test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Thanks for the (new?) generic Bridge!

theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
The last time I took a closer look at a Risian ship it was at the cruiser and the standard issue KDF bridge/interior was a pure no-go. So having heard nothing but no hopeful news I did not expect any different for the new ship so my surprise was rather big when I went to the bridge and was greeted by something new. Yes, its as generic, simple and cobbled together as it gets BUT considering the alternative and the bridge/interior resentments I'm thankful nonetheless. :)

screenshot-2020-08-24-08-56-18.jpg

screenshot-2020-08-24-09-05-21.jpg

screenshot-2020-08-24-09-02-36.jpg

Taking a 2nd look at the cruiser it still only have KDF bridges though. So it might be in longer than I thought.

Looking forward to a full fledged Risa party ship interior next year :D
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Should be a Beach Bridge.. with palms..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Isn't that the standard generic bridge now? I think maybe it's title/name is Origin.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Ah yes, makes sense. Missed the Alliance BC event. Only other ship I saw using it (but not sure if just now or even back then) is the T6 Risa gunboat.
    Isn't that the standard generic bridge now? I think maybe it's title/name is Origin.

The Origin bridge is a Starfleet themed one and actually looks nice for a free one IIRC. It was the do-over of the previous Starfleet starter bridge and came when they introduced a tighter Federation origin story with Eliza Flores and the others.
  • mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The bajorin ship uses that bridge as well if I remember correctly
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    Yeah that bridge has been around for a while.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    mez83 wrote: »

Ouch. Did not have that either but thats already a few events old :p

Okok, a very very belated thank you then :D
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    It has to be the most severe and esthetically unpleasing bridge of any of the ones available to Federation ships (though there is a Klingon bridge or two that is worse) but it is actually rather fitting since with the concrete look of the floor it looks like it might be built using the Dyson factories which is a good Alliance tie-in. It also fits the current schtick of ships being rush-built to replace the severe Iconian War losses followed by the Hurq and other wars.

While it would be nice to be able to retrofit the ships with better looking bridges later on it is good story-wise.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    It has to be the most severe and esthetically unpleasing bridge of any of the ones available to Federation ships (though there is a Klingon bridge or two that is worse) but it is actually rather fitting since with the concrete look of the floor it looks like it might be built using the Dyson factories which is a good Alliance tie-in. It also fits the current schtick of ships being rush-built to replace the severe Iconian War losses followed by the Hurq and other wars.

While it would be nice to be able to retrofit the ships with better looking bridges later on it is good story-wise.

It's just very neutral. The old generic starbases or scientific stations of unaligned factions or rebels or pirates back in the Exploration clusters sometimes used the same interior. I think arguing that this is actually an intented in-lore gimmick is a bit far-fetched, we know that we just don't get any new bridges and interiors any more.

What I don't understand is, however, why we are not allowed to use the bridges we already have on these ships...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's just very neutral. The old generic starbases or scientific stations of unaligned factions or rebels or pirates back in the Exploration clusters sometimes used the same interior. I think arguing that this is actually an intented in-lore gimmick is a bit far-fetched, we know that we just don't get any new bridges and interiors any more.

What I don't understand is, however, why we are not allowed to use the bridges we already have on these ships...​​

While I won't really bother with KDF bridges on non-KDF ships some of the Federation bridges might stylistically fitting for some of the neutral ships; including the Risa ones IMO. Also it fits the old STO lore made reasoning that all bridges on all ships are easily interchangeable (I mean everybody knew back then that this was invented as an excuse to sell bridges but they fielded that argument in the game themselves ;) ).
    Wow.... That is... Really ugly. Is there a carpet shortage or something? That floor is not only ugly, but also distracting, not something you want on a ship's bridge.

Also, are your Orions tiny, or is everything oversized?

Nothing on my Orions is "tiny"! :P

No, they are rather normal sized. I guess its a Gorn standard size issue interior.
    edited August 2020
    angrytarg wrote: »

I did not say it was intentional, all I said was that it did sort of fit the situation (I was trying to be positive about the ugly thing). Frankly I would prefer they would have just linked the usual list of bridges in like all the lower tier ships have, and allowed any purchased bridges too. That or they could have put the Lukari bridge on it since it would fit the Risan aesthetics to command from the middle of a garden well enough.
  • captkelly31#5645 captkelly31 Member Posts: 392 Arc User
    If any bridge should be removed, it'd be the launch-era "miranda" types. The devs should make the Kirk-film bridges as a replacement.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I've been re-viewing the Enterprise series episodes somewhat. Cryptic doesn't have that Enterprise bridge in STO does it?
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    This is just a generic bridge. I first saw it when I got my Maquis Raider. Which was back when they first came out.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    If any bridge should be removed, it'd be the launch-era "miranda" types. The devs should make the Kirk-film bridges as a replacement.

How about as another option and not a replacement? Rather have a revamped Miranda bridge if that ever happens.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

I have no idea which ones those may be, both of my advanced Mirandas have a bridge which looks like the one in the modern tutorial, a sort of three-step almost Galaxy-style that actually has working doors and turbolifts, and they are the default for that ship since I never bothered to change them.

The biggest annoyance on that bridge is the big skylight with the tiny truck-tire sized dorsal sensor suite stuck in the middle of it, and even that is only a minor annoyance at most.
  • sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Its actually the Miradorn Heavy Raider bridge, which became the default alien ship bridge
This discussion has been closed.