test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Curiosity question

andrewndb#1834 andrewndb Member Posts: 44 Arc User
I played STO almost right when it came out many years ago. I remember right out of the box, you install the disc and play the game... you're diving into some kind of Borg invasion that doesn't seem to exist in the current version of the game. Did this just go bye-bye entirely, or does it exist in some fashion in the current game somewhere?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    I played that too back in 2012, but that old tutorial mission was replaced sometime before Delta Rising in 2014 and replaced again sometime after that. I think the only way to see it now is on YouTube.
  • Options
    mez83mez83 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    The Borg invasion was scaled back alot, but it's still a part of the Fed tutorial.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    mez83 wrote: »
    The Borg invasion was scaled back alot, but it's still a part of the Fed tutorial.

Back in 2012 instead of doing stuff at the academy then heading out in a light cruiser to fight Klingons, you started out fighting Borg drones right after creating your character.

https://youtu.be/wrcWIMkfVcs?t=123
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Yeah they reworked it completely, since it didn't fit the narrative anymore...also we moved from 2409 to 2410 or so... meaning that the BORG incursion of 2409 is in the past.

Good memories though...
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    baudl wrote: »
    Yeah they reworked it completely, since it didn't fit the narrative anymore...also we moved from 2409 to 2410 or so... meaning that the BORG incursion of 2409 is in the past.

Good memories though...

As I recall the narrative isn't different, Vega is still there and Borg still wake up from beneath it, and you still forget about it by the time you do Khitomer Accord.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure you still start at 2409 and pass into 2410 around Delta Rising or so.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    As I recall the narrative isn't different, Vega is still there and Borg still wake up from beneath it, and you still forget about it by the time you do Khitomer Accord.

Actually... Borg weren't waking up under Vega. They were invading though, and I think some of the ships were acting wonky, which I think ties into Kitomer Space and the Temporal Portal. The ground portion doesn't make much sense anymore I think.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
This discussion has been closed.