compared to not receiving it.

So the question is: would people really complain about this?

Anyway, it's funny that we seem to agree then.

echatty wrote: »
    You already also get reward boxes for completing endeavors too.

Indeed.

I'm sitting on millions more of EC on most characters than I would usually have. Mostly thanks to the Endeavour system. (And perhaps thanks to some additional Admiralty stuff that I did on characters I otherwise wouldn't have logged on to as often as I did thanks to the Endeavours.)

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Eh, just add a special vanity shield and armor account-unlock if people really need something. I'd elaborate further, but I imagine too much snark would creep through..
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    A shiny gold vanity shield, account unlocked, that is called something like "Latinum Plated". It would be quite ugly and plenty of people wouldn't use it, but it would represent some pretty sweet bragging rights for having done well over a year of grinding. Maybe give it a functional aspect that gives you 1 GPL with every space kill, much like the ground doff, which serves no practical purpose, but will make people go "oooOOOoooooh" and secretly desire it.

The best sorts of rewards from a game standpoint are rewards that don't actually give people a realistic advantage, but which people will be thrilled to get.

The PE system gives great rewards, yes... but it does stagnate when you've filled up everything but the trivial resists. People who plough through to the very end, even through all the rewards that are scarcely worth the effort, should have something to mark the occasion, even if (and especially if) that thing is nothing more than a token they can show off in some way.

This discussion has been closed.