test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for a Klingon BOFF as FED

ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
I've been combing through the wiki for any information but can't find any, so here's the rub.

I'm looking to find a Federation Klingon Science Bridge Officer, and I don't mean that common ones the recruit officer sells on ESD or the Diplomat exchange, I mean a natural Federation Klingon.

Is it possible to trigger the "Assignment: Evaluate Bridge Officer Applicant" for that specific officer? I've seen Rare and Ultra Rare periodically in the Exchange but I'd like to find a way to not shell out a few million EC.

Comments

• Options
    ericcoldfire#9804 ericcoldfire Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    It's possible but rather rare. That is the source of the ones on the Exchange.

I am assuming you are looking for a Klingon specifically for RP reasons? (and/or for ground use?)

Because the (free from an episode) Hierarchy Science Officer is mechanically advantageous to have (due to its damage enhancing space trait) and there are also multiple fleet-purchaseable special Science BOFFs, as well as CStore Science BOFFs, which also have space traits...

Yeah it's mostly RP reasons, I like the idea of having a cranky Klingon field medic for away missions.

I bought a Rare one month or so ago off the exchange, but I've been looking to upgrade to an Very Rare just to match the rest of the team and buff the specs and such. The wiki mentions how some sectors are more likely to spawn the evaluate missions, but for Klingons it only mentions where the KDF evaluate assignments spawn.
    Post edited by ericcoldfire#9804 on
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I had a look around and found a very rare Fed aligned KDF engineer and science boff on two different characters as well as a blue tac boff on a third character (all female).

From what I can recall they're boffs offered as standard rank up rewards as one of them is still unclaimed in my available tab.

No idea if this is random, a forgotten LTS perk or what...

For what it's worth the characters involved were all created in 2017 or later so it's not like this is some ancient thing.

I don't think I've ever gotten one via the doff assignments (and I've done quite a few over the years) but suspect perhaps the ones on the exchange may be from players like myself who were awarded them for whatever unknown reason who decided to sell them instead of use them.
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    how about the diplo exchange officer?
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor