Install Arc

The Year of Klingon - Part 1

2»

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    Check Promotions Tab?

Nice that the Sniper Rifle is already Mk XV Epic.

I did. It's not there. I have claimed the bundle but the shield and pet don't appear under the Promotions Tab to be claimed by other characters. Even a search of all of the tabs, doesn't list them on other characters.

Edit: Hmmm. Mine still shows in the Mudd Store, but I have to click the All Tab to see it.
  • zurielsevenzurielseven Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I'm just here to toss in a reminder about our first TNG reference to Klingon cultural rites which is missing in STO: Klingon Painsticks for melee use with an Electrical secondary as shown in the Rite of Ascension in TNG: "The Icarus Factor".
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is in Mudd's Market under the Bundle Tab as well. It seems you can claim it multiple times on a Character.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    The Year of Klingon is starting very soon. If you haven't been keeping up with #StovokorSaturday, you may have missed some of the epic updates we're doing to our Klingon content - but even if you have, there's new things here you've never seen before.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11467903

Now that the year has begun with the two new stories, I felt like Klingons got something really special in these two stories [no spoilers]. However, I played the first story today and had to do it without VO and dialog with my Fed Admiral because it was so out of line with what you would expect a Fed character to agree to or cooperate with. We may have a common enemy but we still are Starfleet. I was hoping some unique differences for non-KDF characters but for now I just have to ignore any dialogue or just consider my Fed captains to be mercenaries for J'mpok.

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    There are now two stories that belong in a Klingon story arc (but can be played by feds) and were created specifically with Klingons in mind.

With the sheer number of episodes that were created from the PoV of Fed characters, it's nice to see two of them that are specific to the KDF point of view.

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    There are now two stories that belong in a Klingon story arc (but can be played by feds) and were created specifically with Klingons in mind.

With the sheer number of episodes that were created from the PoV of Fed characters, it's nice to see two of them that are specific to the KDF point of view.

CM

Please refresh my memory, which two missions?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Umm, the two new ones... Those are the two I was referring to. They make little sense played from any other perspective than KDF...

Stupid me... The first is??? The second is Khitomer Discord...
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Loving the first bit of Year of the Klingon!

LhRip6A.jpg
    1xe027q.png
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Was that unreasonably or unseasonably? ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    KDF has been unreasonably deprived of attention lately.

Its the Risa summer event, just like the winter event it tends to force attention off of everything else to a large degree. YotK has barely started, like most other years of whatevers it will probably gain the most traction in the fall and spring.

• kemaiku#5456 kemaiku Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    KDF has been unreasonably deprived of attention lately.

Throw them a new stabby thing, some blood wine and they'll be fine. Starfleet has been and always will be the focus of the franchise and the game.
  • rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    So with all this new Year of the Klingon are the FED klingons gonna get any love It be sweet if my FED klingon could get some uniform options from the KDF side I'd love to be able to use the Korath Uniform & Mirror Klingon Bortasqu' Outfit from the lobi store. To be clear I'm talking about the playable FED Klingons from the Zstore.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,933 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    rykus83 wrote: »
    So with all this new Year of the Klingon are the FED klingons gonna get any love It be sweet if my FED klingon could get some uniform options from the KDF side I'd love to be able to use the Korath Uniform & Mirror Klingon Bortasqu' Outfit from the lobi store. To be clear I'm talking about the playable FED Klingons from the Zstore.
    I hate to point this out, but Fed-Klingons are exactly that - Federation-based boffs, not KDF-boffs.
    If you want a Fed Klingon to wear KDF costume pieces, you'll have to make do with the special boff from Sugihara.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • rykus83rykus83 Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    I'm talking about my captain I bought the species unlock for fed klingon not the boffs
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    rykus83 wrote: »
    I'm talking about my captain I bought the species unlock for fed klingon not the boffs

...still Fed
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    A shame, after all the hype the non-legendary D7 still looks like trash. Will the Romulans ever get a proper KR cruiser ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    A shame, after all the hype the non-legendary D7 still looks like trash. Will the Romulans ever get a proper KR cruiser ?

Yeah I know someone who wanted a Romulan-Dominion hybrid alliance ship but Klingon-Romulan would be great too. From the House of Quark!